Author Topic: CASA CLOSING  (Read 14922 times)

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »
I hope that Anita took photos of the wounds inflicted upon her child.  He needs to disclose what really goes on in there.  The WWASP rebuttal indicates that NONE of the children were abused in any way.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  The truth must be told. Many people are not aware of the torture inflicted upon children in the name of therapy.  We need people with personal experience to come forward....Keep writing letters to the editors.....

I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't
agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it
would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
--GW Büsh, CNN.com, December 18, 2000

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
Night Owl,
Great idea, but my son lives w/his dad, so no photos.  His dad is doing nothing, nothing at all.  Sad but true.  I'm doing all I can to get my son to come back and live with me, but right now he's trying to finish his Sr. year in high school, after getting no credits for the 'school work' he did at Casa.  What a waste that place is.  It's scary w/all the money that WWASP dumps into the rightwing nuts/Republicans.

Offline turbinekat

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »
EASY...anitasue...I resemble that remark & am on YOUR side pertaining to this issue at hand.  HeHeHe!

I personally would like to think that the Republicans don't currently know or care about this whole issue of "behavioral mods" that has been created by society?s own doing.  It ain?t so though?they do know and as to whether they care is yet to be seen.  No one with any pull to date has had enough courage to stand up on the rooftops & scream ?STOP THIS SHIT!?

Just from my experience with my current local & state administration...the attitude is that it is a "buyer beware" issue.  You, your ex-husband, me, & many others before us...have chosen to place our children in these places.  I have been informed personally...Which means to me & me alone that legislation needs to be established & then enforced; contrary to what others believe on this board to discourage families from sending loved ones off for others to "raise" or be "fixed".

Regardless of what anyone says in my opinion?NO ONE will ever be ?fixed? by any of these so called child ?warehouses?.  Just my opinion, I was duped into thinking differently at one time & have regretted every minute since that day.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »
Lee, the finance chairman for both Büsh presidential campaigns and current ambassador to Italy certainly knows and wholeheartedly approves of this particular sort of child abuse. You'd have to work pretty hard to not know that.

Busy, curious, thirsty fly, Drink with me, and drink as I.
-- William Oldys (1696-1761): On a Fly drinking out of a Cup of Ale.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »
You really should get a new Order to Show Cause going and try to regain some custody of you son to protect him from further institutionalized abuse. This is just a convienent way to have someone else deal with the problems of adolescence - that ALL KIDS go through.  Take care...

I have always thought that all men should be free; but if any should be slaves, it should be first those who desire it for themselves, and secondly those who desire it for others.  Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.

--Abraham Lincoln

Offline turbinekat

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »
Ginger,

I agree that many know or have some idea, I'm trying to convince these idiots that it shouldn't be happening.  Same as attempting to convince a lawyer to take a case, they too are ignorant as to the extent of abuse in these "insitutions".

This is the hump in the road...so to speak!  Eventually, someone has to listen, or at least here me out!  Most politicians that I have personally spoken with come off with the "buyer beware" slogan.  Hell, even the lady with coffee in her lap got more than that from her issues?

Just my POV.

Regards,

Lee

Offline Brown

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »
Hi, I myself disagree with alot of what all of you have been posting for a while.  Anita, you want to know why your ex-husband is not taking pictures of the bruises?  Well I can tell you.  It is because they aren't there.  There isn't a parent in the world that would spend the money to send their kid to these schools, and then when their kid came home with bruises do absolutly nothing.  

I personnaly applaud your husband.  My point of saying that was not to piss you off.  But it takes a lot of perserverance to stand up and admit that he(and you) couldn't handle your son and then take another step and send him away.  Especially when I bet you have been very uncooperative throughout the process.  Why have you not wanted your son to kick his drug habbit?  There are all of these parents on these forums that post all of this stuff about the program, about the abuse and all the other stuff.  While there kids are doing drugs, and dangling by very little.  Do you not understand that if something didn't change in your sons life you would probably be burying him, and then you would probably be on these sites bitching that the program couldn't save your son.  

Lee, well I completely disagree with you.  I don't think that the politicians should listen to you.  Why?  Because there is nothing going on at these facilities.  I was at Spring Creek for 13 months and in that time I never heard a single case of abuse.  I never heard the "screams" that so many that have never been there insist there is.  When I graduated I got to meet many others from all the other facilities, well.  No abuse there either.  Why is it the only one's that cry abuse are the ones that pull there kids and then when there kids come home the kid convinces his or her parents all there horrible lies about the Program.  When in reality they just don't want to admit that they had a problem.  If they talk about how bad the program is, it takes the focus off of them and it keeps you busy doing this instead of being a parent.  Guess what?  I bet your son or daughter still is doing the same drugs, sleeping with the same people as before.  You did waste your time and money, you didn't give it enough time.  And worst of all your kid convinced you of complete bull shit and they know it.  Imagine what else they lie to you about.

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »
dear Brown,
You are so wrong about my son's case, you have no idea!  You are presumptuous at best, and based on nothing factual.  Here are some facts in this case:
My son's dad is an alcoholic, has anger issues (has beaten up two wives, me being one of them), is living with an alcoholic wife currently, smokes pot, throws big parties, and ignores the kids.  
"Dad" put my son into Casa because Dad's wife has problems with my son, in addition to problems with her own 3 kids.  Dad's wife owns the house they live in, in fact, she even owns the car Dad drives....get the picture yet?
At no time was my son arrested or diagnosed with a drug problem (he was never even given a drug test!) Meanwhile, Dad and wife get drunk and abusive frequently.  They never even took him to counseling, much less they would never go to such a thing.
"Dad" took no photos on the bruises and bumps because Dad is quite embarrassed and angry that 1. he sent our son to a place like that without researching it... "gee, I didn't know..."
2.  Dad now looks like a fool for choosing this place, and Dad hates looking stupid, his pride is so huge it won't allow such things.
3.  Now Dad has to actually do some parenting, something he refuses to take responsiblity for.  It will get in the way of his partying.

You know nothing about other people's circumstances and you have no right blasting others' decisions when you know nothing about what prompted them.

I love my son, despite your take on this.  I objected when he wanted to live with his dad, because I knew what he'd be getting into.  However, what typical 16 yr old wouldn't prefer to live with a parent with no rules as opposed to a parent with rules, and standards?  The sad part is that certain states' courts let children essentially pick which parent they want to live with.  Too bad the state doesn't pick up when the parent drops the ball.....
Thanks for listening.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2004, 08:08:00 AM »
You know these program parents.  A kid wears a black t-shirt and suddenly they think he's a closet junkie.

Timoclea

Offline Brown

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »
Your right I do have no right to "blast" other people.  But at least listen to this.  The thing that I have always said about the programs is this.  No kid is going to stay in an abusive situation.  If there was all this abuse going on at Casa, how is it all of the 18 year olds there chose to stay.  They would leave wouldn't they.  And if your son was being abused by his dad, he would (under no circumstance) choose to live in the abusive enviroment, instead of with you.  

I am incredibly sorry that you were beaten by him.  And I do honestly believe that you were.  I do believe that because of that you have a lot of emotion around your ex-husband.  That turned into anger, and now because of that you might be "exaggereting" what your ex is really doing.  If I am wrong, I am wrong.  But if your son choose to live with him, don't take that out on him, by tearing apart the family even more.  

If you ever do have absolute proof that your son is being abused, jump on it.  But make sure you have absolute proof.  And get your ex locked up, because no kid should ever be abused, EVER.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »
If you're a happy camper, How is it that you came to do research on Stockholm Syndrome. Why did you and the other graduates even think to discuss whether or not abuse occured in your respective facilities?

I could be wrong, but the more I read your posts, the less you sound like a teen graduate and more like a spammer.  ::spam::
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »
This seems to be getting personal, too personal.  
It is apparent that you and I have differing views and will never agree on these subjects.

Offline Brown

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »
You can think whatever the hell you want.  I am not a "spammer", but I am not going to waste my time convincing you other wise.  

You first asked why have I done research on Stockholms syndrome.  I am in college, and I am psych major.  That is why.  That is also how I know all about the Bobo experiment.  

You also asked why we would talk to other kids from other facilities about abuse.  While in the program we here all sorts of rumors from other facilities.  So when we got to get together with these other facilities we would ask.  You know what we found.  The same rumors that we had heard that were happening at other facilities those other facilities heard they were happening at even another facility.

Offline Honda Rider

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »
Brown, two-thumbs up for presenting a cogent, fact-based position.  Too bad it?s falling on deaf ears within this swamp fever thread.  I personally witnessed the care and compassion afforded the kids that were transported to San Diego over that fateful weekend.  WWASP did everything imaginable to protect the kids and make them as comfortable as possible.  Imagine you?re a school administrator faced with the situation of contacting the parents of 530+ kids or the kids will be placed in foster homes.  And this occurs in Mexico.  As ?concerned? parents you folks should be applauding the logistical hoops that WWASP had to jump though.

I don?t like to dwell on blame or fault but since most of you like to point fingers I?ll add one more thought.  The Mexican Government placed these kids in an extremely dangerous situation.  If there were allegations that required investigation, then an investigation should have taken place.  In fact, Mexican Government officials visited the facility within the month prior to the closing.  No concerns were discussed with school officials.  I believe this was a knee-jerk reaction by the Mexican Government that reeks of political motivation.  WWASP and Casa, unfortunately, were place in the middle.

I?m not trying to pick a fight with the parent of the bump-on-the-head kid but it?s a great example of assigning blame to an event.  If the bump was undeserved then the Mexican Police is at fault.  If it was deserved then the kid is at fault.  It?s that simple.  Casa and WWASP had nothing to do with it.

BTW?I?m not directly associated with WWASP or Premier but I do have a child in a facility.  I?m also a firm believer that these specialty boarding schools are a tremendous help to the parents of some troubled teens.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »
Just to let you know I have researched extensivly on these types of schools ( I am a psych graduate)It has been found that these schools dont work!
If Brown is a psych major, ask her, she would know.

I would appreciate if you read my links:

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#63698

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#63699