Author Topic: hot saucing  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hot saucing
« on: August 25, 2004, 12:42:00 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »
wierd

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »
""There's no room for pain and humiliation and fear in disciplining healthy children," Kendrick said. "I think it's a rather barbaric practice to say the least.""

I agree. Unfortunately people who have now forgotten what its like to be a child or who simply don't care will think otherwise.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
hot saucing
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »
Sounds very much like having your mouth washed out w/ soap. In my view, it's probably not a good idea, but it's probably also not a problem worthy of much attention.

(from article)
The state of Virginia, for instance, calls this practice bizarre and finds it an actionable offense,

What kind of action? More often than not, whatever the authorities do is far more traumatic to the kids than whatever issue they're trying to address.

I am married, not Buried !
-- Steve Webb

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »
sadly, thats probably true.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »
On 2004-08-25 14:57:00, Antigen wrote:

"Sounds very much like having your mouth washed out w/ soap. In my view, it's probably not a good idea, but it's probably also not a problem worthy of much attention.

(from article)

The state of Virginia, for instance, calls this practice bizarre and finds it an actionable offense,

What kind of action? More often than not, whatever the authorities do is far more traumatic to the kids than whatever issue they're trying to address.

I am married, not Buried !
-- Steve Webb

"

Probably true.

I think it's terrible, but if it's a drop and not a shot glass or more, and the parents are otherwise loving and wonderful, you're right---trying to "fix" it would probably be rougher on the kid than letting it alone.

But if I knew someone who was doing it I sure would try to talk them into using a less severe alternative.

Timoclea

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »
I think it comes down to if its okay in this society to use fear, pain, suffering, and intimidation to 'parent' a child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »
On 2004-08-25 16:09:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"I think it comes down to if its okay in this society to use fear, pain, suffering, and intimidation to 'parent' a child. "

It's not okay, it's just that taking a child away from her parents hurts the child.  So for the rest of society, we have to balance how much the parent is hurting the child against how much it would hurt the child to take her out of that situation--which means taking her away from mom and dad.

I would be okay with hot saucing, less than a teaspoon, being something you got a ticket and a fine for but didn't get the child removed.

I don't think the parents having to pay as much for doing this to a kid as they'd have to pay for speeding or jaywalking would do "more harm than good."

Unfortunately, the model CPS works on, you couldn't be sure the whole situation wouldn't rapidly escalate to "more harm than good."

Timoclea

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »
It beats pepperspray being shot all over your face.

Oddly, Capsicum (sp?) will have an analgesic effect over time. Wouldn't this negate the effect?

Offline TimeBomb

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »
I suddenly developed a craving for Jalepenos and Cheddar Cheese...
ick, tick.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »
Seems to me, this kind of thing is going to turn a strong willed kid into a rebellious nightmare; and a more timid kid into a mouse afraid to squeek.
For me, what is most disturbing is imagining the fight that would insu as the parent tries to force Jr's mouth open to accept the punishment.
I know neither one of my kids would have just allowed hot sauce to be put on their toung.
I'm remembering some foul tasting antibiotic I was to give my then, one year old son. No way in the world to get it down him. I called the doc and asked if I could bring him in for a shot and he got kinda snotty - why  can't you get a baby's medicine down him? I offered to bring him in and let the doctor try - by himself - no nurses holding the kid down. I don't recall what I ended up doing. . . But he got well anyway.
Point being, Hot sauce?? No way. Shoot, my daughter would have beat the stuffing outta me if I had tried that! I exaggerate; but not much.
At least they aren't doing as the Amish have been said to do - shoving a needle threw the kids tongue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hot saucing
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »
whatI wanna know is how you scare a kid into submitting to it.

But then again thats just another BDSM mindfuck. Ah, family values...