Author Topic: Wellspring Academy, Bob Gluhareff, Cindy Thomas, Chris Chris  (Read 15308 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Wellspring Academy, Bob Gluhareff, Cindy Thomas, Chris Chris
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »
I went to Wellspring and luckily played it smart and got the hell out of there bout a year or two before that piece of shit closed. Well spring was a wonderful place in the beginning and then Bob let money go to his fat head. It is a shame really all we can do is pray for him. Chris Christenbury was and is one of the smartest and carrying individuals I have had the previlege of knowing, and I know most of you who were there with me would say the same. I miss the guys I was there with and got close to, and some of the staff that were actually cool and helped us yall know who you are. I hope all you fools are doin alright out there. Oh this is Mississippi by the way a.k.a. boo boo. Anybody want to get in touch or have anymore questions e-mail [email protected]

P.S. I don't know if that place really helped me or not but I am a better man for the experience.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »
Yeah... this is Frank Redden.. i started all of the kids leaving when i went home on a home trip and ran away... i told my parents about all the shit Joe and Sean were doing to me.. they didnt beleive me so i ran away.. i week later i called them.. and a week after that we went to Virginia Police or Social Services or something..

If you know me... or want to ask me anything call me 704-307-6380   or 704-660-9400

[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »
Hi I'm Danny, I was at Wellspring when I was 16 I'm now 24. I really can't belive what I'm hearing. What I'm trying to say is yeah some of the daily chores such as digging outhouse holes cutting alllllll the trees on the dams on both ponds, well basicly all of the maintenance around the farm wasn't so bad, well it was at the time but I learned alot. I mean what were they doing that was so bad that they shut the place down?  Its not that I don't agree or disagree I'm just curious. I do think Bobs a pompous ass and Cindy can be a stuck up bitch excuse my language. And Sean and Joe were there for a few months before I left. And I guess Sean could be an asshole sometimes and Joe was allways cool with me. I know he smokes weed a friend and I found some in his truck. anyways if some one could like explain to me what kind of abuse went on there I would really like to know. [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
fuck that place
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 12:40:51 PM »
THIS IS BEN LEWIS, I FUCKING HOPE BOB G BURNS IN HELL, HE STOLE SO MUCH MONEY FROM MY GRANDMA, AND OTHER FAMILYS, HE WASNT TRYING TO HELP ANYONE BUT HIMSELF. FUCK HIM I FEEL BAD FOR HIS WIFE THOUGH.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: fuck that place x2
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 02:12:52 PM »
wow.
this is mike dechiara....
its funny when the truth comes actually comes out.
i went to wellspring for a year and a half... due to my student management position i saw a lot of really shady stuff going on.
glad that bobs getting the dick in his mouth that he deserved.

we made the best of that bullshit, kept our heads up,met some tight  people and learned to be manipulative and not get caught. :D

fuck it.

FWA.

i have the last "recent" staff roster + phone number lists ect that joe emailed me. any one who wants some info ...

cell: 330 703 7246
aim: xinfirmarycallsx
email: [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 06:23:25 PM »
What up Ben Lewis its Kevin Northup.  FUCK EVERYONE THAT WORKED AT WELLSRPING CEPT LIKE 3 PEOPLE.  FUCK ANYONE THAT LIKED WELLSPRING.  THAT PLACE IS HELL. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM ALL LOCKED ALL IN A BUILDING AND BURN THEM BITCHES TO THE GROUND.  
anyone wanna talk shit about wellspring or just catch up hit me up [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Wellspring Academy, Bob Gluhareff, Cindy Thomas, Chris Chris
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 10:24:34 AM »
This is MIKE TALLENT, i spent more time in the box than in the school, and for anyone who wants to know, BOB committed suicide instead of going to jail, fuck that fat bastard, get at me, [email protected]

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »
The fornits wiki page is updated

You can send Mr. Gluhareff off with some fine words here:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 03:21:57 PM »
BOB IS DEAD!!!!!! HE KILLLED HIMSELF, YESSSSSS
FUCK THAT FAT BASTARD NIGGER, I WISH I WAS THE ONE TO PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!!
[email protected]
Ben Stewart

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »
Bob will never rest in peace, that bitch killed himself, FUCK YOU, FUCK DAVE, FUCK SEAN, FUCK EVERYONE THERE,

FUCK THE FINCHES, COCK RIDING BASTARDS. I WISH I COULD HAVE PULLED THE TRIGER WHEN HE KILLED HIMSELF, LETS SEND HIM OFF WITH SOME REAL WORDS.....

