Author Topic: PTSD....... Has many faces  (Read 2018 times)

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
PTSD....... Has many faces
« on: August 15, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »
After reading the latest post one can see the many faces of the Seed... good and bad depending what you were left with after leaving the program. Just like politics some are way to the right and some way to the left. It would be interesting to actully know if liberal vs conservative thinking plays a part in ones perception of  what the seed did for them? Any way, I dont remember playing baseball or football or a mother trucker unless  Artie fills the slot.  Just a thought, Prior to the end of the Vietnam war it was common for the court system to either give a sentence of either going to prison,  the Marine corps  and sometimes the Seed. Its good to see different ideas of thought about the Seed being posted. Has anyone ever sponsered an Oldtimers day other then the Seed.? How bout it?

TRUCKER
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »
I would love to have a meeting of ex seedlings, but I am afraid some of them would try to get violent with me.

Not that I am scared or anything....I can handle myself, and I could certainly have a two way conversation with anyone. But tell me trucker, do you really believe Art or Libby or John Kienzle or any of the other devotees would have a two way conversation?  I would like to thank so, but I have sincere doubts about their abiilty to do so. A quick scroll thru many new posters here, pro seed, will show you what I mean..it usually starts amicable followed by a quick come down session.  

Doesn't hurt my feelings and doesn't make me think less of the person, it just makes me wonder what is still ticking inside of them after all those years...

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-08-15 19:02 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »
And yes, Trucker, I am socially very liberal and somewhat of a fiscal conservative, if that means anything.

Offline Filobeddoe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »
I've never been to an old-timers gathering sponsored by the Seed or otherwise... would be an interesting experience.

And to GregFL - - I don't think you would have anybody being hostile or violent to you  :grin: .

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »
I really dont care what others think about me. I have become my own man. I try to treat others as If they are good friends. I still remember good points and bad points... when the bad out ways the good it is time to distance myself...  Do you really think that the ones (Greg) you mention would even try to come to a  non sponsered (Seed) get together? Do you really think they are ready for a confrontation. I for one would be glad to have the inner cicle come and and answers questions... but with todays lawsuites and people who hold  everyone and anything accountable... I doubt it ..would you? Besides I think that just a day of fresh air and food for those of us who could meet someplace that can be enjoyed by the family would be a good start. Lets face it, we all belong to something that we all can relate to one way or another. Even in war there is,was, good times and bad. (M.A.S.H.) I, like your self missed  a lot of my youth due to either missing school,(Seed), or just being to stoned to  care  My life started to come back together after the Seed. I think that if there was interest in a get together that given time the word would spread to those that were interested. I would think a central meeting place within the state, like a park,a spring  or even a beach  at the end of next summer would give enough time to get the word out and locate such a area. What do I have to gain? Some old lost friends?

Who would have thought!  
                              TRUCKER

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »
I would be there for sure Trucker. If you wanna take point and organize it, I will be behind you