Author Topic: Donation Info  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Donation Info
« on: September 21, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »
Would someone please post info on sending donations for either Bradbury or any general protest efforts etc.

Thanks

What kind of humanism expresses its reluctance to sacrifice military casualties by devastating the civilian economy of its adversary for decades to come?  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684855674/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Henry Kissinger

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 08:20:00 AM »
I think you can donate to Rich via Wes's site.   http://www.thestraights.com or maybe http://www.pumpgate.com

GO RICH!!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »
I would think long and hard about that.  Do research and find out EXACTLY where the money is going.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »
and it is a very worthy cause.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 02:57:00 AM »
I can tell you where the money goes, or at least tell it to you exactly the way Wes advertised it.  Wes and Richney are volunteering, for your donations, to do research to find (research) whether or not it would be 'feasible' (Wes' words) to file a suit against Straight.  

Ray got so many people together, from what two people have said to me, and spoke with a large law firm named Morgan Collin Gilbert.  But he forgot to mention that they never launched any research team because the law firm felt that you were all too little to get around the laws that prohibit small fry cases fighting large political figures like Sembler.  as a reporter I spoke to the people at the firm, took me awhile to get the information, they tend to feel that noone ever will have a case - not even if RB eventually gets a pigs chance at survival with his whole P Gate Propaganda thingamabullshit.

Why would you donate money to another purely Republican cause like Straight graduates.  They can't do anything with the money except wind up telling you what everyone has already said ... there is no way around this insurmountable time period and no attorney is ever going to take your case, especially not Bradbury's attorney who will only speak to you in an interview (not free - the interview alone costs over a hundred dollars for just to speak to the piece of shit liar, as four people involved with this whole debacle have already told me) and no amount of research is going to help a bunch of druggies!

Well worth the money you say ??? Let me have the money you want to donate and I will really do some research for you.  I have a press pass so I can get you more information that Wes ever could. Sounds phoney me saying it like that doesn't it ??? Not half so much as what they want you to do with your money. For the time and money you want to throw away I could pay some bills and tell you whatever you want to know and play on your fears and need for safety so that you pay me more money and I will string you along just like they do.

So, as interesting as it may be to read what Wes writes in his personally edited and legal journals at the straights.com, I would, like others have said and if I were you, take everything you read here or there with fat spoons of salt ladened salt on salt.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »
This all may have started out with good intentions but somewhere along the line it's gotten WAY the fuck off track.  I'm not trying to badmouth anyone, really.  But the way that a lot of this shit has been handled is abominable to say the least, inept at best.  Nothing is ever going to come of these lawsuits.  The Semblers will not be in court, at least not to defend themselves against our claims.  Hopefully some of the publicity that is generated from this will have an impact on them, but I hate to see people truly hold out hope that this is going to end up in court.  The Bradbury/Sembler slander or liable suit could possibly go, but it's not going to have NEAR the outcome that's being talked about. It's not like they're going to have a judgement against them. The BEST possible outcome, the BEST, is that Richard won't be found "guilty" of slander.  That's it.  It's not like some judge is going to hear all his reasons for going through their trash, posting Mels pump on Ebay and suddenly say, Hey!  You all have suffered so much and I'm going to make it right.  NOpe.  Not gonna happen.  

I guess my point is for all of us to take care of ourselves.  Find your own peace and solace with this.  Remind these people of what they've done to us in your own private way.  Some have gone to Newton's house, some have sent letters.  Find some creative yet personal way to remind these fuckers.  All this "organizing" and "protesting" seems to cause more problems than it solves.  Through all the in-fighting, backbiting and exaggerations that have flown around here (not necessarily Fornits, just in the survivors 'network' in general)NO ONE can work together, NO ONE trusts anyone else and EVERYONE is getting paranoid.

Just my .02

Okay, now go ahead and slam me for being anon or for not supporting Richard or whatever.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »
I agree with you whole-heartedly. Every single word.  :tup:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of it's victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busy-bodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those that torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0802808689/circleofmianithem' target='_new'> C.S. Lewis, God In The Dock

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »
All I have to say about it is "you have no clue what is really going on behind the scenes."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »
Oh, quite the contrary!!  I've had PLENTY of experience with what's going on "behind the scenes".  That's exactly why I'm so over all this shit. :wave:

