Author Topic: To Ottawas  (Read 6361 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
To Ottawas
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »
On 2004-08-31 17:10:00, Ottawa2 wrote:

Pixi, dont parents make their kids do chores? Are they being abusive for doing so?

Mind if I offer an opinion here?

To say the drug war is a failure is like saying the Hindenburg was short a few fire extinguishers.
http://mapinc.org/drugnews/v01/n808/a10.html' target='_new'>Carl Hiassen

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »
Bump!

(I think I'm gonna go find a nice, apropos icon for "Bump")

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.
-- Plutarch

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »
Ok, whenever you can get back to me on specific elements that are helpful in your opinion, great. You know where I stand.

The only thing I could care less about was the manual labor. I liked all the physical work and it was good for me for a few reasons.  Frankly, I have to say it was probably the first time some kids learned to sort whites from darks.

Also, I didn't  mind the food! I liked the food.

Everything else, in my humble opinion, was questionable, unethical, bad therapy, or worse.
hanlea

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2004, 12:23:00 AM »
Does Bump mean we are finally done with this dumbfuck duo? Can you shut their barks, webmaster? It's insufferable. O5 can continue to learn from us, dumping our guts out and comparing notes for her emotional growth scenarios that she's planning for her new institute, but she should recognize PUBLICLY that her daughter is antagonistic towards all of us.  
This little upstart has gotta go. She is purposefully picking fights. Up yours, you little cunt. I'm done being attacked by someone with NO life experience, no care to spell check her postings or enter into useful dialogue...what a total lack of disrespect...no apologies at this time for mudslinging and namecalling.
-blownaway
Oh. and PONY UP THE BOY!
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2004, 01:31:00 AM »
On 2004-08-31 21:23:00, blownawaytheidahoway wrote:

"Does Bump mean we are finally done with this dumbfuck duo?

No, Bump means I posted for the sole purpose of bumping this thread up to the top so it wouldn't get lost in trolling in a couple of other threads. Here's what I was bumping.

On 2004-08-31 17:39:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2004-08-31 17:10:00, Ottawa2 wrote:

Pixi, dont parents make their kids do chores? Are they being abusive for doing so?

Mind if I offer an opinion here?

To say the drug war is a failure is like saying the Hindenburg was short a few fire extinguishers.
http://mapinc.org/drugnews/v01/n808/a10.html' target='_new'>Carl Hiassen

"

I even went out and found a nice shiny new icon for the purpose.  ::bump::

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs.  
-- E. Grebenik

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »
SOS, sorry about the "brain fart"  you are right, they are brain dead, and trust me... it won't happen again :grin:
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »
dude, (O2), they are not chores.  they are a punishment!  i mean honestly, would you mom make you do all that if you spoke to someone that you weren't allowed to?  you are brain dead...[ This Message was edited by: **PIXIE DUST** on 2004-09-02 20:09 ]
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »
Pix, I remember you couldn't GLANCE at someone on a ban or you'd be in trouble. I got more dishes for looking at someone on a ban when I was there.

But frankly, I didn't mind the work we did with peers (fire clearing, logging, weeding, climbing trees to saw off branches, making paths etc.).  The long drawn out work details (punishment)were hard because you were totally isolated for indefinite periods of time. All day long you couldn't talk to a soul except the occasional cult talk by some staff.  But it didn't cause the major anxiety or mental torture of raps.

When I split I got table time. I was on bans from lower students, and alternated between working all day (digging trenches for a pipe system) or table time with writing assignments.  Other kids got full times-- do you remember the difference because I forgot.
hanlea

Offline Oppositional Defiance

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2004, 03:47:00 AM »
The raps were the worst. The raps were the worst.
ppositional Defiance,
AKA
Black Francis the 2nd
Email- [email protected]
Phone- 727-743-1914

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »
There were no "tables" when I was at RMA. But there were plenty of full-times. I think I did no real full times even though I did several tables. These tables that were essentiall full times though they never lasted for more than two or three days. Like you said the writing assignments and the forced labor without somone to talk to or music to listen to were brutal, but nothing like raps when you're fucking up. I have been looking at some entries in a journal from RMA and I was often terrified of getting blown away in a rap for no reason. It made me paranoid. Oh...I don't take criticism well now. I would say that I always think mean thing are being said, even when they aren't. I will be delving into the "rap world" this week.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »
Yeah the raps were nothing short of emotional rape. They should call them rapes. Man, I didn't even have to be on the receiving end to DREAD those. I hated watching others go through it and I hated how the source kids had carte blanche to brutalize people unnecessarily. Just for kicks. That is how you "proved" your empowerment.

You know who I also felt sorry for? (You'll think I'm nuts.) The new staff members who thought they were working there to help people and really tried in earnest... but who were really there to "find themselves" and had their own issues and no backbone and demeaned themselves daily telling us their dirt, secrets, pain, degradation, and cop outs. When I was there, all new staff had to do this... THere were ZERO boundaries.
hanlea

• View Profile
To Ottawas
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »
I agree wholly with the statement about newer counselors. Yes I do think that you're crazy for it.  :lol:
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange