Author Topic: My intentions  (Read 16117 times)

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »
Ok, this is too hilarious to let go by.  I'm a mole for CEDU with no real son, according to the theory put out at the moment by this poster.

Doesn't it occur to you that if this were the case, if I was here for some espionage or other devious purpose, and you wanted to hear from my son (the one you don't believe I have), I would just make one up, i.e. enter as him under Anon or some other registered name?  

Or, since moles, apparently, according to this site's mythology, are all over the place, quite numerous at the least, I would get one of my fellow moles to enter as him.

When I have a far-fetched hypothesis about something, and we all do now and then, I think it helps in keeping connected with reality, to step back a bit and say to one's self "Is this reasonable, or are my biases (a blind hatred of someone, a desire to look clever, a wish to be important enough that big organizations are spying on you) clouding my judgment?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »
Shut the fuck up!  You are a fucking mole and you can't deny it!!

I don't care what you say with your craftily worded insults.

Your a fucking mole so FUCK OFF!!

If I'm wrong, then your one of the biggest pieces of shit a human being I've ever met!

Disgusting.

Why don't you go on to a holocaust survivor site and belittle them?

Why don't you?

Because we all suffered TREMENDOUSLY at the hands of CEDU and we're sick of you're belitling us and our issues.

Or maybe you're right and we're all wrong.

It makes me fucking IRATE how you can come on this site and
question and belittle our experiences!!

Like I said, I liken it to you going on to a holocaust survivor's site and belitling and downplaying their experiences.

You make me fucking SICK!!!

You and everyone of your mentality!!

I only wish I could blame it on your ignorance.

Now let me guess at your response:

"I can only think it hilarious how you could become so irate at one person's opinion.  Maybe, you are frightened that you could be wrong and that CEDU was good for some people.  You're experience is not indicative of the majority's experience.  CEDU was a very positive experience for me and my son. Furthermore, you complain that I bellittle people and yet you constantly throw vulgar insults at me. It is clear that you are childish and immature. To answer the question of the holocaust site: Of course I would never go on to a holocaust site and downplay their experiences.  But, it's hysterical how you can compare your experiences at CEDU to the holocaust. It seems to me that it is you who wish to live in ignorance."

You are transparent and predictable.

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »
Very nicely done, it had me laughing, you are a clever writer.

But I am not a CEDU mole and I think you know it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »
Bryan,
Ottawa is definitely offensive with her insidious disregard for the abuses of CEDU and the pain it causes. Who knows if she is a mole, she is obviously a provocateur, so maybe we should just ignore her.

I think she enjoys your vitriolic posts because she rationalizes her defense of CEDU and can just write you off as an angry schmuck. Now, we all know that if someone is abused or raped or beaten, we would all have GREAT difficulty dealing with a person who said it never happened.  That is why many of us dislike Ottawa so much.

I've wasted a lot of words on her, someone who continually dismisses our issues and writes off our pertinent concerns.  

In any event, perhaps she would be ideally suited for the business of CON Ed...excuse me, ed con, for CEDU.

Offline Cypress

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »
"Look, you attitude, coming on all angry and frantic at me for no reason, is frustrating, and if you want to fight, I will try to ignore you when I can and take you on if I just can't ignore what you say. Although I'm pretty good at ignoring things, getting better all the time here, so you don't have to worry about too much interaction if you continue on as you have starated."

So Ottawa, you claim I have no basis for being "angry and frantic".  I think I stated pretty well in my initial post just why you tick me off.  Why must you continually discount my feelings?  Have you not learned a thing from your Cedu programming?

"If on the other hand, you want to communicate like an adult who is speaking to another adult who happens to have a differing opinion on a matter that is important to them both, I will always be willing to put the past behind and talk."

Please point out just what part of my dialogue is not "adult like".  Are adults not not prone to yelling when getting angry?  Do adults not use foul language? Please share with me exactly what makes for "adult" conversation so that I can be honored by your dialogue.  After all, this forum is all about you and rules that you deem appropriate.  I guess if the rest of us are going to participate we need to find out just what "agreements" we must follow so as to not offend you.

"just that you didn't approve of me and my son on the basis of information in some quite current posts."

Sorry, but when did I say that I don't approve of your son?  I would actually be delighted to have him onboard.  

And finally, I will ask again, simply because you suggest that I do so, why exactly are you here?  What are your motives?  Why do you feel that you fit in here?  I have read somewhere that you are studying psychology and are interested in starting your own program.  Is this correct?  If so, what do you gain by discounting our experiences?  How exactly does this method of yours gain you any insight into how to start your own program?

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »
Cypress,

Don't get me wrong, you sound like a fascinating character, in a number of ways which might or might not interest you, in your current frame of reference.

I just don't feel comfortable discussing anything else related to this forum with you publicly and will send you a private message.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My intentions
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »
Look, it's entirely possible that Ottawa5 is a real live Program parent. I know of a good many of them who, years and even decades later, are completely in denial about the whole affair.

My mother's a good example of that. To this day she'll go on and on about how wonderful the Program was, what a shame it got shut down and how it saved all of our lives. Never mind that all 6 of us kids moved out of state at the first opportunity, none of us would ever trust her unsuporvised w/ our own kids even for a weekend, or that the only one of us who still thinks the Program saved his life has been in and out of residential and outpatient rehab (drug, drink, gambling... you name it) a dozen or more times over the last 3 decades. In Mom's perfectly Programed little mind, none of that has anything at all to do w/ the (faith based) "fact" of the Program having saved us all from certain death by drug abuse.

I know of a couple of others, too, who have made silly public statements, harassed Program survivors, etc. and who's own kids never darken their door either.

Babylon in all its desolation is a sight not so awful as that of the human mind in ruins.
-- Scrope Davies: Letter to Thomas Raikes, May 25, 1835.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »
Then your one of the biggest pieces of shit a human being I've ever met!   Like I said, go find a holocaust survivor site.  I'm sure you'd get your sick thrills there.  God- I pray you never become a psychologist and I sincerely feel for anyone you attempt to help.  I pray for your continuing failure in that field and I hope one day you change and turn yourself into a human being .

Should we ignore her?

No!!  That's what CEDU wants.

Let us continue to show the world what a belittling, ignorant, disgusting human being she is and let her be representative for the time being of all that we hate in the CEDU mentality.  She is clearly a fucking mole whether or not she is aware of it or not!

While she continues to post the positive about CEDU- I'll continue to post the facts.

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »
Glad you think this is a joke.  I'm sure you are making a great impression.

A man never stood so tall as when he stooped to help a little child.

You ever heard that?

You are fucking sick!

We are standing up for the downtrodden and exploited and you choose to defend the other side.

What the hell is wrong with you?

What made you hate the wrong people?

Don't you have any humanity or compassion at all?

Of course not.  You will respond only to defend.

It is against your religion to ever admit you are wrong.

I know you are a mole and I know your story about your son is a bunch of bullshit.

With someone of your ethical standards anything is possible.

What the fuck is WRONG with you?

Offline Cypress

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 09:41:00 PM »
On 2004-07-27 18:21:00, ottawa5 wrote:

"Cypress,

Don't get me wrong, you sound like a fascinating character, in a number of ways which might or might not interest you, in your current frame of reference.

I just don't feel comfortable discussing anything else related to this forum with you publicly and will send you a private message. "

Well well well.  It would seem that you are throwing in the towel.  

I'm not sure if this means you will be leaving us altogether or just simply ignoring me. But I have news for you Ottawa.  As long as you continue to post on this forum I will continue to question your motivation.  

And, once again, you have failed to acknowledge any of the points made in my previous post. You claim to not feel "comfortable" discussing anything forum related with me.  Just why is that?  It would appear that you are either running in fear, (which I sincerely hope is not the case) or you are just not equipped to respond to a person who will not be intimidated by your techniques.

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 09:59:00 PM »
Cypress-- I am trying to be judicious in my approach, and also genuine, not always an easy balance.  

Let me say something, one thing at least, though.  The reason that I thought you were slamming my son was some comment you made in your initial post about the fact that you would not stand by (or something of that nature) and hear about his success.

Maybe I am wrong, it was not a slam, maybe you just didn't want to hear it. But his experience was real, my experience is real, and if a thousand people tell me it wasn't, it won't matter, our own experiences are true.
No one will take them away from us.

In my son's case, it is easier. His total current focus is going forward with his life, the whole CEDU experience was like something that launched him into his life as it is now, and he cares little about analysing how it happened. He is just grateful, and successful in personal and academic ways, and the best child a mother could have.

I want to recreate that experience for other people and so I must take on the burden of de-constructing how it happened.  Whether you believe it or not, that is at the base of my motives of posting here.  And part of that is understanding what has not worked for others (letting kids with certain diagnoses into emotional growth programs, for example).

That is the reason for my questions, again, whether you believe it or not.

Offline Cypress

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 10:11:00 PM »
Ottawa,

In response to your private message...

Who the fuck are you to question my mental well being.  Yes, I currently visit a psychiatrist. Monthly, for meds checks. How dare you patronize me with your new "concerned" attitude.  If you are so concerned with how a little conflict in my life might affect my mental well being how the fuck did you expect your son to deal with all the Cedu confrontation he would have to face when you placed him in the program?

I will not sit back and let you even begin to discriminate against me because of any illness I have, be it mental or physical.  And by using your "kid gloves" approach with me you are doing just that, discriminating.  I didn't ask for differential treatment and I will not tolerate differential treatment.

Offline Cypress

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »
On 2004-07-26 17:09:00, Cypress wrote:

...You have NOT been there like we have.  You will NEVER know what we have been through.  You have NEVER had your dignity ripped from you in the way we have.  I will NOT sit here and listen to how well your son did or did not do at Cedu.  How the Hell do you know?  YOU WERE NOT THERE.  If your son wishes to join our dialogue, I strongly encourage his participation...  

Ottawa,

Here is my comment to you regarding your son.  You will notice that I have no problem hearing your son's story.  I even encouraged his participation.  I do have a problem with hearing your son's story as told through you. To you this may seem to be splitting hairs, but to me there is a huge difference between the story you tell and the story your son has to tell.

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »
Cypress--There is really no reason to strike attitudes--how about just assuming I am sincere, you can always change your mind about that, at your own discretion, later on.

And I have to ask: why have you even addressed me again today, with the attitude, the hostility, you could just ignore me, if the quality of your current posts is all the interest you have in any kind of meeting of minds. I said that I'd ignore you, stay away from you, and yet you sought me out again. But I'll try to answer some of your questions anyway, and hope things become clearer.

In terms of my experience with the school, I really was not too concerned about how my son would deal with confrontation for two simple reasons: for one thing, I knew nothing about psychological issues at that point, so I didn't know enough about it to have an opinion (kind of ignorant bliss, I guess), and for another reason, I was sort of instinctually aware that he was one tough kid who was pretty oppositional.

What would you have me say: the truth is that we both learned whole dimensions of living through our CEDU experiences.  

The facts are that, post-CEDu, my whole family is happier than ever. For myself, I have a clear vision of what I want to do with the rest of my life and that vision is directly related to my CEDU experiences.

So of course, after having such a good experience, I would like to share it with others. Let me say it as clearly as I can: I am aware that not every other person had the same good experience that I had---I would like to understand why that is.  

When I say that, all I often hear is that I must be brainwashed, my son must be brainwashed, I am a CEDU mole, my son is a coward, and on and on.

None of that is true but I do realize that these programs do not work for a lot of people.  I would like to make sense of that reality.

That's all.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »
Thought you were leaving never to return?  Aren't you supposed to be on your way to fantasy land?