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »
I think that the whole Pumpgate thing is Richard's PERSONAL crusade and way of dealing with his Straight experience.  I mean, I hope it gets settled in his favor, but other than that, I take no personal interest in it.  I agree with the Anon poster above, and I have seen plenty "behind the scenes", too.  We all need to deal with this in our own ways, and if that includes talking to others from Straight in order to sort through some of this shit, fine.  That said, I don't think any real resolution is going to come from any lawsuit--- for the bulk of us, statutes of limitations, the fact that Sembler owns judges, etc. all stand in the way.  I guess it would be a good moral victory if Bradbury wins his case, and I hope he does, but it's his personal way of dealing with it.  I actually think it's kinda nutty to go digging through someone's trash for ten years (it reeks of OCD, if ya ask me), but if it helps him feel better, more power to him.  I'm not discounting the truly admirable things Richard has done, particularly helping kids cop out from Straight and finding 'safe houses' for them to stay when they did.  That took some courage and no small amount of effort and determination.  However, I see the lawsuits and eBay stuff as Richard's personal way of dealing with it.  Is it entertaining? Yes.  Is it helping Richard deal with his experience? You'd have to ask him.  Is it going to provide resolution to all of us for what Straight inflicted on us?  Sadly, I think not.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »
VERY well put!!! :nworthy:  :nworthy:

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »
To be perfectly honest...I could give a shit how they use the money.  I could give a shit about who got ass-fucked behind, below or above the "scenes".  I could give almost a shit and a half about whether or not you, I, or anyone else believes in Bradbury.

I could give a shit what I get in return for making a donation.  

I dont expect a god damned thing from anyone, because frankly...thats not how I live my life.  I dont want retribution or validation or someone to string along my fears.  Maybe, just maybe...this is my own personal way of making things right......their reaction and subsequent usage of my gift isnt what I care about, my personal intentions ARE.

I dont care if Bradbury gets his day in the sun or if Wes gets a new Beamer with my money as a down payment.  I believe that everything we do in this life is for a reason.  Even if my contribution helps someone, somewhere along the line that doesnt have diddly shit to do with Straight, it will have been worthwhile.  

Please dont mistake me for someone who needs something in return for what they give.  Its a sad state of affairs when someone starts putting expectations on what they are gonna get out of helping the world go 'round.  There have been numerous times in my life when the generosity of others has helped me on to where I needed to be.  I trust that the universe will make good use of my donation one way or another.

In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws.  But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
--Martin Luther King

[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2004-09-23 13:45 ]
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »
Wow.  Quite a little tirade there.  Sheeeeeeesh.  I was simply expressing an opinion.  You illustrated exactly what I'm talking about with all the snotty remarks.  I don't expect anything in return for anything that I've done or contributed to *the cause*.  Iv'e been happy to do and give whatever I've been able to.  I've just been realizing over the years that not everything is as it seems.

BTW, the way I feel has nothing to do with thinking that anyone has intentionally misled people.  I don't.  Nor do I think that anyone is trying to make money off of this.  More like everyone has there own personal agenda.  So lighten up a little, you'll live longer. :wave:  :lol:

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
Speaking of lightening up, there is a website called Liquid Generation that does fake news segments called "Suck My News" if you scroll down and do November 15, 2003 you will see an animated news segment that has a picture of none other than Melvin Sembler and some yuppie looking asshole wearing Blues Brother shades and trying to act cool.  This is no joke.  I stumbled onto this a few nights ago.  The big question is how a bunch of guys in Chicago got an insider picture of Mel Sembler and used it in a comedy segment.  The Michael Jackson bit will make you spray your beverage all over the monitor, so be warned!!  All in all, it was pretty trippy to see a photo of Mel on that particular website.  Maybe I should send the boys up there a letter.  

Come to think of it, I would like to create, write, and produce a simple flash type animation short depicting a typical split attempt from Straight's Morgan Yacht building.  Since it was so close to a major shopping mall, there is alot of room for commercial reference placement and that would probably help obtain sponsorship from corporate sources if the project blossomed into a full length.............dare I say MOVIE ?????

I mean I did the bumper stickers and got alot out of it and hope everyone else enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed createing them, but I am itching to do more.  Fuck all that "hurt the directors" shit.  That is over.  They are a bunch of useless tired old fucks that will be dead soon.  I say, while they are still alive, let some of us pool our talents and make some money off our own pained memories.  How about a Straight Musical the likes of 'Jesus Christ Superstar' or maybe even a damn weekly TV series??!!  I'll buy that for a dollar!!!!  And it will give them sumbitches that put us through the shit something to spin in their graves about.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Donation Info
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »
No prob anon, always interested in living longer.  I will lighten up...after all, I only asked for simple instructions on donating cash to begin with.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.  
-- Hunter S. Thompson