Author Topic: BCA peoples  (Read 10574 times)

Offline van_islander_hedican

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »
The cops are probobaly on the take. Im sure they know all about B.C.A and the supposed fucked up kids that go there. CEDU probobaly told the cops "this is program to help troubled kids" the cops probobaly dont give a fuck what goes on there. I find it hard to belive that they know nothing about B.C.A thats bullshit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline van_islander_hedican

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »
HAHAHA ya fuckin faggot, your a joke. First of all,, alot of people who attended CEDU have very rewarding lives and great jobs. If you think CEDU was benificial in anyway your an idiot,,you say just move on and forget abou it?? thats all fine if thats what you want to do, but obviously theres alot of people harbouring anger towards this company for a reason. If someone fucks with me I remember it, CEDU fucked with alot of people and alot of people are still angry. Apparantely you dont mind being pushed around and mind fucked,,move on and forget about it thats all good, but just remember your one of those little bitches that would rather forget about something than address it. I dont wallow in sorrow about CEDU,, I just feel bad for the kids having to go through what I went through,I dont think its right.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »
i"m a former counselor from BCA, i just responded to alot of immoral things that went on look it up under "hot topics" posted 1-1-05 there's plenty of why every parent should take there child back.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »
are you Kris aka "china"? one of your favorites? oreo cookies? heard from anyone in Grose Point MI. I'll look for your response.

Offline RES

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »
i went to bca from 96-99. PG 12 Mountain Lions, holla!!!!

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2005, 01:56:00 AM »
I promise you that wasn't kriss, aka "china" (she'd laugh to hear that name again)...but kriss is alive and doing very well out here in Boston.

Take whatever you got from BCA...learn the rest from your day to day struggles and mistakes. Life's tough, but in all actuality it's not nearly as hard as many staff members there make it out to be. They just love to tell you that you're gonna fail, especially if you don't do that summit bullshit, which I personally refused to do.

I was a BCA student from 2000-2002, didn't graduate the program (finished the I & Me), and I'm doing pretty fuckin' well. I'd be lying if I said BCA didn't help me a bit, and I'd also be lying if I said it didn't fuck my mind up a little bit at the same time. I guess BCA is just the epitome of gray area.

This is Artie Sullivan, and to any of my old BCA friends, hit me up sometime ([email protected])

Artie
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »
I agree; one of the nastiest things I ever read at BCA was when I finally convinced one of the drivers to let me read that little packet that pretty much sums up your existence as far as staff are concerned.

It included every right my parents had signed over to CEDU, and things such as "holding in a behavioral institution for up to 3 days at administrator's discretion" didn't make me smile much.

Also, there were observations that clinical staff had made about me that were very far from the truth...however, they had been marked as just short of "fact" rather than hypothetical observation. I had myriad staff members referring to me as "severely manic depressive" even though they'd never met me? Don't get me wrong, I get sad from time to time, but I can't think of a single moment in my life that I've been depressed...much less "manic depressive".

That kind of stuff can't be good for a 16 year old's mind...

I'm almost 20 now, in my sophomore year at college, and I've moved on. But never will I deny where I was...or forget.

Artie

By the way, I'm agreeing with Felsher and a couple of the anonymous posters on the previous page...not with my previous post  :grin: [ This Message was edited by: dniceo7 on 2005-01-02 08:11 ]
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »
Sure...we all need to move on.  Maybe people here just need to have a "safe" place to vent with "real" feelings and memories of the place.  But I think the real issue for most of us who are "whining" is we haven't discovered a way to help other kids not have to have the same memories and pain those of us who were unfortunate to have survived do have.  Maybe this is our way of exposing what has been hidden for so long?  I don't know what it is like for you, but every time I hear the same stories of what happen to me I get a sick feeling in my stomach.  Unlike the puppet staff at CEDU, I can't just turn my feelings on and off just to be "in compliance" or "plumb and square."  Did you ever think that maybe some of the rage you read here is because we are finally able to be free to feel?  God, I would like to turn it off, but man, it is a feeling of "how am I going to survive this thing," and "I really must be as worthless and insane as they tell me I am."  If I don't speak out then I am responsible for the kids who come after me.  That should make us all care.  I know I will find peace from my memories from them when I know I have done something to close the place down.  Honest talking about this, regardless if others consider this "whining" and feeling sorry for ourselves, so fucking what?  Glad you found your peace, man, some of us are still searching.  I bet if you could roll back father time knowing what you know now that you would beg your parents not to send you to hell?

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2005, 01:29:00 AM »
That's it right there...in many ways you just nailed exactly what I think a lot of us are feeling...but I can't speak for anyone but myself I guess

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »
how do you access archives?

Thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »
in reply to the former counselor at BCA:

Is that you Mark Wrist?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »
On 2005-01-02 08:09:00, dniceo7 wrote:

Also, there were observations that clinical staff had made about me that were very far from the truth...however, they had been marked as just short of "fact" rather than hypothetical observation. I had myriad staff members referring to me as "severely manic depressive" even though they'd never met me? Don't get me wrong, I get sad from time to time, but I can't think of a single moment in my life that I've been depressed...much less "manic depressive".

Very funny you mention that.  When I was first at BCA I was sent to see a shrink that was there at the time (I don't even believe he had a doctorate because as far as I remember he was working on his dissertation sp?).  This "psychologist" also participated in raps and I have to say had the most appauling rap manner of all the staff I have ever seen at that school (especially to girls). Needless to say if I ever heard someone talk to my (hypothetical) daughter like this man talked (err screamed) to girls, well, we would have a few "words".
But to make a long story short, I was sent to see him when I first got there, had a few sessions and that was it.  Then I want to say a year or so later I was sent to see another psychologist there and after we spoke he said he was very puzzled of the notes the previous psychologist made on my file.  He told me it said things such as I was extreme anti social, borderline psychopathic, uncontrolably violent, etc etc etc.  Basically painted a picture like I was an extremely unstable individual.  Sad to say this is not true.
Its sad to say that this stuff is jotted down and the kids are treated based on such "professional opinion"

Offline chinsk

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »
BTW this is my post, forgot to logon.

On 2005-01-05 11:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-01-02 08:09:00, dniceo7 wrote:

Very funny you mention that.  When I was first at BCA I was sent to see a shrink that was there at the time (I don't even believe he had a doctorate because as far as I remember he was working on his dissertation sp?).  This "psychologist" also participated in raps and I have to say had the most appauling rap manner of all the staff I have ever seen at that school (especially to girls). Needless to say if I ever heard someone talk to my (hypothetical) daughter like this man talked (err screamed) to girls, well, we would have a few "words".

But to make a long story short, I was sent to see him when I first got there, had a few sessions and that was it.  Then I want to say a year or so later I was sent to see another psychologist there and after we spoke he said he was very puzzled of the notes the previous psychologist made on my file.  He told me it said things such as I was extreme anti social, borderline psychopathic, uncontrolably violent, etc etc etc.  Basically painted a picture like I was an extremely unstable individual.  Sad to say this is not true.

Its sad to say that this stuff is jotted down and the kids are treated based on such "professional opinion""

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
question remains:  is this Mark wrist?  if not, tell us that I am wrong.  You tried to cause trouble when you left BCA two years ago (no big loss , I know, I was there), and you are still trying to cause trouble.  And Lori, I know you are out there too, stirring the pot.  Why don't you and your ex, Mark, take care of business off line?

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
BCA peoples
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
I don't know who you're referring to, but either way, back off of Rist. Mark was a rare good man in a pool full of pretty ignorant people at BCA. If I had to name one person, other than Val Davis, that really gave what they had there, it's Mark. Not his fault that the "program" didn't agree with his "methods and outlook". Not trying to be hostile at all, but I think a man like Mark Rist deserves every bit of credit he is due.