Author Topic: Anyone on these sites from the East Coast?  (Read 9388 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone on these sites from the East Coast?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 12:56:00 AM »
You are remarkably self-possessed and articulate. I'm glad you are doing well now; you seem like you are totally aware of the the program's BS. That's pretty impressive for a kid who went in so young.  I just squelched it for the longest time.  I'm sorry to hear about your father. It sucks no matter what the dynamics are.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

Currently,  I am living in Cambridge, MA and  The Upper West Side in NY.

Thank the Goddess for the $10 Chinatown bus.

I would be thrilled to have coffee with someone who went to RMA.   I am a bit worried that just the act of talking with someone about RMA might bring up parts of my life that I would rather not remember,   but maybe that'll help me get out of my current rut.   Plus,   I want to hear about what you remember, and how you made the transition back to 'real' life.

Please drop me an e-mail at Sarah at MA2002 dot COM.  My email box tends to get a bit clogged, so it would be great if you could mention RMA in the subject heading.

Sarah
RMA 85-87

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »
i'm from frederick, Maryland, and i went to BCA from nov 2000 to may 2003.and life does go on...

Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »
rma grad from 1990 lived in b'lyn last and now am in ...
I would very much like to talk to any graduates of similar schools in my area. Help me find one and I'll be very thankful.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
West Village, NYC...HAHAHAHA the Chinatown bus.  I took it once to visit my cousin at Emerson.  Good times.  Not that I make a point of visiting with old CEDU people, but anyone in the NYC area that made it through the program is a friend of mine, no matter how detached I might be from Idaho at this point (it's the porkchop-shaped one, right?)  At any rate, you can reach me at [email protected].  Keep it good...

Hank, NYC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »
I will write to your Mac address.
I want to add to whoever does read this how pleased I am that people are getting to this site and posting. Meeting with eachother is GREAT. I would personally be scared shitless to meet any of you whackjobs  ::bandit::
Question: Do people think that it's a good idea to contact people they know or know of from their time as students?  I have been looking through all of the cards I received from graduating and am one step away from contacting those whose information I have and doing something to find people I want to talk to whose information I do not have.
How would you feel about receiving an unsolicited invitation to talk about your experience at RMA or fill in the fucking blank?
Would it make a difference if you were friends or acquaintances with sender?
I personally would prefer to meet with someone who went to CEDU since I wouldn't know them, but I could be confident the program was close to the same (or CEDU and RMA!- Ben Vencil are you out there? or those pretty Conway? twins who were at CEDU/RMA at the same time! Whose parents must have been on crack?). That would be my ideal first meeting. But getting into all this stuff IS hard. We NEED to rely on eachother for strength and support. Contacts should be made even though it's uncomfortable. Keep the faith, and keep posting, it helps ME more than YOU know. The whole lot o' ya!
-blownaway
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
Hey, what's your name and which school did you go to?  

Hank, BCA 99-01

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »
Hey my yahoo e-mail is [email protected] if anyone wants to send a message.

Blown: I understand how you feel about meeting with other people in the program. Mixed bag. Anyway, if you think it will help to call someone from CEDU/RMA, do it.  I think it's always good to have one good friend who went through an intense experience with you who can relate.  The only proviso is to understand they may be pro-CEDU and this is painful for someone to hear if it was damaging to them.

On another site, a girl contacted me about CEDU and asked me what I thought. I listed very specifically, all my problems with the program.  She said it was the best thing that ever happened to her (in spite of the fact that it took her YEARS AND YEARS after the program to get her shit together.)  I couldn't relate. I very sincerely asked her what was so great about it, and she had ZIP to say.  Not one thing.

--shanlea
hanlea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »
Who are you I went to cms in early 2000 also whats your sn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »
Thank you Shanlea, I am at the point where I am torn. In fact, there are people whom I know that have already found me through a different site. I have yet to contact any of them back but am in process of composing some emails to some of you. I feel funny saying that I'm not "pro-CEDU", which I guess I clearly am...It's just the idea that we really could change the whole world...I know it's true but they set me back from a leadership perspective. I just know that when I learn to use this terrible gift that I was so (un)lucky to receive, with what I have learned for MYSELF, that I will finally be what I want, but for now it is identifying the different things that is proving difficult for me. Gotta lot I wanna post so 'ats all for now.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Tinkerbell

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »
I am from florida went to BCA in 2001-2002.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »
i graduated from CEDU ms in early 2000, i probably know you.

Offline Devichic5

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »
I go to a boarding school out in the east coast

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
i am from atlanta georgia

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
On 2004-08-05 07:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Currently,  I am living in Cambridge, MA and  The Upper West Side in NY.

Thank the Goddess for the $10 Chinatown bus.

I would be thrilled to have coffee with someone who went to RMA.   I am a bit worried that just the act of talking with someone about RMA might bring up parts of my life that I would rather not remember,   but maybe that'll help me get out of my current rut.   Plus,   I want to hear about what you remember, and how you made the transition back to 'real' life.

Please drop me an e-mail at Sarah at MA2002 dot COM.  My email box tends to get a bit clogged, so it would be great if you could mention RMA in the subject heading.

Sarah
RMA 85-87
"

I'm from Cambridge too! Live over by Harvard when I'm not out here at school in Malibu. That $10 Chinatown Bus is the shit. If it weren't for that bus, I think to this day I still wouldn't have stepped foot in New York. Yankees suck.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...