Author Topic: Current CEDU Staff  (Read 33484 times)

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »
Listen, you seem to give a hoot, but the fact is that CEDU propagates highly unethical theraputic practices.  One is simply that they lie to or manipulate parents by exaggerating the problems of many children--or even creating them where none exist. For example, I experimented with drugs prior to CEDU. Also prior to CEDU, I easily gave it up--wasn't my thing. Drugs were not the reason I went there.  Once my family head heard I had some drug experiences, he rewrote history to make me a drug addict and used that as a tool to instill fear in my parents.  He had copped out to his own drug addiction and maybe he  thinks anyone who tried it is an addict. Whatever, this fake issue meant we never dealt with any real ones.

I also did not appreciate being blown in raps for  things that never happened; I don't know if staff just got confused or whatever, but again, it prevented anyone from dealing with any real issues.  I hated that they decided a script for you and that was it. I also hated being accused of lying. I was not a liar before I went to cEDU and I was not one afterward.  YOu ask me a direct question, I'll give you a direct answer, consequences be damned.  I don't know if the fact that CEDU treated all kids as liars was a result of many being tainted by a few or what.  

Last, raps were often overemotional about trivial crap like one of the staff members wearing pink bows in her hair, but also encouraged bullying and verbal abuse over direct, straight talk.  Do you think it helps a rape victim, or even someone who is promiscuous if they are told they are tramps, unworthy, with legs spread out to the world? What about all the kids who lied or exaggerated their sex/drugs lives after being relentlessly badgered to tell the truth about stuff that never happened? What about the black girl who was called a nigger? Is it OK that teenaged girls sat on grown men's laps and a female staff member groped guys' asses?  Do we really need to hear about staff smearing fecal matter all over themselves and jerking off in milk cartons, or having sex w/animals? Ever hear of therapeutic boundaries?

How about all the arbitrary bans, cult lingo, rabid insularity? Even the kids who say CEDU is the best have told me they had a very difficult time relating to the outside world when they got out. Don't you think the propheets are just extended periods of intense mind fucking that changes your psyche permanently?

Also, did they really "treat" ANYTHING while you were there? Are kids with anxiety, ADHD, Oppositionalism, or bipolar best placed in an environment that promotes loud abusive confrontation "therapy." How about targeting low self esteem? Is low self esteem fixed by calling people names, telling them they suck, or there parents don't want/love them?

No.

The therapy begins after going through CEDU.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hanlea

Offline MorganG

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »
Lets get one thing straight.  I have tried for many years to forget about it but what do you do if you have Post Tratamtic Sydrome.  I was abused by mother both physically and verbally growing up and here I was placed into a place where I was getting yelled at three days a week for shit I never did.  I was accused of lying in that I said I never did drugs, smoked, and drank before I arrived at Cedu.  I came to Cedu because I needed a fresh start on how to intereact with peers not to be yelled at by untrained faculity.  I can remember being in with people that were trained in Drama not therapy.  You know there are laws in place that say these people can get in serious trouble in they cause harm as not being trained people.  Not once while I was there did I get any help on how to interact with people and not mention that education was sub pair.  I to have dyslexia and I asked and even my parents asked if there was help and we all were promissed that there was but every time I asked this never was.  I was also that the only reason why I couldn't learn is because I was told that I and was led to believe this

Faculity at Cedu several times threatened o take me to a hospital since I was not working up to what they thought I could do.  Loking back on it I wish I took them up this as being in a hospital is much better then it was at Cedu.  I know this because I was in a hospital several times in my adult life and it was here I was properly diganosed with Bi-polar disorder someting Cedu with its untrained faculity were never considered.

Lets talk about medical treatement.  What medical treatment?  If you have a headache you are not dealing with you feelings is what they will tell you.  True you can get headaches from this but I will throw to things at you 1) I was hours from having to be rushed to the ER with a serious infection because the sore throat that I was complaing about was never treated because none of the faculity believed me.  I finally said either you take me the doctor or I will not eat any more.  There is also another story of a student that had his apendix rupture and he was complaining about his symptons and the faculity wouldn't take him.  If wasn't for a smart thinking Tim Brace this could would have been dead.  I have also been reading post on the internet where kids have been injured on the ascent program because they were forced to do things that they couldn't

If you think about why you hate me, you might find that it's not me.
--Antigen

organ Genser

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »
These last postings show a lot of the problems that we have with CEDU. Even people who think that CEDU is great have a hard time relating to peers and the "outside" world in general for a time after they leave. WHether you were there one month or 36 months or worked there for 30 years (Carmen Earl was in my dream last night), you will experience this. What does that in itself mean?
It's that the lingo and view that was instilled into you was a concise idea. And to be at odds with that "ideal" would cause you emotional suffering even if you knew or thought that the concise ideas were flawed. And as a youth, your understanding of either how to look good and get through or to fight until you can't anymore, is skewed by the inability to understand the aspects that are there to/would be "assist in your positive growth".
ALL of that was null and void for me. I was being punished and was constantly having it reinforced that I could do no good. Now I sometimes think I can do no good. But that's relating different info than I started with which is the lasting effects not the short term "ohmigod, i was brainwashed for X amount of time somebody gimme a led zeppelin tape". I do remember when I started to come out of my shell shock, it took a while...I was SO dependent on the way they had made me view the world. And then I ran for years and broke contact with everything about the school until I came to an empasse. Thank God for fornits.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline MorganG

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »
Amen I agree

...and in all indictments for libels the jury shall have the right to determine the law and the facts, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.

(Jury nullification. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!)
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/VC/visitor_info/creating/constitution.htm' target='_new'>Declaration of Rights, PA Constitution

organ Genser

Offline Just Trying

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »
I was wondering what schools you all went to and how long you were their.

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »
Just Trying- go to hell!  Fuck you!

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »
JUST TRYING- why don't you put your head between your legs, pucker up, and suck a fart out of your own Asshole!  

Go Fuck Yourself Cedu Sheep!

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »
It doesn't make a difference which CEDU we attended... they are the same systemically.

Many of us have gone to RS for periods ranging from 6 months to the whole enchilada.
hanlea

Offline manchester

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »
Here's the problrm. CEDU is not an emotional growth school; it's an emotional stunt school. When I was there, I saw UNTRAINED staff - I mean, completely untrained - "treating" kids. Real therapists were ignored. The most abusive, smart-ass staff were promoted. It had nothing to do with skill or training. I'm telling you right now, they wree untrained.

On 2004-09-21 11:10:00, Just Trying wrote:

"I am so glad people have made some worthwhile comments.  Thank You.  I like the analogy of the baby and the fly ball, but I don't quite see the connection, maybe I would if I was ever a student.  I know having a degree doesn't mean you are smarter than anybody, I was just commenting on a statement that CEDU workers are all uneducated.  For the crack problem, I would blame the system that profits from it, not the victims. Bryan, I think you are far too quick to violence and you need to calm down.  Mike, I definitely agree with you that being forced into an institution is not a good way to start emotional growth.  Minors have absolutely NO rights and it sucks.  I think its the major social problem of our era.  Those kids up there are amazing.  They are good kids and they want to change the world for the better.  Many of them are ready to leave, but can't and it is sad to see.  What I would really like to know from Mike and any other former CEDU student is what I could bring to the school to make it either less painful or please forgive me, even happy?  CEDU intrigues me.  In many ways it is a social experiment, but I do not consider you our "guinea pigs".  I believe all institutions could learn alot from CEDU.  However, I don't think all CEDU students deserved to be institutionalized.  It's an unfair contradiction.  Some CEDU Students get help they don't need and many more people who need the help in the outside world don't get it.  Prisons don't teach emotional growth properly and neither do mental health institutions.  If they did, we would probably need less of them. That's just my opinion.   "

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2004, 03:08:00 AM »
i prefer to call it "reform skool"
aura solomon

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2004, 09:20:00 AM »
Yes Laura! Reform School is EXACTLY what Cedu is.

Calling a Reform School like Cedu: "Behavior Modification" is the same thing as "Throwing Roses around the Shit!" (any of you remember this phrase from Raps?)

FUCK CEDU!

FUCK JUST TRYING!

FUCK OTTAWA 5!  

FUCK OTTAWA 2!

FUCK OTTAWA'S COWARD SON MR. SELF-SURVEILANCE, THE BIGGEST BITCH OF THEM ALL!

And FUCK all the rest of the Cedu Sheep-Jehovas Witness-Moles who come out here, deny that we were abused by cedu, and then tell us how Cedu is a wonderful place, and that they want to help kids.  IT'S ALL BULLSHIT!!!

The truth is that the there are only 2 major differences between Cedu Schools and any State Reform School:

1. Cedu will charge parents hundreds of thousands of dollars to isolate, neglect, & torture children, while the State will do all
of this free of charge.  

2. Kids are sent to State Reform Schools by Judges,after being found guilty of committing a Crime, in a court of law.  

Kids who are sent to Cedu don't even get a trial. Many of these kids were never arrested, charged with, or even suspected of any crime.  

More often then not, kids are sent to Cedu because they have selfish parents, who prefer to be free to pursue their business and/or other aspirations, rather than spend the time and energy required to actually be responsible parents & have a healthy relationship with their children.

Often times its the parents own actions & negligence and/or mistreatment of their kids, that causes the negative rifts in parent/child/family relationships to develop.  

That being said, HOW ON EARTH could it possibly make sense to punish kids for their parents mistakes?

Cedu Parents are in denial.
It's much easier for them to hand over their problem children to someone else and pretend that their lives are perfect, than it is for  parents to face the real culprit behind the problems with their children, THEMSELVES!

[ This Message was edited by: SON OF SERBIA on 2004-09-24 06:30 ]

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »
I hate to identify perfectly SOS. I was never arrested and I wound up there. I was a
"problem child", for running away and being a class clown and that kind of thing. Early beginning adolesence, was a bitch, but now there is the reprucussions of my parents decisions and the huge impact they had on my adult life. I spent some years afterwards just trying to deny something wrong had happened to me, I thought it was the world that owed me. It does not, CEDU DOES!!!
Imagine my surprise now realizing a few months ago that I was not alone. I was scared to even say to my parents the truth except under very strenuous conditions... and years later they are helping me again - to understand this giant sleeper cell dragon in my closet. I will slay it!
And so I started this week looking for a lawyer, but I do need help with that.
I'll post about my concerns/questions related to personal injury or class action against CEDU later.
Feel free to comment on your experiences concerning litigation against Syanon/straight/CEDU or whatever hellhole you might have been forced to stay at.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
I agree with Blown away a 100 percent .  In many ways I was like him before I was sent to Cedu.  I could not get along with other peers my age since I acted out and was the class clown.  This was the only way I knew how to act since I was not shown how to act with as my parents were abusive towards me growing up.  When I was at Cedu I faced the same things, yes I was with friends but the yelling by the faculity is the same abuse I got when I was at home as a child with my parents.  Nothing changed.  Count me in if you can find a lawyer that would be willing to take the case.  I don't know what help I can be since I graduated so long ago June 1990 and the statuete of limitations has probabley run out for me.

When I graduated from Cedu I thought that Cedu was this great place.  I have come to realize that this is part of the problem.  Cedu makes you believe that this is some great place so that when you leave you have no intention of suing or going after them for legal abuse.  It was not until about two and half years later when I startted to have nightmares and began to notice how I would get butterfiles when my boss at work would tell me he needed to talk to me, or when I started to expect the worst of any situation that I knew Cedu was not this great place

CEDU SUCKS
 :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:
 :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »
Anon. I know the nightmares and reoccuring dreams. It's all the time for me still.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
Just Trying,
  First, there is no connection between my post and the quote at the end. The quotes are random and you can configure your user preferences (link to the left) to include them or not.

Second, the CEDU program is no experiment. 40 years ago it was an experiment under the name of Synanon. 30+ years ago, NIDA kicked down great big sacks full of cash to various organizations to implimentat the Synanon method nationwide. But, at this point, anyone who might have been interested in knowing the long term results of this type of "treatment" knows. So they must just be either hopeless idiots or sadistic sons of bitches.

Third, you want to know what you could do to make CEDU a better program? Eliminate all forced confessions and other coerced social interactions, allow open communication w/ the outside world, including reasonable unmonitored phone access, unrestricted postal communication, books, magazines, news, etc. Have the entire staff fired, hire some teachers and turn it into a school.

Yeah, I know that's absurd. You can't possibly do all that. Ask a silly question, right? You might just as well ask what can be done with Charles Manson to make him an upstanding citizen.

The government is much more interested in preserving the purity of its ideology than it is in allowing patients to get effective medicine.
-- Ethan B. Russo, neurologist at Western Montana Clinic

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes