Author Topic: My intentions  (Read 16014 times)

Offline Cypress

• View Profile
My intentions
« on: July 26, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »
Hi all!

It's been awhile since I've posted.  Let me introduce myself to those of you who may not know who I am.  While I go by the nick Cypress on this board my mother bestowed upon me the name Sara at my birth.  I attended a Cedu offspring program many moons ago.  Just two short years ago (Ginger, check me if I'm wrong with the dates) I attended the "annual" conference in St. Pete's, FL.  It was at that conference that I introduced Cedu to the likes of "GregFL" and "KPickle".  I found out about this conference from the Straight Board.  You see, back then, Cedu didn't yet have a home on the Fornits site.  Cedu wasnt even heard of until I meekly began to post.  This group of people opened there arms wide and took me in.  Not only did they listen to what I had to say but they made me feel welcome.  It was after the conference in St. Pete's that the Cedu board was started on the  Fornits site.  I started as its moderator from the very beginning.  Way back then, when I was the ONLY person onboard.  And I waited.  I knew eventually people would show up and begin sharing their stories.  And gradually that is just what happened.  We may not be as large or have as many participants as the Straight board but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and let my haven turn into nothing more than a useless Rap.  

When this forum started, it was with the hopes of creating a welcoming environment for former students to feel safe in sharing their stories, good or bad.  I desperately wanted to hook up not only with past friends but with other students  who shared in the Cedu experience.  

Quite honestly Ottowa, I could do without the likes of you.  You have NOT been there like we have.  You will NEVER know what we have been through.  You have NEVER had your dignity ripped from you in the way we have.  I will NOT sit here and listen to how well your son did or did not do at Cedu.  How the Hell do you know?  YOU WERE NOT THERE.  If your son wishes to join our dialogue, I strongly encourage his participation.  But in my eyes you are NOTHING more than a parent who gave up on her child.  YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.  I may not be the current moderator of this board but I feel I have the right, as its founder, to tell you to go to hell.  You have voiced your opinion, we have heard.  We spent too many years of our existence being force fed what is "acceptable".  It is finally our turn to tell you to fuck off!  We don't have to take it anymore.  You can not put us on bans.  You can not assign dishes. We don't have to be polite to you out of fear.  If you come to OUR board then you come under OUR rules.  If you don't like it, then leave.  Let me show you the door. :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »
Hey Lady!. Long time no speak. Your forum here has grown into something to be proud of. I remember first asking you to be the moderator and first meeting you, and of learning that CEDU trumped Art Barker as the first tyrant to take the synanons techniques and use them against teenagers.

Great job you have done....Keep up the good work. This forum is progressing very well.

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »
To Cypress--I had to say a word because your comments astound me. Just calm down, you say you aren't afraid of this and that, but you sound hysterical with fear to me.  

What can I really do to you--be rational about it--and then explore why you would have a hissy-fit like the one your post represents because someone had an opinion other than yours.

If the person in charge of the site e-mails me and tells me not to post, I won't, but otherwise, I will do so, if, when, and how I wish to.

Are you so frightened of a little disagreement---how do you manage in your day-to-day life? This is a rhetorical question, I don't expect an answer. It doesn't sound like a coherent one is likely either, and probably I should have just ignored your rant, but it had such a pathos to it, I had to say something. You don't need to get so upset.

I'll post when I want to post, bottom line, I am not frightened by you, and you shouldn't be so frightened by me. Do you really think that a fully functioning adult person is going to cring because you or like-minded people throw a few mindless insults her way?  But go ahead and make yourself look small if you want to. Cute green smiley-face and all.

Again, if the moderator or owner thinks the site can't handle opposing views like mine, let's say so publicly, just have someone in authority contact me and I am gone.

Look, you attitude, coming on all angry and frantic at me for no reason, is frustrating, and if you want to fight, I will try to ignore you when I can and take you on if I just can't ignore what you say.  Although I'm pretty good at ignoring things, getting better all the time here, so you don't have to worry about too much interaction if you continue on as you have starated.

If on the other hand, you want to communicate like an adult who is speaking to another adult who happens to have a differing opinion on a matter that is important to them both, I will always be willing to put the past behind and talk. That goes, by the way, for anyone who I have quarrelled with, here or elsewhere  and who wants to to sincerely try for a new beginning.  It is, as I say, what adults who are acting like real human beings, usually  at least try to do.

