Author Topic: TEEN CHALLENGE  (Read 2031 times)

Offline betty277

• View Profile
TEEN CHALLENGE
« on: August 28, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »
does anyone know anything at all about teen challenge did anyone go there?is it a bad place?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TEEN CHALLENGE
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »
i have never been thru it, but i have seen women and men (adults) who have been changed, it is not available in Texas for teenagers, because of the laws .... in that it would need licensing, but , they have a good program that i have heard about,

it is for adults who take theirown selves there, or that it is a last resort before going to jail...

for those who are addicts, and those who need help overcoming and they really do a good work from all i have heard in testimony,

the good thing, is that it is for adults, at least in Texas....

i believe that the adults who gothere get real help, a lot of the adults who go there, are in thier 30's or 40's or more, and are serious about getting clean and staying that way...tho i do not know where else in the States it is located, it might have places for teenagers...i just donot know that info...might keep asking and seeking

hope that helps some...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TEEN CHALLENGE
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »
well here in florida they are for teens hence the name "teen" challenge.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TEEN CHALLENGE
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 03:33:00 AM »
In California, it is for adults. It is a religious program - fundamentalist - I mean, REALLY fundamentalist! The way I see it, nobody ever killed anyone driving while religious, but I sure wouldn't want anyone I love going through a program like that. They are intolerant of gays, not very friendly toward women, and very anti-choice. You end up with a person with a religious addiction - but, as I said - that's better for everyone's health than substances! It's just that if your loved one goes through it, they might come out telling you that you are going to hell if you don't whatever... They're pretty right-wing, fundamentalist nutty.

On 2004-08-28 16:38:00, betty277 wrote:

"does anyone know anything at all about teen challenge did anyone go there?is it a bad place?"