Author Topic: Aspen Education Group: Any former students?  (Read 30859 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
For any parent thinking about enrolling their child in The Aspen Achievement program, please reconsider.  As a former student of the program myself, I did not see any of the literature provided to my parents until after my return from the program.  After the initial review of videotape, and several pamphlets provided by the program I was shocked.  The program did not accurately portray itself.  According to advertisements for the Aspen Achievement Academy, the program resembled a rugged and therapeutic summer camp experience.  In reality this could not have been farther than the truth.  
It has been nearly twelve years since I spent those two months in the Utah wilderness, and my experience still haunts me to this day.  The extensive neglect and abuse that my fellow students and I experienced was unacceptable.  My parents were shocked when I came home and they saw the evidence in my backpack, and heard my stories.  
I?ll never forget the morning of May 11th, 1994.  It?s a date that will haunt me for the rest of my life.  Two strangers awaked me at 5 am.  They ordered me to get up and get dressed because I was going to Utah.  I told them I couldn?t go to Utah; I had to go to school that day!  It turned out I had no choice.  After a lengthy struggle I found myself forced onto a second rate airplane (who?s ever heard of ?Morrissey? airlines anyway) bound for Salt Lake City.  It remains one of the most emotionally devastating and difficult things I have ever been through.
I remember before the program even started, they took us to a consular, or maybe he was a physiatrist in Provo Utah to be evaluated.  One of the worst moments in my life was when he looked me in the eye and told me that he did not believe that I was a good candidate for the program.  He said he I seemed like a relatively normal and stable teenager, but that he was going to recommend that I attend despite this.  He said that he thought the program would be good for anyone, even himself.  He also told me that my parents had agreed to pay $23,000 for my time in the desert.  I don?t know where that money went, because it certainly did not go to proper care and feeding of my fellow students and I.
We were starving in Utah; I lost over 20 pounds.  We simply were not provided wit adequate amounts of food.  Often times we were given no food at all, or forced to hike, exhausted for many miles before any food was provided.  On a good day, in the mornings we were able to eat half a cup of cold instant oatmeal, and then at night if we were lucky we could eat the same amount of cooked potatoes and rice.  If we could not start a fire this food was consumed raw.  
Furthermore, the healthcare was unacceptable.  There were three specific instances that come to mind concerning this subject.  The first concerns my knees.  I was born with knee problems (a tendency for my kneecaps to dislocate).  During my time with Aspen my knees dislocated twice.  This was a preexisting condition, and in no way created by Aspen. However, after each incident I was allowed to rest for a few minutes and then was soon forced to hike on the injury.  As a result I have had persistent problems to this day.  In fact, a couple of months ago I finally opted for surgery.  The surgeon found extensive scar tissue and damage.  For the last month I also walked on what felt to be a broken toe.  I was never examined, so I can?t be sure, but the pain was excruciating for several weeks.
At one point I contracted the stomach flu during the program.  I spent three days hiking and vomiting.  Eventually after I had finally fainted several times from the exhaustion, medical help was brought in.  This was not an acceptable response.
During my two months there, I was allowed to bathe only twice, both times in the same mud and cow filled stream that we drank from.  The second bath came at the end of the program, right before our parents came.  Before they saw us, we had to wash and change into fresh clothes.  My Mom didn?t see the tattered truth of what I really wore until we were back home.  I remember her crying when she did. As a student I had no rights, I was not even treated like a human.  I was a prisoner.
Often times we drank from streams with high sulfur content that made us very sick.  Sore often than not the water in my jug was brow, with brine shrimp swimming in it.  I?ll never forget the feeling of them squirming on my tongue as I tried to swallow the gritty water, always to the sound of a counselor ?come on SUCK IT DOWN!? We had to drink it; we had no choice.
As a member of Aspen Group 211, I saw a thirteen year old girl turn purple and then blue as the staff sat by waiting for her to get herself up off the ground and keep walking.  We walked in circles, up and down mountains, in the heat, in the cold and in the dark. We were always lost.  For most of the time we carried a pack made of a blue tarp with seat belt material for straps.  It was painful and awkward.  