[ This Message was edited by: ottawa5 on 2004-07-27 06:52 ]

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »
Ottawa- by all means stay.  Now, your good for a laugh!  How easily you transformed from clinical, sterile superior  "self-designated Fornits wannabe psychologist" to superbitch.  Your true intentions are quite clear now.  Either you accept our idea and therefore you are a failure as a parent, or we accept your idea and we are failures as human beings.  Sorry, but the evidence shows you are in the wrong.

Offline Cypress

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 06:58:00 AM »
Dearest Ottawa,
Good try, but I'm afraid your post will not silence me.  My my how you sound like a family head trying to feed me a line of crap about how I'm feeling.  Sorry to burst your little bubble dear O but I'm afraid there is nothing hysterical about me.  I'm merely expressing an opinion that is different than yours.  Does that qualify me for your hysteria diagnosis? Hmm. Exactly when did you graduate with your psych degree?  Where did you study?  What advanced degrees do you hold?  If you are going to try and diagnose my behavior kindly provide me with credentials.  Currently I am working with a psychiatrist who has thirty years of practice experience, a graduate of NYU with further study at the likes of Yale.  But truly, dearest O, if you feel you are more qualified to treat me, perhaps I should come for an initial evaluation.  Where exactly is your office located?  You hold a medical license in what state?  

I note that you completely failed to acknowledge anything I had to say in my previous post.  How typical of a program parent.  Attack my "hysteria" without acknowledging a thing I had to say.  Perhaps that is because you have no response?  After all, you can not argue with the fact that you have NEVER BEEN THERE.  

But alas, I think I am wrong.  I think you have been there.  I believe now, with stronger conviction than last night, that you are indeed a Cedu plant.  After all, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...You use classic Cedu techniques.  Attack Attack Attack.  As I stated before, I will not be silenced out of fear or intimidation.  And yes, dear O, intimidation is just your ploy.  But you see, I am much stronger than you realize.  

And coming back to a question that has been asked over and over and not yet responded to truthfully.  Why the fuck are you here?  This is a board for those directly connected with Cedu.  As I see it, that would not be a you as a parent (if we are to believe that little lie). If you do in fact work at Cedu it's time to come out of the closet.  At least then you will have a legitimate purpose in posting.

I've offered it once, and I'll offer it again.  See that little x in the top right hand corner of your monitor?  That's the door out.  Kindly use it.  :wave:

Offline Cypress

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »
Greg! Great to hear from you.  Thanks for your words of encouragment.  For the most part I think this board is heading in the right direction.  I'd love to see more students post but alas I believe that they are scared away by the likes of Ottawa.  After all, we've already been through the program, who really wants it shoved down our throats again by a program "plant".  I can only hope that she will get bored and move on over to the strugglingteens website where she would find a most welcome home.  It just angers me.  They have their board (strugglingteens) where we are not allowed to express opinions and yet they can wander over here and shit all over us and we have to just sit back and take it.  I for one don't want to see this board turned into a censored pile of crap so I guess we have to just take Ottawa for now until she decides to move on.  You know, show that we are "bigger" than they are.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »
Don't get frustrated by her, Cypress.

Just so you know, Ottawa, Fornits is owned and operated as a public service by Ginger and I help her where I can, such as here describing the forum's position. Fornits is largely unmoderated for content. Each individual moderator sets the rules for each forum, and most have none. One of the few exceptions is the Seed discussion forum which I moderate, and my only rule is no personal attacks. Opinions are encouraged. On most fornits sites, you are free to post whatever you want, including personal attacks, including vile language, including tasteless comments. This is for a reason, unmoderated forums have a way of making sense out of a hodgepodge of ideas and opinions. When these thoughts are restricted, it becomes a one sided club, not a forum.

Just because your posts are accepted, please realize  those that feel they were abused in "treatment" don't often take defense of their abuser  lightly and you may not be treated kindly. This is the facts of an unmoderated forum with a topic such as a treatment center.

Welcome to fornits, all, and everyone make this forum great! This is where you will learn what really happened to you, find like minded people, discover new ideas and you will have a window into the mind of those that are oppositional to your  conclusions.  

Have fun.

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »
Cypress---Reason for my quick response now is that a friend who watches the site told me this AM to say that my post to you last evening was a little harsh.

