Author Topic: ever wonder how much these schools cost PER MONTH??  (Read 8673 times)

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
ever wonder how much these schools cost PER MONTH??
« on: August 24, 2004, 09:43:00 AM »
for boulder creek academy (where i went) it was $5950.00 a month.
my parents wasted over a million dollars when you include all the school trips and doctors trips.  i mean honestly, what were they thinking???  $5950.00 a month on a school????? :eek:

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.

--Julius Caesar

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline Ottawa2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
Well Pixi, I would not call it a wast if it worked out like it did for my brother. Maybe it was for you but not for everyone.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »
yes, ottawa, it was a waste for everyone.  Give your brother 10 years or so to think back on his experiences...talk to him when he is in 30's or older and I'm sure you will get a different perspective on his  time at a behavior modification program.

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 12:05:00 AM »
ok, ottawa, did you have to go through what we went through at the cedu schools???? (you said that it was your brother that went there and since when have you had the right comment on something that you have no clue about?????) and until you do spend 2 1/2 years there, then you can tell me what you think about the place and your parents sending you to a hell hole in bum fuck noth idaho, and then feel free to tell me if you still see it as not being a waste of $!!!!!!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
--Edmund Burke

Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline Ottawa2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »
Let me tell you what I do know. I know that before CEDU my brother was a druggie. I know that before CEDU my brother was failing highschool. I know that Before CEDU my brother would leave and we would not know were he was or if he was even alive.
 I know that after CEDU my brother liked spending time with the family, no longer uses drugs, and is in college to be a dentist.
Sorry it did not work for you that sucks. But guess what? It did work for a lot of people and it was worth it to them.
That is what I know.

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »
like i said let me fuckin know what you think about it when you spend 2 1/2 years there, and get yelled at for not having your shirt tucked in, or for no having your hair up, or for not making your fuckin bed right, or for not doing your dorm jobs right!!  and don't you dare fuckin say that that place worked for "a lot of ppl"  because if it did, we wouldn't have this web sight up.  got it!?!?!?

Every man has a property in his own person.
This nobody has any right to but himself.
The labor of his body and the work of his
 hands are properly his.

--John Locke

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 01:54:00 AM »
dude, you really need to get off this sight, i read the other post and you're full of shit.  so unless you can bring somthing to this web sight, don't come back.

Those who control the past, control the future; and those who control the present, control the past.

--George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »
soooo - unless you are totally p.o'd you shouldn't be on this web site -- fucking angry is the only thing tha's ok -- yea right -- thr factory is open again, so i'm back at work this week and so i'm done checn in on this bummer of a scene -- i've got other things to do that will get me something -- $$$$ & fun & good times w/my buddies -- and this damn place ain't it

like i said before -- hang around in all that bitchn and frustration about all this old cedu shit if you want, but i'm out of there and i'm putting my past behind me (pumba) and movn on to the stuff ahead

rcktman, NC

Offline Ottawa2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »
Why should I get off. ARe the people at this web site so insecuer about one or two people dissagreing with them that they feak at like you do Pixi?
I guess you just feel ok if you sit around with people that already agree with you and reconfirm each others values.
Well I have to go now Hope to here from you soon! :wave:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »
Ok, so $5950.00 per month * 12 months * number of students should give us a rough net sum of what the place takes in.

Now, how many staff and what are they paid (not very much, I'm told) So where does all the rest go? Hell, for a million dollars, a family could take a year off and go tour Europe or something. This would also take the kid out of contact w/ troubling influences, expose them to different cultures and new ideas but w/o all the mind fuck and abuse.

So, what is it, Ottowa, that you think goes on at Charles E. Dederich University that you can't do on your own?

A free people ought...to be armed...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/188301123X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> George Washington, 1790

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »
i don't know where all the rest of the money goes, but i do believe that they should be putting it in to important things such as better food, or better dorm space.  <- and they promised us that we would get it, but it never happened.  so to answer the question, i don't know where the $ goes

But this is far from demonstrating that the authorities must interpose to suppress these vices by commercial prohibitions, nor is it by any means evident that such intervention on the part of the government is really capable of suppressing them or that, even if this end could be attained, it might not therewith open up a Pandora's box of other dangers, no less mischievous than alcoholism and morphinism.
http://www.mises.org/liberal/ch1sec11.asp' target='_new'>Ludwig Von Mises

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »
Do you think the Program would 'work' if the food were good and housing comfortable?

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism--how passionately I hate them!
--Albert Einstein

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »
i would have made it a bit more bareable, but no

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »
do your math cutter!!! 5959 a month does not add up to a million

Offline GeoffSprague

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 09:06:00 AM »
I haven't looked at the old records in a while, but I vaguely recall a sum of $3000.00 a month back in 1984. Plus (and Bill can be 100% more accurate than me with the figures) every, single, thing I came in contact with was billed. My parents paid for a tent, a backpack, a bike, skis (funny, didn't get to take those things home after graduation, dontchaknow), food, clothing, "school supplies", etc etc etc. I estimate between 90 & 100 thousand dollars was paid out by my parents between 1984 & 1986. There was supposedly a sliding scale, to allow poor families a chance, (and to milk rich families?) so for the 110 kids, That adds up to -very- roughly Eleven Million dollars taken in for the 2 years I was there. That's -just- for RMA. I didn't factor in CEDU as they were supposedly more expensive

The popular rumor in RMA was that Mel Wasserman owned three palatial homes. Two in Connecticut (I live there, VERY expensive state) and one in Florida.
was walking down the street, something caught my eye...and dragged it fifteen feet.