My hiking boots were new at the start of the program, and by the end the tread on the bottoms had worn down completely, they were flat. We could not know where we were or how long we would be there.  There were ?no future questions? allowed.  I remember walking along sheer cliffs with no safety ropes or harnesses, eating from dirty and rancid dishes, and having to use our bare hands to dig up and ?relocate? human "waste" on several occasions.  
On my high school transcripts there are credits for classes from ?Wayne County High School?.  The3y are really from my time at Aspen.  These ?classes? consisted of the completion a series of ?curriculum? packets.  They were really just confusing worksheets, that had obviously been typed out by one of the Aspen staff members.  
There was a wonderful older man by the name of ?Levoy? who was supposed to be the teacher.  He would come and visit rarely, and when he did it was never for an actual academic lesson.  I do remember that never the less, his visits were one of the few pleasant things about the whole experience.  
Actually, the academic instruction was a responsibility delegated to myself, and another one of the older students.  We of course did not understand anything included in the curriculum anymore than the other kids, yet were the ones expected to ?teach?.  They told us it was a reward, because we were always the first ones packed up and crushing the coals from the fire.  It seemed like a strange reward to me.    
Aspen markets itself as a ?therapeutic? environment.  There was very little actual ?therapy? involved.  Once a week, for half and hour a ?therapist? would come speak with us.  This was an occasion we looked forward to because for one, the therapist would bring each of us an apple to eat, and for two, it got us out of having to hike for a couple of hours.  These therapy sessions were to brief and far between to be of any help.  The only other mention of therapy came each morning when one of the 19-21 year old staff members would ask us to use a single word to describe how we felt for that day.  The ?therapy? was a joke.
Apparently the ?therapist? had periodic phone conversations with my parents.  I don?t know what they could have talked about; the therapist knew little of me, or my daily experiences in the program.  My main connection to my parents was the letters that we wrote back and forth.  The staff had to sensor them all.  I never sent or received a sealed envelope.  I had to be careful about what I wrote.  I tried to tell my parents what was happening, but it was hard.  When I got home I found out that they warned our parents that we would exaggerate and not to believe our first hand descriptions of the program.  
To this day we rarely if ever talk about Utah.  About once every few year I casually bring up the subject.  They never do.  I still have a hard time finding the ability to forgive them in my heart.  I hated them like never before during the program.  I was not happy when they arrived in Utah for the last 2 days of the program, nor did our relationship improve once we got home.  It got worse, and to this day I still hold a grudge because of the experience.
Before I went to Utah, I was a relatively good kid.  I was seventeen years old.  I had tried smoking cigarettes, tried smoking pot (and hated it) and had sex with two people.  When compared to my peers I was fairly normal.  Aspen didn?t care; they?ll take anyone whose parents will pay.  After I came back from the program I had lost all sense of self worth and self-respect.  I decided I didn?t care; it no longer mattered if I continued to resist the bad things in life, because I had already been punished.  Within a month of my return I had tried hard-core drugs such as Crystal Meth, become a heavy smoker, had a lot of casual unprotected sex, and even had an affair with a man in his late twenties.  Before Aspen I wouldn?t have done any of this.  For many years after the experience I was tormented by nightmares about Utah and my time there.  I?ve been back to the state, and even out into the desert where the program was held, all in an effort to make peace with the memories.  Slowly, over time I did recover.  I think my parents are still paying off the loan they took out to pay for Aspen.  I wish they had used the money to help me in school instead.
Eventually I recovered, and got on a good track.  But, I feel that had I not been sent to Aspen, I would have become a healthy productive adult much sooner.  
In recent years I have heard that the program has been altered slightly.  Apparently students now progress through the program at their own rate.  It is no longer an issue to wait for everyone in the group to complete a task.  Maybe this helps to control the animosity and resentment that existed in my group.  Still, no matter how many changes are made in the program, or how many favorable accounts they post on their web site, I would NEVER recommend this program to anyone.  
Now, despite the ?Aspen Experience? twelve years later I have been able to successfully graduate from college, find a healthy love relationship, a job as a teacher, and even (very recently) quit smoking.  I have become the person my parents had hoped I would be.  But, I still have nightmares of Utah. I remember Aspen T-shirts that read, ?You?ll go to Hell and Back?.  They were half right, I went there, but it took nearly a decade for me to make it back.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ISAC UK

  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.isaccorp.org
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »
Quote
On 2006-01-20 15:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"For any parent thinking about enrolling their child in The Aspen Achievement program, please reconsider.  As a former student of the program myself, I did not see any of the literature provided to my parents until after my return from the program.  After the initial review of videotape, and several pamphlets provided by the program I was shocked.  The program did not accurately portray itself.  According to advertisements for the Aspen Achievement Academy, the program resembled a rugged and therapeutic summer camp experience.  In reality this could not have been farther than the truth.  

It has been nearly twelve years since I spent those two months in the Utah wilderness, and my experience still haunts me to this day.  The extensive neglect and abuse that my fellow students and I experienced was unacceptable.  My parents were shocked when I came home and they saw the evidence in my backpack, and heard my stories.  

I?ll never forget the morning of May 11th, 1994.  It?s a date that will haunt me for the rest of my life.  Two strangers awaked me at 5 am.  They ordered me to get up and get dressed because I was going to Utah.  I told them I couldn?t go to Utah; I had to go to school that day!  It turned out I had no choice.  After a lengthy struggle I found myself forced onto a second rate airplane (who?s ever heard of ?Morrissey? airlines anyway) bound for Salt Lake City.  It remains one of the most emotionally devastating and difficult things I have ever been through.

I remember before the program even started, they took us to a consular, or maybe he was a physiatrist in Provo Utah to be evaluated.  One of the worst moments in my life was when he looked me in the eye and told me that he did not believe that I was a good candidate for the program.  He said he I seemed like a relatively normal and stable teenager, but that he was going to recommend that I attend despite this.  He said that he thought the program would be good for anyone, even himself.  He also told me that my parents had agreed to pay $23,000 for my time in the desert.  I don?t know where that money went, because it certainly did not go to proper care and feeding of my fellow students and I.

We were starving in Utah; I lost over 20 pounds.  We simply were not provided wit adequate amounts of food.  Often times we were given no food at all, or forced to hike, exhausted for many miles before any food was provided.  On a good day, in the mornings we were able to eat half a cup of cold instant oatmeal, and then at night if we were lucky we could eat the same amount of cooked potatoes and rice.  If we could not start a fire this food was consumed raw.  

Furthermore, the healthcare was unacceptable.  There were three specific instances that come to mind concerning this subject.  The first concerns my knees.  I was born with knee problems (a tendency for my kneecaps to dislocate).  During my time with Aspen my knees dislocated twice.  This was a preexisting condition, and in no way created by Aspen. However, after each incident I was allowed to rest for a few minutes and then was soon forced to hike on the injury.  As a result I have had persistent problems to this day.  In fact, a couple of months ago I finally opted for surgery.  The surgeon found extensive scar tissue and damage.  For the last month I also walked on what felt to be a broken toe.  I was never examined, so I can?t be sure, but the pain was excruciating for several weeks.

At one point I contracted the stomach flu during the program.  I spent three days hiking and vomiting.  Eventually after I had finally fainted several times from the exhaustion, medical help was brought in.  This was not an acceptable response.

During my two months there, I was allowed to bathe only twice, both times in the same mud and cow filled stream that we drank from.  The second bath came at the end of the program, right before our parents came.  Before they saw us, we had to wash and change into fresh clothes.  My Mom didn?t see the tattered truth of what I really wore until we were back home.  I remember her crying when she did. As a student I had no rights, I was not even treated like a human.  I was a prisoner.

Often times we drank from streams with high sulfur content that made us very sick.  Sore often than not the water in my jug was brow, with brine shrimp swimming in it.  I?ll never forget the feeling of them squirming on my tongue as I tried to swallow the gritty water, always to the sound of a counselor ?come on SUCK IT DOWN!? We had to drink it; we had no choice.

As a member of Aspen Group 211, I saw a thirteen year old girl turn purple and then blue as the staff sat by waiting for her to get herself up off the ground and keep walking.  We walked in circles, up and down mountains, in the heat, in the cold and in the dark. We were always lost.  For most of the time we carried a pack made of a blue tarp with seat belt material for straps.  It was painful and awkward.  

My hiking boots were new at the start of the program, and by the end the tread on the bottoms had worn down completely, they were flat. We could not know where we were or how long we would be there.  There were ?no future questions? allowed.  I remember walking along sheer cliffs with no safety ropes or harnesses, eating from dirty and rancid dishes, and having to use our bare hands to dig up and ?relocate? human "waste" on several occasions.  

On my high school transcripts there are credits for classes from ?Wayne County High School?.  The3y are really from my time at Aspen.  These ?classes? consisted of the completion a series of ?curriculum? packets.  They were really just confusing worksheets, that had obviously been typed out by one of the Aspen staff members.  

There was a wonderful older man by the name of ?Levoy? who was supposed to be the teacher.  He would come and visit rarely, and when he did it was never for an actual academic lesson.  I do remember that never the less, his visits were one of the few pleasant things about the whole experience.  

Actually, the academic instruction was a responsibility delegated to myself, and another one of the older students.  We of course did not understand anything included in the curriculum anymore than the other kids, yet were the ones expected to ?teach?.  They told us it was a reward, because we were always the first ones packed up and crushing the coals from the fire.  It seemed like a strange reward to me.    

Aspen markets itself as a ?therapeutic? environment.  There was very little actual ?therapy? involved.  Once a week, for half and hour a ?therapist? would come speak with us.  This was an occasion we looked forward to because for one, the therapist would bring each of us an apple to eat, and for two, it got us out of having to hike for a couple of hours.  These therapy sessions were to brief and far between to be of any help.  The only other mention of therapy came each morning when one of the 19-21 year old staff members would ask us to use a single word to describe how we felt for that day.  The ?therapy? was a joke.

Apparently the ?therapist? had periodic phone conversations with my parents.  I don?t know what they could have talked about; the therapist knew little of me, or my daily experiences in the program.  My main connection to my parents was the letters that we wrote back and forth.  The staff had to sensor them all.  I never sent or received a sealed envelope.  I had to be careful about what I wrote.  I tried to tell my parents what was happening, but it was hard.  When I got home I found out that they warned our parents that we would exaggerate and not to believe our first hand descriptions of the program.  

To this day we rarely if ever talk about Utah.  About once every few year I casually bring up the subject.  They never do.  I still have a hard time finding the ability to forgive them in my heart.  I hated them like never before during the program.  I was not happy when they arrived in Utah for the last 2 days of the program, nor did our relationship improve once we got home.  It got worse, and to this day I still hold a grudge because of the experience.

Before I went to Utah, I was a relatively good kid.  I was seventeen years old.  I had tried smoking cigarettes, tried smoking pot (and hated it) and had sex with two people.  When compared to my peers I was fairly normal.  Aspen didn?t care; they?ll take anyone whose parents will pay.  After I came back from the program I had lost all sense of self worth and self-respect.  I decided I didn?t care; it no longer mattered if I continued to resist the bad things in life, because I had already been punished.  Within a month of my return I had tried hard-core drugs such as Crystal Meth, become a heavy smoker, had a lot of casual unprotected sex, and even had an affair with a man in his late twenties.  Before Aspen I wouldn?t have done any of this.  For many years after the experience I was tormented by nightmares about Utah and my time there.  I?ve been back to the state, and even out into the desert where the program was held, all in an effort to make peace with the memories.  Slowly, over time I did recover.  I think my parents are still paying off the loan they took out to pay for Aspen.  I wish they had used the money to help me in school instead.

Eventually I recovered, and got on a good track.  But, I feel that had I not been sent to Aspen, I would have become a healthy productive adult much sooner.  

In recent years I have heard that the program has been altered slightly.  Apparently students now progress through the program at their own rate.  It is no longer an issue to wait for everyone in the group to complete a task.  Maybe this helps to control the animosity and resentment that existed in my group.  Still, no matter how many changes are made in the program, or how many favorable accounts they post on their web site, I would NEVER recommend this program to anyone.  

Now, despite the ?Aspen Experience? twelve years later I have been able to successfully graduate from college, find a healthy love relationship, a job as a teacher, and even (very recently) quit smoking.  I have become the person my parents had hoped I would be.  But, I still have nightmares of Utah. I remember Aspen T-shirts that read, ?You?ll go to Hell and Back?.  They were half right, I went there, but it took nearly a decade for me to make it back."

Anon,

I would very much like to get in touch with you.  Please email International Survivors Action Committee
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline jzammi

  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »
I have worked as a wilderness instructor at Aspen SUWS program. Most of the kids have stuff to work on, but it is a result of  where they are comming from and that is what we are missing, yet the kids are the ones sent away to do the work while parents continue on in their lives with little changes. The program I worked saw amazing opening up of situations and short term changes in the kids, some were real, some were the kids doing their best to act the way we asked them to, and who knows how real or lasting it is. In situations where the kids life is on the line these intense programs are better than the ER or the morgue, But they have costs, I believe they are tramatic for some kids and can be really hard on the body, doing long lasting damage in some cases. There are gentler ways of doing therapy. And sometimes what the kids are in need of they can't get in the program.  Often deception is needed to get kids to enter the program, info is misrepresented to parents and kids, and if they are even told much detail and accuracy at all the parents and kids rarely grasp how harsh the conditions will be for the youngsters, especially when physical and emotional state are combined.  And even though kids are under 18 and have little legal say over their welbeing holding people against their will doesn't seem right, no matter what age. The kids bear the brunt of a problem that is much bigger than them, they are afterall kids, they grew out of the environment they were raised in.

Sometimes the situation is the result of unfortunate situation beyond anyone's control, like death or adoption, however many times there is a whole lot to be improved in the home life and with the parents or guardians, and this is the limiting factor of programs because parents are not willing to hear this and kids get sent off and the parents just talk to therapists for a handfull of hours on phone calls, rather than being able to be there as part of the program like the kids. I meet many parents and understand why the kids have so many issues. But it's the parents who are sending the kids off to be "fixed". I would preferr to work with whole families instead of with one member of the family, the kid, who is often reacting naturally to a very out of balance surrounding where they are not able to get their needs met in a healthy way. So I would prefer to look at the larger picture of creating healthy local cultures for kids to live in and be nurtured by rather than spending loads of money to send them away to boarding school. In most instances there is still relapse risk involved on the part of the child and parent so boarding school is the next best thing, if you are ok with having other people raise your kid for you. And if youre sending a 11 year old off to boarding schooll think something is wrong at home, 11 is pretty young.  
If you are thinking of sending your kid to a program you can email me at [email protected] for any questions about my experience as a head instructor with the SUWS program
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
acob Z

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »
Aspen worked well for my daughter, who had many behavioural problems.  She returned with new self confidence, self esteem that had hit rock bottom and is now a happy, relaxed teenager who is focussing on her future.  She has made many changes to her life since she came home - she's returned to her studies, mixes with people who have a positive attitude to life and is polite and thoughtful.  A happy, relaxed, confident teenager.  

However, we as a family have worked hard to ensure that she didn't return to the same influences and situation that she left.  We had lots of help, support and advise from Aspen, we analysed our family's strengths and challenges, we looked at our own characters to see where the triggers were and how we reacted in certain situations... we looked at how we were parented and how that has influenced our own parenting.

We all learnt to listen actively and to actually HEAR what each member of our family had to say.  We put behavioural contracts in place and started a weekly family council night.  We continued family therapy, which prior to going to the camp was totally ineffective because our daughter refused to cooperate.  

We didn't expect miracles and we knew, no matter how well Aspen had performed for our daughter, we had to work hard and do our bit too otherwise, within a few months we would have been right back to where we started.  We made sure that on our daughter's return that we supported her, worked with her and with ourselves.  The result is that we have moved forward positively as a family and we are all much happier in our relationships with each.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »
i think you are just bitching, honestly. i went to aspen about a year ago and it was a great experience. sure the food wasn't great but if you've ever gone camping you would know it's pretty hard to have great food keep for a week. and of course they supply enough food, we had instances where we ran out but that was because we didn't save it earlier in the week.
i didn't hurt myself while i was there but people in my group did and they got proper medical care. part of the program is learning to deal with things even if you do not want to. for instance one day my friend was puking everywhere and she still kept hiking because she knew we had to get to camp so that she could get to the doctors. we hiked 8 miles that day and climbed a mountain at the end, and she made it.
some of the things you talk about have definitely improved with time, such as the water. we either get filtered water or from a stream or river and sanitize it.
most of the things that you mention are all part of the program, such as no future information, and hiking, and those crappy packs.
it isnt supposed to be a good, fun, lighthearted time, obviously. its supposed to be hard, really really hard. i dont understand why you still dont get this after 12 years?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »
I sent my daughter to Aspen Acheivement Academy 1 1/2 years ago and I truely believe it saved her life. It's a rigorous program. But it has made her stronger than she could ever have been without there help. She had been living with her father for 2 years before going to aspen and had developed a very serious meth addiction. after trying outpatient treatments (she really wanted to stop) that didn't provide enough structure, I hired the escorts to take her to Aspen. It was not an easy decision.
it was less than 8 weeks! and she has been off meth ever since. She admits it was tough but she is happy she went. she read the your posts and walked away laughing. She said it was worth it. she wouldn't be where she it today without them. she probably would have been dead, or in jail by now.
if you went to Aspen your parents cared enough to do there best for you. If you couldn't benefit from it that's your problem. stop whining.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2007, 11:52:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I sent my daughter to Aspen Acheivement Academy 1 1/2 years ago and I truely believe it saved her life. It's a rigorous program. But it has made her stronger than she could ever have been without there help. She had been living with her father for 2 years before going to aspen and had developed a very serious meth addiction. after trying outpatient treatments (she really wanted to stop) that didn't provide enough structure, I hired the escorts to take her to Aspen. It was not an easy decision.

it was less than 8 weeks! and she has been off meth ever since. She admits it was tough but she is happy she went. she read the your posts and walked away laughing. She said it was worth it. she wouldn't be where she it today without them. she probably would have been dead, or in jail by now.

if you went to Aspen your parents cared enough to do there best for you. If you couldn't benefit from it that's your problem. stop whining.

I would like to thank everyone (the above two posts, being the obvious exception) for his or her posts and upfront contributions to this subject. All of the posts including first hand student accounts, parents, and former employees have been very helpful. You have all contributed thoughtful and eloquent ideas. I was pleased to note that there were posts both in favor, and against this program. Thank you to everyone for you opinions and insights into the Aspen program.
However, in response to the two most recent posts?
It is quite obvious that you and your daughter are responsible the above two posts in this forum. Unfortunately both of your posts jeopardize the integrity of an otherwise respectable discussion.
Through the way that you portray yourself through your words and attitude, I too have no doubt that your daughter would have ended up in jail if it weren't for Aspen. Obviously you are an immature and vindictive person, and should not be a role model for a young teenager. It has been said that those who wonder where this younger generation is headed, would do well to consider where it came from!
You betray yourself and your argument with the disrespectful, harsh and immature way that you have approached the topic and responded to the other contributors. Why must you resort to such disrespectful and insulting tactics?
I get the sense that you are from an uneducated, blue-collar type of background; perhaps you yourself come from a rough background. Am I correct in this assumption?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Aspen Education
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 04:23:04 PM »
I worked at a facility owned by aspen education in Utah.  I as a parent would NOT send my child there.  I would like to know if anyone knows anything about how they cover up their sexual harassment cases.  I reported  harassment following ALL of the procedures.  Has anyone else been envolved with something similar?  What happened in your instances?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

  • Posts: 5383
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 05:07:58 PM »
Might post in the Aspen Forum
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewforum.php?f=48

Or the Troubled Teen Forum
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewforum.php?f=9

They get more activity than this one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline nimdA

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1218
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Aspen Education
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2007, 12:02:22 PM »
Quote from: ""dissapointed""
I worked at a facility owned by aspen education in Utah.  I as a parent would NOT send my child there.  I would like to know if anyone knows anything about how they cover up their sexual harassment cases.  I reported  harassment following ALL of the procedures.  Has anyone else been envolved with something similar?  What happened in your instances?


Please get in touch with me at [email protected]. I'm a former staff member from 3 springs. I need to talk to you about something important.

sorry wrong email addy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1218
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2007, 09:53:17 PM »
*le bump*
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am the metal pig.

Offline SettleForNothingLess

  • Posts: 305
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2007, 11:36:38 PM »
Academy at Swift River... went there... questions??/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline Deborah

  • Posts: 5383
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2007, 12:18:16 AM »
Quote from: ""SettleForNothingLess""
Academy at Swift River... went there... questions??/


When were you there?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline SettleForNothingLess

  • Posts: 305
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2007, 01:47:44 AM »
I was there august of 2004 till sept 2004..i got sent to peninsula village from there thanks to ASRs Dr. Cohen... I got kicked out of ASR because I was a leader of a run away attempt with 3 others... There was a lesbian couselor there that made me uncomfortable...she was fired later on for making out with a student... ASR was "interesting"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline nimdA

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1218
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Aspen Education Group: Any former students?
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2007, 08:15:23 AM »
Quote from: ""SettleForNothingLess""
I was there august of 2004 till sept 2004..i got sent to peninsula village from there thanks to ASRs Dr. Cohen... I got kicked out of ASR because I was a leader of a run away attempt with 3 others... There was a lesbian couselor there that made me uncomfortable...she was fired later on for making out with a student... ASR was "interesting"


interesting? How so?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am the metal pig.