Author Topic: Day 12 - Moral Inventory - 8/09/75  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Filobeddoe

• View Profile
Day 12 - Moral Inventory - 8/09/75
« on: August 27, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »

I got over to Russell's house at about 6:30 this morning & we talked for about a half hour. Then we slept until about 9:00. Then Russell's mom made us some breakfast. She is really nice. Then I was rapping with Russ's sister Julie. She's an old-timer. She's really smart. Then when we left Mrs C hugged me & said she loved me & I said I loved her. She also said I did good at the Open Meeting last nite.

The Morning Rap was on the 3 Signs. I got up & related 4 times. Then during the Guys Rap we were talking about compeing with other people in the group.

Then the Night Rap was on trust. I had something to say but I didn't relate because there was a bunch of old-timers there. BS I'm going to relate tomorrow during the night rap!

I LOVE YOU

Goals: I'm gonna relate evey time I have something worth saying & also I'm gonna relate during the nite rap.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »
I went to another program but these MIs on your meetings are an eerie reminder of all raps we had and to the extent we had to submerge ourselves into program thinking and values like automatons.

When I read Seed/Straight threads, they seem like the worst.  

It sounds like the parents went to the Open Meetings. How could they support the program after seeing it for what it was? Were the Open Meetings different from the other ones you endured (more watered down)?  

Also: Are the SEED/Straight still operating? Are kids still in lock down foster homes and deprived of the privacy necessary for personal dignity? ARe they still on mono diets as punishment?

Offline Filobeddoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 01:13:00 PM »
It sounds like the parents went to the Open Meetings. How could they support the program after seeing it for what it was?

The Open Meetings were on Friday Nights & mainly for the benefit of the parents I think.

Parents sat on one side facing the group. Newcomers were on the front row(s) & introduced themselves & said how they were doing & how much better they are now.

The atmosphere was to be very joyous with alot of singing (songs like "Jippety Do Dah, Mr Bluebird on my shoulder", "Raindrops Keep fallin' on my head", "America", "Seed song", etc). All the kids were very happy & cheerful.

After the meeting the newcomers (if you were doing good) you were allowed to speak with their parents for a few minutes.

The idea was for the parents to leave with a positive impression, invigorated by all the "good vibes" in the meeting. The parents were also encouraged & expected to speak with parents of druggie friends & convince them to enroll their problem young 'uns.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »
On 2004-08-28 09:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

Were the Open Meetings different from the other ones you endured (more watered down)?

Yes! Open meetings were a dog and pony show. No cussing, no confrontation; just scripted confessions and testimonials about how the Program was saving our lives and how grateful we were to have parents who loved us enough to send us there. It was sickening!

Also: Are the SEED/Straight still operating? Are kids still in lock down foster homes and deprived of the privacy necessary for personal dignity? ARe they still on mono diets as punishment?

Yes again. The Seed is no longer officially open for business, but Art still has his small following. Straight, Inc. was The Seed under new management. Whenever a Straight location would get shut down, they'd nearly always replay the same script and just open a new program under a new name. Some of the ones we know about are SAFE, Orland, Pathway Family Center in Detroid and SLC, Kids Helping Kids of Cincinatti and Growing Together in Lake Worth.

I would say it's very like the way CEDU sold out to Brown Schools (up to and including Loretta Parish having allegedly cleaned out the bank account before resigning from SAFE)

If quitting drugs means joining the war on terrorism, does this portend the fire bombing of Amsterdamn ?

--Felton Manifestation

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »
On 2004-08-28 10:13:00, Filobeddoe wrote:

"

It sounds like the parents went to the Open Meetings. How could they support the program after seeing it for what it was?

The Open Meetings were on Friday Nights & mainly for the benefit of the parents I think.

Parents sat on one side facing the group. Newcomers were on the front row(s) & introduced themselves & said how they were doing & how much better they are now.

The atmosphere was to be very joyous with alot of singing (songs like "Jippety Do Dah, Mr Bluebird on my shoulder", "Raindrops Keep fallin' on my head", "America", "Seed song", etc). All the kids were very happy & cheerful.

After the meeting the newcomers (if you were doing good) you were allowed to speak with their parents for a few minutes.

