Author Topic: Springfield VA 1990 Clients and Staff  (Read 6913 times)

Offline Triangle Choke

• View Profile
Springfield VA 1990 Clients and Staff
« on: July 10, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »
Anyone at this wharehouse during that time period?  I was 16/17 then with blonde hair and blue eyes.  My name is Ken.  They stopped the motivating arm flapping bullshit soon after I got there.  

I wouldn't be surprised if staff members don't frequent this site or sites like this. I can only rember several of their names.  

Craig-  Tall caucasian male 6'1, had been on the Oprah Winfrey show with his mother as a success story.  Closet Homosexual.

Mark- Black guy short 5'9 from Maryland.

Clients names I remember:  

Eric- 18 or 19 mother lived in Georgetowne father was from New Zealand.

Matt Whitacker-  mother was from Wheaton MD, he was bi-racial. Don't like you.

Heather Mcdowell/Mcdougell- Your crazy parents were from the same town and church as mine and intrdoced them to Straight...thanks!!

Bryce-  from PA.....now deceased....suicide

Ken S-  from VA got there the same day as me...he was a gang banger...liked this kid alot!

Danny- Italian short kid had been in program for a long while cop'd out like 3 or 4 times.

Eric Winsel-  From Springfield VA, fat chubby kid mother lived in APT complex down the street from Straight. Mom named Carla she was a big fat bitch wanted more money from my parents for me staying at he roach infested apt....

Tim- Balding was an extra in dead poets society and was picked on mercilessly for sexual issues.

Khazema Quamrudin-  Cool guy

Can't remember anymore for now will add more as I think of more.  Staight is it .....Straight is it!

[ This Message was edited by: Triangle Choke on 2004-07-12 18:28 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Peacepupppy

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »
When they stopped the motivating did they just come in and make an announcement and then right away they stopped?  Did they explain why? Did some people still do it out of habit and get in trouble?  I wish we didn't do that shit when I was in there '82-'84. I think it caused me neck problems.

-C

Offline Triangle Choke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »
Yes they made an announcement that it needed to stop immeadiately.  They cited health depatment regulations or rulings. It took a few weeks for some people to break the habit. I somewhat missed it because it was one of the only things  external to my own thoughts that made me genuinely smile on the inside.  I loved the way some people looked when they did it like angry retards.

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 01:08:00 AM »
They did the same thing in Dallas in december of 1989...that is one of my better memories.. Ms. Petito (ex staff) came in and stopped group and said  "no more motivating...health dept says its bad for you.." like they gave a shit...lol I have arthritis in my shoulders now and they pop constantly...because of that bullshit.
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »
On 2004-07-11 18:25:00, Peacepupppy wrote:

"When they stopped the motivating did they just come in and make an announcement and then right away they stopped?  Did they explain why? Did some people still do it out of habit and get in trouble?  I wish we didn't do that shit when I was in there '82-'84. I think it caused me neck problems.

-C "

Me too ....(after thought- when they stopped the motivating everyone started like shaking theirhand and going "ooh oooh oooh" when they wanted to get called on." they couldnt just raise their fucking hand..

And the funny part is noone ever really wanted to get called on..
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »
>>And the funny part is noone ever really wanted to get called on.. <<

That is SOO true! I remember watching people squiggle and freak out all over the place with their arms, then get called on, stand up... And be completely blank, with nothing to say.

I NEVER wanted to get called on. But of course, we all had to pretend that it's all we lived for.

Offline Triangle Choke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »
Actually, I rember there were always a couple of people that always wanted to get called on.  Part of working your way up in the program, at least from 1st phase, was directly related to your participation in sessions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »
I graduated from Springfield in 89 and was on staff with mark and craig.  i hung out with sarah and vickie and glenn and shane and trevor and a few others until i drank again.  we were so clueless about how to relate to each other and to the world after that crazy place.  i  went to another rehab and let go of all ties to straight.

my name is elizabeth huey.  

have you kept in contact with anyone?

Offline Scott D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »
Hey Elizabeth,
I remember you....you were on staff when I graduated in Nov of 89. I often wondered about you and many other people and how you were doing. I am still real good friends with Aaron Cohen and get together often. I stayed in contact with Jessica Friday on and off for years, but she just never was able to stay off the shit. It finally caught up with her in April and killed her. Sad.I hope all is going well with you. Give me a shout if you wish, would love to chat.
Scott Davis

Offline ginabobina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »
Hey Elizabeth I remember you...I hope your doing well. If you want to contact me feel free....  

[email protected]

Gina Yetter (Fenner)

Offline Slifer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »
Yeah man, I was there. This is the first I'm able to communicate with anyone else since thats been there. Mark Glover is one of the bastards you're refering to. I watched this cat go from 4th phase to being a staff member, stayed at his house when he was still a client. He's the only guy I'd still really like to kick his ass. I was there from 89' to 90', 4 days short of a year. I think they stopped, yeah, they did, motivating only a few weeks before I got withdrawn. It was funny, the staff still encouraged motivation, but a little too much you got scolded. I never really got off 1st phase the whole time 'cause nobody believed my drug list. Hell, I smoked pot for 6 months prior to going in and drank even less. I was 16, in 10th grade and played in a band. Pretty freakin normal shit. I remember Glenn, he was an asshole. Always bragging about his fish tank. I had kinda looked up to the main head honcho though, can't remember his name, but the big black guy, big time administrator. Do you remember Jonothan Dupree? Mike, uh, christ, he copped out more than anyone. Andy white? Well, I'm Tom Marshall. They called me jumpin' man for a while cause I jumped out a 3 story window when I escaped. I think I was the only one in my time there never to get restrained. I think that pissed them off more than anything, cause I never advanced either, so they took me on bomb squads. Everything toned down around the time motivation stopped. Lots of cases of infetigo. Well hell, Later bro...

Tom[ This Message was edited by: Slifer on 2004-07-31 18:38 ]

Offline the inmatte

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »
hey what's up backlick rd. peoples.
I believe I remember all of you with
some haze that I came to know with that
shit from the hardee's across the street.
I'm matt from va beach.Wher'nt you (Heuy)
involved in getting kyle & spenc in ?
what ever , It's all water what's up yall?

Offline Scott D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »
Matt from Va. Beach? I am sure I know you as I was in with all these people.

Offline ginabobina

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »
Its amazing how as you go along on these boards memories keep popping up...Not sure if its good or bad....
G

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »
hey matt,

not sure which matt this is??  

please don't place blame on me for the imprisonment of anyone.   i barely knew kyle and spencer before rehab.  my brainwashed parents ran in the same social circle with their parents. maybe some whack staff member asked if i went to a party with them.  ? can't rember.  Haze is a good word for that time.

I'm sure they my parental  units did there part in coercing their parents into the straight institution just like other parents shared with my mom and dad the "glorious benefits" of locking your over-emontional, dramatically intuitive, rebellious kids up.

anyway backlick buddy who specifically are you?