DIE MOTHER FUCKER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Wilson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »
[email protected]
[;ease post some "kind" words about this fat bastard on him death website.
He really was a peice of fat shit that deserved to die.
I also wish i was the one to pull the trigger..
MIKEY TALLENT, set the record in the box....

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »
Sorry if I have been a bit out of the loop... Not sure if anyone else posted the details. Here's an article:

Wellspring Academy Founder Takes Own Life
SONNY RIDDLE / Danville Register and Bee
Published: January 16, 2008

The former head of a Halifax County school for troubled boys was found dead in Person County, N.C., this past weekend.

Person County Sheriff Dewey Jones said the body of Robert S. Gluhareff, 63, of South Boston, was discovered by deputies Sunday morning in a wooded area off Edwin Robertson Road.

Jones said deputies found the body at 7:37 a.m. while on patrol. The North Carolina State Medical Examiner was called to the scene and determined Gluhareff's death was the result of a single gunshot wound, the sheriff said.

The medical examiner said the wound was self-inflicted, Jones added.

The sheriff said witnesses told authorities that Gluhareff's vehicle was parked on Edwin Robertson Road from Friday night until the discovery of his body Sunday morning. It is believed Gluhareff died sometime Saturday.

Gluhareff, former head of Wellspring Academy, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court last year to two charges related to bank fraud and one count each of mail and tax fraud. All other charges against him were dismissed.

Prosecutors said Gluhareff put the school in serious financial trouble, lied to parents about their tuition being tax deductible and obtained loans from multiple banks using the same piece of land as collateral.

He closed the school for troubled boys unexpectedly in April 2003, and told parents to pick their sons up immediately.

When parents asked for their tuition money back, which ran from $43,000 to $49,000 annually, Gluhareff filed for personal and business bankruptcy.

Gluhareff was sentenced in October to serve 30 months in a federal prison and pay more than $500,000 in restitution. He filed suit to vacate his sentence Dec. 26 in U.S. District Court in Roanoke, naming the federal government as defendant.

Gluhareff is survived by his wife, two sons, two grandchildren, his mother and two sisters.

Reprinted with permission of The Gazette-Virginian in South Boston.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »
Every man's death diminishes me.  Some not as much as others, though...
http://www.religionandsocialpolicy.org/ ... fm?id=4621

You're right, he was a bad boy...
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 06:14:16 PM »
Yeah, I found that one too, when I went looking... Here it is expanded out, for posterity's sake...

Counselor charged with fraud -- Prosecutors say Bob Gluhareff, owner of a school for troubled teens, padded the school's accounts
Publisher: The News & Observer (Raleigh, North Carolina)
By: Toby Coleman
First published: August 06, 2006

Federal prosecutors have charged a longtime Raleigh family counselor with bilking parents, the government and others in an effort to keep his faith-based school for troubled teens open.

Prosecutors claim Bob Gluhareff, 61, illegally padded Wellspring Academy accounts with more than $662,000 in bad checks -- including ones parents believed he would hold until they secured loans to cover them. Prosecutors also think he criminally misled parents into thinking they could claim some of the South Boston, Va., school's $49,000 tuition as a charitable donation.

Gluhareff called the 36-count federal indictment, unsealed Friday in Virginia, the result of a prosecutorial "witch hunt" stirred up by parents angered by his school's sudden closure three years ago. He is charged with tax, wire, mail and bank fraud; money laundering; and making false statements before a grand jury.

"The U.S. Attorney wanted somebody to pay," he said in an interview at his North Raleigh office Saturday. "They had to answer to those angry parents."

A few parents of former academy students have been calling for prosecutors and regulators to punish Gluhareff for more than three years.

"We're ecstatic," said Cindy Mitchell, a Youngsville woman who sent her son to the school and said she lost thousands of dollars when it closed. "Bob has a counseling service in North Raleigh, and I think that every parent that takes their child there should know about these charges."

Gluhareff opened Wellspring in 1986 on 510 acres outside South Boston, about an hour north of the Triangle. He started by recruiting troubled kids from the Raleigh area and eventually brought in children from across the country.

The school offered high school and two years of college instruction for boys ages 13 to 19. He promised parents their kids would be in a structured environment with Christian counseling and uniforms of khakis and polo shirts.

At its peak in 2002, the school had 90 students, 60 staff members and a nearly $3 million budget. "It was a very successful school," Gluhareff said.

Federal prosecutors claim that he struggled to keep his growing little school afloat for years. Gluhareff said the school did not start having budget woes until 2002.

Prosecutors believe that between 1999 and 2003, Gluhareff tried a series of financial maneuvers to keep his school chugging, including writing bad checks and cashing tuition checks that parents thought he would hold until they notified him that they had the money.

"Mr. Gluhareff took advantage of parents who were desperate to help their children," John L. Brownlee, the U.S. Attorney for western Virginia, said in a statement. "He was dishonest in his dealings with parents, banks and corporations."

Prosecutors claim, among other things, that none of the school's counselors were licensed in Virginia -- even though Gluhareff told parents that their kids would receive help from licensed counselors.

Gluhareff said the charges were ridiculous, in part because he says it would have been impossible for him to push enough bad checks through to hide significant financial problems in a multimillion-dollar organization.

He said it is possible that he could have cashed a parent's $25,000 nonrefundable tuition deposit check too fast. He also acknowledged that he told parents who paid his school's full $49,000 tuition that he would count $24,000 of their payment as a donation -- mainly because he figured that most of that money went to help pay for student scholarships.

He said that if he did anything wrong, it was "procedural" and that he never meant to break the law.

"What angers me more than anything else is that my wife and I gave everything to make this work," he said.

He talked about the federal charges against him Saturday afternoon, while sitting in the waiting room of his North Raleigh office. There was Christian art on the wall and a jar labeled "Warm Fuzzies" on the table to his left. He is free on $25,000 bond.

Gluhareff said he continues to blame a former school counselor, Lisa Grant, for Wellspring's collapse, and he has urged federal prosecutors to investigate her. Grant did not respond Saturday to an e-mail message.

Grant has said she quit the school in April 2003 amid budgetary problems: Staff pay had been cut and, according to court records, the school was not paying bills.

She took four students with her as she left, then called their parents and told them the school was going out of business. By the time Gluhareff had called the local sheriff's office to report that Grant had kidnapped the boys, the school phones were starting to buzz with angry parents. Word spread among the students, and soon some were refusing to wear their uniforms and threatening to start fires.

A few days later, Gluhareff closed the school. In a letter to parents, he blamed Grant, the economy and parents' failure to pay tuition on time.

He said he contemplated reopening the school, but never could come up with the money to pay off his creditors -- much less the parents who paid him tuition to help their troubled children.

"Sixty wonderful people lost their jobs, parents lost a half a million dollars of tuition," he said. "I cried for days."

He still lives near South Boston -- though he says he is too broke to own land. These days, he rents.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 03:50:30 AM »
This account from The Roanoke Times tells more about the timing of Gluhareff's suicide. It would appear that he was supposed to report to prison to do his time, and chose not to...

Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Founder of academy apparently takes his life
Robert Serge Gluhareff did not report to federal prison Jan. 8 as he was supposed to have done.

The disgraced former head of a Christian school for troubled boys in Halifax County was found dead Sunday morning from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, five days after he was supposed to report to federal prison.

A federal judge sentenced 62-year-old Robert Serge Gluhareff in October to 2 1/2 years for two convictions for bank fraud and one each for tax fraud and mail fraud.

The Raleigh, N.C., minister founded Wellspring Academy in the 1980s, and according to court evidence, he used numerous fraudulent financial schemes to keep the struggling school open during its final years. When the school closed in 2003, parents lost thousands of dollars in tuition.

Gluhareff was scheduled to self-report to prison Jan. 8. Late the next day, the U.S. Marshals Service learned that he didn't show up, said Bill Fallon, Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal for the Western District of Virginia. Marshals issued a warrant for Gluhareff's arrest, but learned Sunday that his body had been found in Person County, N.C.

A Person County deputy noticed an abandoned truck parked along a back road, searched the woods and found Gluhareff, dead from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound from a .38-caliber revolver, said Person County Sheriff Dewey Jones. Witnesses said the truck had been parked there since late Friday night, the sheriff said.

-- Mike Allen
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:05:25 AM by Ursus »