Author Topic: just a thought...  (Read 2235 times)

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
just a thought...
« on: September 11, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »
does anyone ever wonder why one of the propheet agreenemts is, you can't tell ANYONE about the propheet unless they've been through it?  (does anyonw know why that is??)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
just a thought...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 11:56:00 PM »
so they don't lose their shock value (which is what makes them so intense...) if you knew what was going to happen, it wouldn't effect you in quite the same way, would it?  
they're trying to catch you off guard.  if you come prepared, it's harder for them to do that.
aura solomon

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
just a thought...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 04:49:00 AM »
I always wondered why this BS is so secretive, and why authorities allow people dealing with kids where they are in total control and nobody can talk about it force secrecy...

Its just like a criminal predaotr telling a child if they tell anyone they'll do something abd to them.

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
-- John Adams, (1772)

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
just a thought...
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »
mikehunt, i know why they don't want you to tell the other kids that haven't gone through it, but i got yelled at for telling one of my friends on my home visit.  (they read a letter she sent me after i'd been back for a few weeks - so that's how they knew)  and when they asked my why i did that, i said, well she wanted to know, and you teach us to "be honest ALL the time" and so that's what i was doing... being honest, and i got yelled at for it.   :sad:
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
just a thought...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »
this was true even in the 70's when mel and allgood were there. it is so that they can control you becuase if you knew about it before they would not be able to brainwash you, that is right profits as in profeets were brainwashing to keep you under the control of a cult so they could keep the money flowing in so they could shovel it into there asshole hands and so they could build there houses and use you until they could not extort any more money out of you.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
just a thought...
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »
Yes Pixe, they expect you to be honest at all times, but just as with the program my son endured- he was also expected to be 'in agreement' at all times.
What did that mean?
'Keep the program secrets' by following their rules- one of which was, do not talk about the program outside the program.
Not that any kid there had made any such 'agreement'- you know like two people agree to something. Do they really think that teens are ignorant enough to be tricked into believing that they 'agreed' to the program rules because the program called them 'agreements' instead of rules???
No the word agreement was deceptive and the rules were designed to keep the abuse there- just like in abusive, dysfuntional families where kids are being physically or sexually abused by a parent and threatened with further abuse if the kid tells anyone.

Talk about some sick puppies. This industry is teaming with some of the sickest human beings I've ever encountered.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
just a thought...
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »
Deborah,how were you able to see these programs for what they are?  many parents don't. To be fair, most kids don't even try to explain it because much of it is so subversive...  I think my Dad instinctively knew something wasn't kosher but my Mom was desperate and wanted to believe.  Still, parents are sold this false bill of goods and told their kid is manipulating them--how did you come to believe your kid and get active against these unethical/abusive programs?
hanlea

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
just a thought...
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »
I didn't send my son, nor was I consulted on the decision. He was flown to Ga on Saturday and enrolled on Monday. My attempts to have him returned to Tx were unsuccessful because the program shrink convinced the judge that my son 'was on a slippery slope' and needed their 'treatment'. It didn't help that the hearing was in a small town, my ex's attorney is the JP, and my ex and the program staff perjured themselves.

I lost. But tried again with an attorney who officed in that podunk town. Thought I'd have a better chance. Fat chance. He took my money and did absolutely nothing. At the mediation- that was finally ordered, after my son had finished his stint at their unlicensed wilderness program- my attorney was hanging out with the other boys googling over my ex's attorney's new truck when I pulled into the parking lot. I wanted my son out of the wilderness program immediately, they drug things on so long that he remained the full time. NO ONE was concerned that he was in an unlicensed program with ex military staff, who had no credentials or experience with youth OR that 30 some teens at died in similar programs- most unlicensed- not that really matters when it comes down to it.

It was the nightmare from hell and the whole legal fiasco was no more than a charade. I would not be surprised if my ex didn't pay my attorney to sit on his ass and do nothing.

Unfortunately, I lost my home, my savings and incured a debt to the attorney that I eventually, and begrudgingly paid off.

In addition, my other son was sent to a military academy and returned six months later with PTSD. Our lawsuit settled last year.

Also, a young man in my neighborhood was killed at Skyline Journey wilderness. An acquaintences grandson was molested at a baptist boarding facility for 'at-risk' youth. My best friend was sent to a roloff home as a teen. And low and behold, when I started investigating the industry and talking about it, my mom told me that she and her twin were sent to a reform home back in the 40s. Her twin was the 'bad' one, but the program said they should send both, since they were twins. Sound familiar. Good lord, when the door to the industry opened for me, it was a flood. I've been tracking it for a few years now, learning all I could, and warning parents at every opportunity.

It's late, but I'll send you some links to my stories at Fornits tomorrow.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700