Author Topic: VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY JAY FLORIDA  (Read 115574 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY JAY FLORIDA
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
I knew Christina pappas when I was there, when I left she was still there.

Christine Gagne
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »
I forgot to mention that was in the year 2004

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 12, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
I went to VCA when heather nunnez was there

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 13, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »
I don't know who I'm typin to,   :question:    but I'm gonna type anywayz, how u ppl dewin. :silly:  holla.  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 13, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »
hey, what's goin on between you and that girl you call chubby?  :question:. I know it's none of my business, but you seem like you don't like her... :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2005, 03:08:00 AM »
please, tell me if you were helped when you were there...  I understand it is now called Lighthouse Christian Academy in Jay Flordia.  Please answer - as soon as you can ...  this place was recommended to us and our granddaughter was sent there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 17, 2005, 03:24:00 AM »
Iam considering sending my daughter to this place. Is it worth it? :eek:

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »
It's not only a waste of money, but it's like paying to emotionally scar your child forever.  Every single girl I have talked to since leaving got into stuff ten times worse when they came out than when they went in.  

Also, there is no state regulation, so there is no one to make sure your child is not being abused.  They read all the letters coming in and going out, so your daughter will not be able to tell you if anything bad is going on.  And believe me, stuff goes on there.  When you have a bunch of adult males whose calling in life is to minister to teenaged girls, be very wary.  The calling came after their wives got old and unattractive.

Check out isaccorp.org for more information.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 17, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »
Would you send your child to hell? :evil:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »
Were you in Jay FL.?   I am very concerned.  My granddaughter was sent there.  Then we accidentally came across the forum you posted on.  My gd is at a place where Rev. R. Cookston is the principal.  Was he your principal?

Please let me know if this is the same place as VCA that all the bad things are posted about?  Some of the posts indicate they are one and the same.

any information you can send will be helpful.  My gd is only 14.

thank you

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »
They are one and the same.  The Cookstons sent their daughter there when I attended the school.  They sent her there because she is gay.  The program didn't work on her.  She's still gay, and her parents have disowned her.  (Which should show how little they care about their own flesh and blood.)  But I hear that they still tell people she is a success story.  She was a staff member for a while, but she had to leave after carrying on several inappropriate relationships with the girls under her care.  I was one of them.  I was humiliated into not telling my parents what had happened.  They told me that my parents would be disgusted and think that I was gay.  After what happened to me, they actually invited her back when I went home.  As for the Cookstons, they are freaks who got married at age 12.  Their daughter, the one who is gay, told me that her uncle raped her repeatedly when she was younger and her parents wouldn't do anything about it.  Those are the people that are in charge of your granddaughter.  If they wouldn't even help their own daughter when she was raped, do you think they'll care about your granddaughter?  

I was also there when Michael Palmer raped my friend Rebecca.  He has been taken off the official VCA staff member and ownership list, but don't be fooled.  He and his wife operate under the name Good Samaritans of Northwest Florida.  They supposedly offer "counseling services" to religious schools.  This is a way for them to work at VCA (Lighthouse) without being listed as working there.  There was a lot of publicity surrounding Rebecca's rape and many parents pulled their daughters out of the school.  Now they have changed their name (to Lighthouse) and don't list Palmer as the owner.  

Your granddaughter will start writing letters home saying that she is doing well, loves Jesus, etc., etc.  This is because if you write anything bad about the school, they will punish you and make you write it over.  Trust me, she is not fine.  She is trying to survive.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 17, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »
P.S.

I have an online support group for former students of VCA and the affiliated schools.  I have asked some of the girls to post here for your information.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 17, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »
Yes.   VCA is known as lighthouse Christian now. It is the same place Bro Cookston is at.  I was a student there twice around 97.  I was a very rebellious teen and needed help, but not the stuff they shell out.
I am now 23 and married with children. VCA has left me with nightmares about being sent back and a very confused relationship with God.   I urge you to help your gd.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 17, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »
Get her out! I was put there at 14, I mean I dont know what she did or how they got her in and by all means it could maybe some how help a girl out in some demented kind of what doesnt kill us makes us stronger kind of way but really, GET HER OUT and do it fast. I dont think that its bad to learn religion or to have rules and even a little strict but what you leave with is alot more baggage and issues then what you go in with. I was there a year, 92 - 93. I'm an adult now and have let go of many things but still have never understood or agreed with the choice of putting me there. I was told I would understand why they did it when I grew up. VCA resulted (in what I believe) me having no selfesteem, no social skills, no ability to trust, not to mention all opportunities I lost due to those issues. Please, help your granddaughter, please do whatever you can but dont let her sit and slowly loose herself and turn into nothing. It takes years to get some of it back, some never comes back. I speak only for me but for me I still fight with the feelings of worthlessness, abandonment, depression and feeling utterly stupid.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 17, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »
Feeling totally stupid. That's not just you. Paces. What the heck. They were about learning religon and nothing else. When I got home and into my senior yr of highschool I was completely lost. I didn't know anything and felt so far behind I ended up getting a GED.  
So now I feel nothing about God and I have diploma.