Puzzled by the remark, I checked the post and found that somehow I had deleted the last paragraph, which I have entered now--the jist of it is that, notwithstanding your present attitude, I would be glad to speak with you reasonably about your experiences, if you decide that you want to.

No time for more now, but to touch on your queries, I am a student, not an independently practicing clinician yet, I am not at the site as a therapist, I am here as  a person who may want to develop a behavioral/educational program of her own someday, looking for info.

Sometimes the ranting does get me frustrated, though I have never gotten so cranky and rude as any number of others--but as a general principle, if ever someone who has acted like a jerk in the past wants to try for a meaningful interaction, it's easy for me to put such feelings aside and move on when others are willing to try to be civil.

No time now to address your "why are you here?" question further than that--if you really want to know, ask again later--and, no, sorry, the green smily-face will not convince me to leave it I wish to be here.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
My intentions
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »
I'm so incredibly sick of people asking others where they got their degrees in order to validate the person's thoughts.
it's not about academia, it's about being able to observe other humans.  it's sad how many phds and mds there are out there that have no idea how to help their patients.  
it takes a hell of a lot more than just a degree; it takes knowledge through observation and a creative mind.  i'm an artist who sits around watching people all day to observe their behaviors; i think that makes me more credible than some jackass who went through the motions of college to get a little piece of paper that tells the werld that they are ready to practice psychology, even though their studies didn't really teach them all of what they needed to know.
we value degrees far too much.  societal programming's a bitch... i can teach myself better than any 4 year college program can teach me.. especially because i know precisely what i want to learn; a professor teaches me what s/he wants me to learn.  i'm sick of having to jump through these stupid academic hoops... i'm not a circus side-show, goddamnit.
ok, i'm done ranting now.
thanks.[ This Message was edited by: mikehunt on 2004-07-27 09:23 ]
aura solomon

Offline Cypress

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »
On 2004-07-27 09:21:00, mikehunt wrote:

"I'm so incredibly sick of people asking others where they got their degrees in order to validate the person's thoughts.

Mike,

I respectfully disagree with you on this point.  A degree can go a long way when it comes to being able to evaluate and diagnose an individual.  Cedu is a prime example of such.  These were inexperienced and uncredentialed individuals foolishly applying "therapeutic" models.  It didn't work at Cedu and it most definately won't work on this board.  While I understand your frustration, I will not be subjected to being labeled "hysteric" by a perfect stranger.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »
you have a friend who watches this site?  for what?  so obviously, a Cedu plant.  i hope they fuck your head up as bad as they did our's.  that's what you deserve.

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »
To Cypress:

Now I get what was bothering you about my post that initially answered yours. When I said "hysterical" I was using the word only as it is used in common parlance, as a way of describing someone who is letting him or herself reach a pinnacle of being worked up emotionally--a colloquialism that is often loosely used that way.  

You apparently thought I was trying diagnose you, something I never could and would do to anyone on the basis of an internet forum discussion, and in any event, I am here, as I say, as a parent and an individual who is learning things about a program, not as a clinician or a clinician in training.

I did not know that you were thinking of me as someone who is studying psychology--if that awareness was in your post, I missed it, and since I had never heard of you before, I did not even consider that you might have been investigating me in any depth, just that you didn't approve of me and my son on the basis of information in some quite current posts.

Following up on my brief post to you this AM, I have had a chance now to read several things you have written and to know a little about you, and on reflection, I am not comfortable with being involved in any viturperative give-and-take with you, it isn't likely to do much good and it certainly isn't going to be of much value to me.  

Say you win, if you like, I just think it's the best way to go. I'll be at the site when I wish to be, but you can just react or leave me alone, at your own option, with no concern about retaliation,

The way I leave it: as always, if you want to have a civil conversation in which reasonable people can disagree, I would be more than happy to interact with you--just let me know--yes, I understand, don't hold my breath, but you never know what the future will bring.  

The only other time I am going to address you directly, unless you are asking me a pointed question that bears addressing, is if you are just straight-out wrong about something factual (not opinion, but factual, like how many pints in a quart) and it is leading to a confused forum discussion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »
where the good Lord split ya!!!!! Buh bye.. :rofl:

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »
Ottawa is a CEDU mole guys!  C'mon now it's just so obvious!!

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
My intentions
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »
Ottawa is a CEDU mole guys!  C'mon now it's just so obvious!!  There is no son who attended RMA.  She's full of shit!  It's fucking hysterical!