The idea was for the parents to leave with a positive impression, invigorated by all the "good vibes" in the meeting. The parents were also encouraged & expected to speak with parents of druggie friends & convince them to enroll their problem young 'uns.

"

Oh filobee how you miss some points here.  First lets start by saying that in the Seed, at least when I was there, open meetings were Monday and Friday. The Friday only thing came later.

The functions of open meeting.

1) Public confessional and humiliation.  This had nothing to do with appeasing the parents and everything to do with breaking your will and humiliating you, making you confess publicly to your "sins" and offering you a path to "salvation" and to avoiding future humiliations.

2) fundraising.  Art Barker made the bulk of his money, all unaccounted for on any financial statement that I have seen, by passing buckets revival style that got crammed full of cash.

3) Reward of affection of family for compliance and punishment of public humiliation by family for non compliance.  Do you not remember the passing of the mike thru the parents section, and the pavlovian way the family encouraged you for complying and the way they chewed you out for non-compliance? Do you remember the public embarrasment of being a newcomer and how you so much wanted to get to status where you were not humiliated in a puplic forum by your own family? Are you not aware that before the meeting, the Junior staff would coach your parents what to say, that this was all part of your Conditioning for mind control (or as some would say..your rehabilitation)? Do you further not recall your entire time as a seedling being afraid they may start you over and force you back into this humilating public spectacle? Remember never really feeling safe from this and always, at any moment, feeling that your world could crumble and force you back on that very humiliating, self debasing front row? Now, think about what really instituted your "miraculous change" in personality and outward appearance.

4) recruiting. Parents were actively encouraged to bring the parents of potential enrollies. Their "druggie" kids were not allowed to attend. Pressure was put on them and the magical microphone confessionals were offered up as proof of the danger of their kid's druggie attitudes.
(my name is Kim, I did pot, qualudes and anything in the medicine cabinet and would be dead today if I wasn't here... is very convincing to a parent that is not aware the confession is coerced, necessary for survival in the cult society, necessary to avoid future humiliations and mostly fraudulent.)

5) Public opinion. Art would often make political pleas from the Mike when he was aware of press in the audience.

In conclusion, open meeting was a very purposefull mind control tactic that was presented as a lovey dovey feel good expression of fun and games, when actually the main purpose was to publicly humiliate by confession and family rejection the inductees and to hold the constant fear and threat of returning to this public humilation over the head of all Seedlings, and secondary to raise money, recruite and promote Art's political agenda.

It was NOT for the parent's benefit by any stretch of the imagination.[ This Message was edited by: Somejoker on 2004-08-29 13:49 ]

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »
bump..modification of prior post.

Offline Filobeddoe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

Oh filobee how you miss some points here.  
The functions of open meeting.

1) Public confessional and humiliation.  
2) fundraising.  
3) Reward of affection of family for compliance and punishment of public humiliation by family for non compliance.  
4) recruiting.
5) Public opinion.

=== All your points are valid & I agree with them (as to the purposes of Open Meetings). My reply wasn't so much to gives reasons why Open Meetings were held but to answer Anon's question: "It sounds like the parents went to the Open Meetings. How could they support the program after seeing it for what it was?"

Antigen called it a "Dog & Pony show", you called it a "lovey dovey feel good..." and I described it as " The atmosphere was to be very joyous with alot of singing (songs like "Jippety Do Dah, Mr Bluebird on my shoulder", "Raindrops Keep fallin' on my head", "America", "Seed song", etc). All the kids were very happy & cheerful..."

No doubt it had a profound impact on me & all the other newer newcomers, as well as others in the group.[ This Message was edited by: Filobeddoe on 2004-08-29 19:04 ][ This Message was edited by: Filobeddoe on 2004-08-29 19:06 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »
Where I disagreed with you was the following statements

1) All the kids were very happy & cheerful..."

I would submit to you that it should read...

All the kids were forced to display happiness and cheerfullness while underneath they were terrified and traumatized by the public humiliations.

2)"It was for the parents."

I have demonstrated why it was not.

Have a good one Filobee!  Hey, what high school did you go to in St Pete.  I went to Lakewood.