Author Topic: MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 10:22:00 PM »
Cool - Hey, maybe we spoke in tongues together, hehe.

Back on topic, uh, yes!  No A/C in So Cal Residential Facility and many, many donations of food (daily), bedding and clothing (weekly) and even "slave-like" conditions. Residents were entirely self-sufficient; growing vegtables, cooking meals, answering phones, cleaning,  mentoring, etc.  The elders in the program received a monthly 'stipend' for their choress. It was all good and it worked!!  We have to learn to be selfless in order to enjoy giving.  

Yes - I was sticking my body w/ needles and saw the damage done - whatever it took!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
bid you peace!

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »
I used to go occasionally Sunday nights in Gainsville to the Hari Krisna house for free meals and laugh at their attempts to enroll me, but I really had compassion for them, felt a kind of kinship with them but saw their schtick coming from a mile away.

"One's man trash is another man's treasure"
bid you peace!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004, 11:21:00 PM »
Well you have to understand Robin that the subject of exlusive groups was fascinating me at the time and also truth be told...their food was excellent! The interesting thing about the Hari Krisnas is they used to free food as a come on and then high pressured you to go to their weekend retreat..this is where you got sleep and food deprived, isolated and love bombed. I never went of course but read about it extensively. The moonies also would invite you over for dinner and then recruit you from there. This subject still fascinates me even today especially in light of the fact that the Seed was also a cult and I was a reluctant memeber.

But back to the hari krisnas... the people were really lost and lonely souls looking for a group of people to affirm them. Same was true with  the moonies..and the people who stayed on at the seed as well.