Author Topic: mel and betty  (Read 927 times)

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
mel and betty
« on: September 12, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »
http://www.dpna.org/events/global/global5.htm
These scumbags are at it again
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
mel and betty
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
great name tho, you gotta give creditwhere credit is due...."drug demand reduction".

I mean, if they could reduce the demand without resorting to institutionalizing the users  in prisons the  and brainwashing them in "treatment", they would be accomplishing something.

How to reduce demand? Hmm...how about legalization and allocating said resources to education and prevention, and clean supplies for addicts along with mandatory education for addicts and non coersive treatment. The very things these people are fighting are the only solutions to "demand".

Time for a real start..not forced treatment and by force of law,hidden behind great slogans such as "demand reduction".

Shit, in the history of the drug war, demand has never been reduced and certainly never will be with these coersive and elistist tactics.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
mel and betty
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »
1.     Increase the world?s awareness of the scope and destructive power to civilized societies from the production, distribution and consumption of illegal drugs, and to increase the world?s awareness of its capacity to overcome this evil.

As opposed to, say.....LEGAL drugs?  You could easily transpose that word in this sentence and it would be fitting.

Not to mention the rampant abuse of LEGAL alcohol and firearms.  But hey, its LEGAL...right?  How many hundreds of times have I had the whole debate over the actual effects of marijuana as opposed to the effects of alcohol and the incidence of death or injury related to it......and the final cop-out answer is always...."but pot is ILLEGAL."  Like, no matter how many more thousands of people kill each other in drunk driving incidents than from getting stoned on the couch....as long as the government has put its LEGAL stamp of approval on it....well, then thats just awright!

I actually had a guy scream in my face about smoking pot, and how it was so wrong, and how HE didnt need to get high to have fun, blah blah straight from a DFAF pamphlet......all while he was piss roaring drunk.  I asked him if that was so, was it because he needed alcohol instead?  Obviously.  He walked away without another word.

Babylon in all its desolation is a sight not so awful as that of the human mind in ruins.
-- Scrope Davies: Letter to Thomas Raikes, May 25, 1835.

...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
mel and betty
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »
Thanks for posting Sammie. That event was LAST September of last year though. That evvent was just another silly smoke n mirrors stunt of Mel's ATTEMPT to divert public attention of himself and Betty's involvement in Straight :wink: . Didn't work then, won't work now....