Author Topic: IVAN heads toward Jamaica (Tranquility Bay?)  (Read 6714 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IVAN heads toward Jamaica (Tranquility Bay?)
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »
If this thread is for Jamaica in general, I would like to hear more too.  If it's to see if TB was blown away, that's another story.  As for the kids and staff, they stayed at the same place as the disaster teams, so if you hear the disaster teams were injured, etc., then there is cause for concern.  If not, keep the faith that those kids are going to have some stories to tell about living through a hurricane.

Why didn't they all fly out?  Ever tried to get a flight out of an area threatened by hurricanes?  Not only are flights sold out in/out of Jamaica on a regular basis by tourists, finding a flight that isn't sold out or cancelled is the challenge. Finding a flight that isn't going to Miami is another.  From the last hurricane, flights are still sold out from people waiting to go home from most Florida airports.

I personally would have chosen to find as safe a place to stay as I could and ride it out rather than standing in line at an airport.  Would disaster relief workers chosen an unsafe place?  Only time will tell.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »
sounds like a PR firm response to me. maybe justifying who? what? why? when & where?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »
They had Plenty of time to fly those kids out of there. A week, even ten days notice this monster was heading right smack at them.
And maybe they're fine. . . But nobody seems to know.
I personally feel Jay & company placed the safety of the kids a lower priority than their continued control of them; and I find that despicable.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »
A fine example of the extent a program will go to keep the parent and child seperated until they are fully indoctrinated in the program.

It took an act of congress to get my son home from his program for my father wake. That is just wrong.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2004, 04:44:00 AM »
Some info about what's happening in St. Elizabeth and Treausre Beach:

Update  
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:08:43 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:00:51 -0400
To: Gert van Dijken
Subject: Re: HEARD FROM SISTER IN SANTA CRUZ

Hey Gert,
I must tell you how thankful I am and I know everyone else using your site.
You are a "good samaritan" and will be blessed for providing this service
unselfishly.

I heard from my sister again just within the hour and was about to put
together an email for you.
She says that St. Elizabeth as a whole was severely damaged. The extent of
the damage is not known but she says because the Eye of the storm passed
just south of them they really got pounded. They began getting the wind
since 3:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon and the rain only stopped at 4:00 p.m.
this afternoon.
She hasn't heard of flooding in Santa Cruz.The town doesn't usually get the
floods however in the Southfield and Treasure Beach they are bad and were
just affected by Charley as well.
Black River 40% of homes damaged. The sea came up to street level and into
businesses. For those who know Black River they can picture the areas that
would have been included in this description. Very sad.
Many homes and buildings without entire roofs including her very close
friend (Binns) in Goshen area.  There is ankle deep water in her house.

My sister says that she cannot get through on her cell phone to anyone so
it's difficult to hear about other areas.

STETHS (high school in Santa) lost some of its roof.
Burnt Ground and areas next to it very bad as well.
She says she doesn't know how they are going to clear all the trees as it
seems every one was fallen. Every leave ripped from those still standing.
Devastation indeed.

Will keep you posted on news I hear.

Source: http://www.stormcarib.com/reports/2004/jamaica.shtml

---

just got a phone call from Rebecca! I was the fitst she was able to contact. She had to go up to munro area to get service.

She reports that no one has been killed in the TB area!!! No mention of any one injured either!

However, there are other reports of a drowning in Great Bay Also, she heard that 20 fishermen stayed on the Keys and no word from them. Also, Some fishermen in Black river anchored out to sea and no word from them either.

Rebecca is shaken up but is OK.

There is massive damage though...

Most roofs on houses are gone, including hers.

Most trees have been knocked down, including lignum vitaes! For the trees that are standing ,therre are no leaves on the branches

There is water from the sea at Woddy's Shop at the end of fisherman's lane!

Sea water went through Golden Sands to the Cashah tree

If you want to send aid, send it to the US Embassy or to the Peace Corps. I will get addresses after posting this initial report.

If you want to send something to an indicudual, send it to the person care of rebecca Wiersma

Miss Ruby lost half of her roof but is OK.

More very soon!

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. We still have to rebuild, but worst is over!

Sources: http://treasurebeach.net/discus/messages/1584/2400.html

----

There's more info in the links.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2004, 04:50:00 AM »
Oh, and look at that...

By Suellen Troup on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 08:16 pm:
Has anyone checked on Jay at Tranquilty Bay. He stayed during the storm after seeing to it that the kids were safely transported to the shelter. No reports are coming in over the radio as to the status of St. Elizabeth Parish so if anyone has any information about Tranquility Bay and Mr. Kay it would be greatly appreciated.

Suellen Troup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   By Lady Wisdom on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 09:09 pm:
Suellen, I haven't heard anything as yet, but I will check the parents bulletin board tomorrow morning at work to see if he is still posting to let us know what the damages were. I cannot believe that there was none since Tranquility Bay is right on the coastal shore. I will send you a message once I hear as well. Keep him in prayer.

(http://treasurebeach.net/discus/message ... 1095041349)

They don't care about the kids, of course. All they want to know is if Pepper-Spray Jay made it through.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »
PAT AND SISSY BROMFIELD, Jay Kay and Tranquility Bay - the retaining wall is gone and some other damage, but nothing major. People were in MAndeveille and presumed safe

http://treasurebeach.net/guide/fl/default.html

I was hoping that Ivan would get the job done and tear that hell hole down completely...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »
Well, if a retaining wall is gone then there is nothing to stop it from sliding into the sea.
I wouldn't want my kid living and sleeping on a hill side over the sea with the possibility of a heavy rain sending it crashing down in a mudd slide.

But I was never a very good program parent. Couldn't get a handle on the trust thing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »
This question...

By Suellen Troup on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 08:16 pm:
Has anyone checked on Jay at Tranquilty Bay. He stayed during the storm after seeing to it that the kids were safely transported to the shelter. No reports are coming in over the radio as to the status of St. Elizabeth Parish so if anyone has any information about Tranquility Bay and Mr. Kay it would be greatly appreciated.

Suellen Troup

...is interesting.  From Google, we find that Suellen Troup runs a parentshelpingteens website.  IOW, she is a big-time WWASPS recruiter, complete with online videos, brochures, and an instant "tell me about your child and I will tell you what school you should send him to".  She also asks about somebody named Camille Bairis-something like that.  Does anybody know if this a Jay's mistress or a TB administrator or what?  Ms. Troup felt that staffers remained at TB when the children were sent to Mandeville.  

::noway::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »
Do these people actually pay finders fee's and the so called "consultants" get them.  Actually if they are good and acceptable consultants they don't take finders fees, or deal with programs that give them.
Andrea
PFRR

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »
Suellen Troup

...is interesting. From Google, we find that Suellen Troup runs a parentshelpingteens website. IOW, she is a big-time WWASPS recruiter, complete with online videos, brochures, and an instant "tell me about your child and I will tell you what school you should send him to". She also asks about somebody named Camille Bairis-something like that. Does anybody know if this a Jay's mistress or a TB administrator or what? Ms. Troup felt that staffers remained at TB when the children were sent to Mandeville.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well well well -
This explains why I got booted from their little board for asking if anyone had heard from the kids.
It was something like:
Never mind Pepper Spray Jay -
Has anybody heard from the kids?
Not only did they not post my question - they yanked an entire thread I started on a different board asking about the welfair of the kids.
Poof - Gone.
Same folks must moderate the Jamaica board and the Treasure Beach board as sell Tranquility Bay.
What a racket.
And they want help rebuilding. . .
When Jamaica freezes over.
But then, as I told them before the thread was yanked;  wwasp can pitch in with some cash. With 90 moillion + a year coming in, they can rebuild the whole island, better than before.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2004, 07:11:00 PM »
Thanks for the favor Ginger
:wink:

OK the question is:
Has Anyone been able to talk with the kids?
People get threw to the hotel; but are not allowed to talk with the kids.
Why the hell not?
This is not a business as usual kind of thing.
Has the embassy gone in to check on them - or is it true that even the embassy has taken Ken's word for it that each and every kid is fine and dandy?
If this is so - surely there is now grounds to fire the idiots. They have refused to carry out there duties before - but this is just to much; if its true.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »

Well well well -

This explains why I got booted from their little board for asking if anyone had heard from the kids.

It was something like:

Never mind Pepper Spray Jay -

Has anybody heard from the kids?

Not only did they not post my question - they yanked an entire thread I started on a different board asking about the welfair of the kids.

Poof - Gone.

Same folks must moderate the Jamaica board and the Treasure Beach board as sell Tranquility Bay.

What a racket.

And they want help rebuilding. . .

When Jamaica freezes over.

But then, as I told them before the thread was yanked;  wwasp can pitch in with some cash. With 90 moillion + a year coming in, they can rebuild the whole island, better than before.

"

The Treasure Beach board has a specific purpose and has in the past allowed pro and con posts regarding tranquility bay.  Several months ago the board was completely taken over by the tb controversy.  That is when the decision was made by the webmaster to review all posts prior to allowing them on the board.  I have no clue about their personal thoughts on the subject but these are people who were introduced to the Treasure Beach area while volunteering for the Peace Corps.  They still do a lot to help the people in that area of Jamaica.  They may be somewhat uninformed but I do not believe they are evil and are definitely not associated with tb.  It would be nice if wwasp would do something to help their neighbors but I think we should not discourage each other from lending a hand during this crisis.

On another note:  Jamaican radio stations announced this evening that all Tranquility Bay staff is being asked to return to work.  :scared: