Author Topic: Singing in the Orange Bowl  (Read 3536 times)

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
Singing in the Orange Bowl
« on: August 15, 2002, 06:58:00 PM »
Wow.
For some strange reason I just remembered us all being bussed down to Ft Lauderdale to sing in the Orange Bowl. I remember I stayed with a family just outside of Lauderdale.

But much of my memory is gone.For some reason we were there, I think, to sing "American the beautiful" and the "Seed indeed"...is that what we did?

Is there anybody out there that took part in this "Orange Bowl" experience with me? Do you have any details?

I have blanked much of this time in my life, but this board had helped some of it to surface. Thanks to everybody! :smile:
debi
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 10:55:00 PM »
ACCKKK!!. I wasn't there, but remember all the hoopla surrounding it and watching it on tv.everyone ran out onto the field in their seed tee shirts and sang two songs including the seed f'n indeed. I think a segment of the crowd booed real hard.
Thanks, Debbi. I had selective memory loss and you brought back that nightmare!!!!!
lol
(just kidding-all memories are good to have)

Offline DKM84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2002, 02:45:00 PM »
I was there, I remember us run out and almost tripping, and how big it was, I never seen that many people in one place at one time, i remember people jeering, and I think it was cold, I don't remember when it was.
but I was there too, I think you had to be an oldcomer at least to go?
that was cool remembering that, thanks

Offline ScrewUp 74

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2002, 01:26:00 AM »
I remember rehersals  behind the seed on SR84 and I remember being at the Orange bowl. we all sat in the seats in the end zone. This is my recollection did we really get seats? I think we left after we were done with our singing. I can recall lining up behind the bleachers before half time.

I have thought about this recently. Who was the Celebrity that announced us before we sang?  Jack Anderson comes to mind.

I thought I still had my Seed tee shirt but I can't find it.

Offline Bigfrank

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2002, 01:04:00 PM »
I wasn't there, but I also remember thinking how stupid I would have felt if I would have gone.... I can still sing the seed song word for word, how's that for embarrassing?????? I guess I sang it so much that it will be stuck in my memory forever...

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2002, 10:01:00 AM »
You may recall that as part of the indoctrination we were repeatedly told, and had to repeat, that if we ever "left" the seed we wouldn't be able to get the songs out of our heads.
Tis true...I remember them to this day.

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2002, 01:04:00 PM »
Thanks to all of you that remembered us doing that! :smile:
Now I do recall that it was quite cold!

Luckily, my "Swiss cheese" brain does not hold all of the words to the songs!!
I can just recall sitting there singing  "High Hopes"....perhaps because I related to the song...Hoping to be free!
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline CHAR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 12:49:00 AM »
O my god, flashback, thank you. Now I know it must have been 72-74-75 I was in Lauderdale, I was part of that crap. I wore a seed t-shirt over another shirt. I can remember thinking how cool I must have been to be at this big football game and I think we sang The Seed Indeed Is All You Need blah, blah, blah to that stupid Greensleeves song. Was that the song they made us sing? Being pushed into line and them telling us to stand up straight, be proud. God, talk about Spin City. I had no idea at the time there was another seed in another part of Florida and you guys got bussed in. Question? I looked at the picture of the Motley Crew and was Shelly thinner back then and had longer hair and was she in Lauderdale? I really would like to know if Libby or Shelly was the daughter of Kennedy of Coral Ridge or if it was just another senior staff my mom took me to. I find it humorous that Art looks like Ozzy on the Osbournes. "Shelly, where are my glasses" " I'm not burnt out on all the drugs I did, just on what a Hitler I have been"

Offline Nancy Hendrickson

• View Profile
Re: Singing in the Orange Bowl
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »
YES, we did sing there.  Hell, it was something different to do and somewhere different to go.  I'm not sure, but I don't think I realized what freaks we looked like.

Offline grad1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 04:22:07 PM »
I think everyone there was okay with us singing. However, if memory serves me correctly, we were last and the halftime show ran over and the teams were at the edge of the field ready to come out and play. That was when the crowd started booing. Does anyone remember the date? I think I was newly off my program which would put it around January of 1975? I may be totally wrong on this date.

I was living in Fort Lauderdale at the time with my father and working at Mother Butler's Pie Shop. Shortly after that I started living and working at Tropic Terrace Apartments. There was a pool and a ton of Seed guys living there. Nick G., former staff was the assistant manager. What a great time :flip: . Around that time a bunch of us started going to BCC. Nick H., Joe K., Frank H.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 10:08:10 AM »
how sad that any of you zombies would consider anything about the see a "great time."

you  get duped. stung. and mocked at the orange bowl by and entire crowd.

and it was a great time!!!

what fucking losers.

Offline grad1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 11:24:45 PM »
I was wondering when someone would say something like that. I was thinking you all changed your mind about the Seed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 08:38:04 AM »
the seed was a corporation. a corporation - even those that are privately held have one duty - to bring profits to the shareholders.

the seed used you kids as toilet paper to wipe their asses.

they stuck their filthy shirts on you - and you went out on a football field, and nobody wanted you there - to pitch a corporate ideal, and for free.

i wish i could advertise my product for free at landshark stadium and use violate child labor laws in the process. (yes, if you were a minor, and you were NOT paid, it was a violation of the labor laws).

and you thought it was great.

fuck - i wish nothing more than terrible, and tragic deaths for all of you un-enlightened fools.