Author Topic: I can not believe they get away with that...  (Read 2934 times)

Offline acurry

• View Profile
I can not believe they get away with that...
« on: July 23, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »
That is insane.  Provo was not that bad.  We had to stand for 25 min intervals, but for the most part we were never hit.  
One time a girl passed out and broke her jaw, but for the most part the abuse was far more mental than physical.
Sometimes the takedowns were pretty bad, but we were never allowed to hit one another.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »
There use to be a boxing ring which was made from all the kids standing in a circle "the ring". From my understanding, the kid who got in trouble would have to fight bigger kids until they came clean with their wrongdoings. I am sure I will be corrected by someone who knows better than myself. Artmann can most likely shed some light on this one for you. They do this no more. They do restrain violent kids as needed, but no one gets hit. They get verbal repremands which seem very cruel. I know I wouldn't get into trouble if that were going to happen to me! I watched one when I was visiting my son. They put the offender in the front of the room and all the kids scream, swear and say degrading things to them. I guess it is to deter you from doing  bad things in the first place. I don't like it, I think it is horrible. So mabe this is why they do it. It would keep me in line, I would cry like a baby! ::crybaby::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 02:42:00 AM »
The ring exsisted, but wasnt a means to coerce a confesion of wrong doings. It was more or less used to give you a boxing-glove asskicking for either being a physical threat to someone, or assaulting someone. I went into the ring a few times, once for throwing a dinner roll at someone.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »
On 2004-07-23 22:49:00, Llahsram wrote:

"There use to be a boxing ring which was made from all the kids standing in a circle "the ring". From my understanding, the kid who got in trouble would have to fight bigger kids until they came clean with their wrongdoings. I am sure I will be corrected by someone who knows better than myself. Artmann can most likely shed some light on this one for you. They do this no more. They do restrain violent kids as needed, but no one gets hit. They get verbal repremands which seem very cruel. I know I wouldn't get into trouble if that were going to happen to me! I watched one when I was visiting my son. They put the offender in the front of the room and all the kids scream, swear and say degrading things to them. I guess it is to deter you from doing  bad things in the first place. I don't like it, I think it is horrible. So mabe this is why they do it. It would keep me in line, I would cry like a baby! ::crybaby:: "

So I take it that you enrolled your son in Elan? If you think the verbal reprimand is so cruel why don't you pull your son out of Elan? Elan is a bull shit scam, the only way people change their ways are by choice.

We don't need Elan to help us change our ways, what a fuckin waste of money, Elan should be shut down for good.

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 12:05:00 AM »
If you have the courage to tell me who you are, I'll let you know  why my son is there. Otherwise MYOB! ::deal::

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »
Hey Art, I liked that joke about the rain. ::rocker::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 07:31:00 AM »
On 2004-07-25 21:05:00, Llahsram wrote:

"If you have the courage to tell me who you are, I'll let you know  why my son is there. Otherwise MYOB! ::deal:: "

Your son is there because your an idiot, you dont need to tell me that.

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »
Why the attack? Did I offend you :question:   ::mecry::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »
I'm not that anon, but speaking for myself I find you incredibly offensive.  I think it's offensive to send your children away to be "fixed".  Especially when it's highly likely that there is either nothing wrong with them or if there is....YOU are responsible and now you're sending him away for someone else to clean up your mess.  That I find VERY offensive.

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »
Thats a general meeting not a vr. Vr's are dealing crews usually with 4 ppl yelling while sitting, and no swearing or personal feelings.  So they let parents see GM's now?  They hid them when parents visited when I was there.

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »
P.S. Pull your son out