Author Topic: For Blown away , a suggestion  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
For Blown away , a suggestion
« on: September 09, 2004, 03:35:00 AM »
Post Traumatic Stress disorder is very common amongst survivors.  Commonly people who resort to drugs in the first place are suffering sometimes from mental illness, such as depression.  The drug warriors such as O5, of course, have no concept of how or why this might be happening.  When correlations are seen between drug use and mental illness, too often the dryug warrior will say, "see marijuana use causes schizophrenia"  the "reefer madness" syndrome .  Well, correlation, of course does not equal causality.  I know a couple of schizophrenic's  for example for whom mj definitely has a calming influence, and recent researches in Germany have suggested that what schizophrenic joint smokers are doing is self medicating for the relief that THC brings for the storms going on in their brains.  
This is perhaps a long way of going about it, but you might want to look into a properly informed use of MDMA (Ecstacy) for the treatment of your  PTSD.  for more information the Multidisciplinary association for Psychedelic studies (I think that's what MAPS stands for) has some very interesting stuff.  you can find articles at:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/md ... rch4.shtml
That'll give O5 a blue fit
    :idea:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge