Author Topic: Names of people I remember, Straight VA '85  (Read 17062 times)

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Names of people I remember, Straight VA '85
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2004, 02:40:00 AM »
Anonymous
:wstupid: You sound rather idiotic yourself.   Now you have lowered yourself to name calling.  Unbelievable.  Grow up. At least have the guts to identify yourself if you are going to start throwing around insults.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »
I just wish you had chosen another way to remember me. What a surprise to Google my name and find it here. I have never denied being in Straight nor am I ashamed of it, but to have you be the one to effectively announce it to the whole World Wide Web - well, that's another story. Would you disagree that it's up to me to discuss what happened to me as a minor?

To the webmaster/moderator of this forum - I would very much appreicate, on behalf of every name listed herein, if you would either remove it completely or, as someone else has suggested, removing the last names of the people on the list.

Thank you for your consideration.

I, for the time being, choose to remain Anonymous

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »
I've got to agree - the last names should be taken off - that's just not right or fair to those who for whatever reason wish to keep what's private - private

Never mind the confidentiality or whatever - it's just the decency of respecting the code of those in recovery -

I think you should reconsider your stance and take off last names

Now c'mon - let's have a song - love ya group!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »
Ok, I haven't read this whole thread. I got a complaint from one of the folks who's name is listed in the original post. Since the original anon poster asks (in, like, the 3rd or 4th post) for me to remove the names, I'll mess them up so as not to be recognizable by a search engine. That is the criteria I use! The author owns the words is the first rule of thumb!

But, as to confidentiality, I agree w/ Kathy. Straight was neither a medical facility nor therapy or counseling. The confidentiality rule, as practiced there, was very likely not supported by any law. It was just a way to keep their guilty secrets and shield the perps from legal accountability. Besides everything else, most of us were legal minors when we were there and so unable to enter into any such legal agreement.

But the author does own the words and it is their wish to take some of them back. I'll get on it now. The rest of the thread is so staying! And, btw, to the anonymous named person, I'm glad you googled your name and came upon our forum. Welcome!

The lust for power, for dominating others, inflames the heart more than any other passion
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0140440607/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Tacitus

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »
Don't forget to scramble the names on the 2nd page -

Also - since none of us here can remember the confidentiality rule I'm affraid that we're all in for a bit of trouble - it's Friday night - and that means Friday Night Review and I've worked real hard to earn T&R, but can't remember the confidentiality rule -

I remember the beginning - "As a client of Straight Inc..." - something like that -

Hopefully group will be kind tonight - doubt it - bye bye T&R -

Love Ya Anonymous
Love Ya Kathy
Love Ya Froderik13
Love Ya Peacepuppy
Love Ya Ginabobina
LOVE YA GROUP!

::jawdrop::

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »
This is just a little toooo familiar......that was scary....Line up heel to toe.  OMG. Haven't heard that in YEARS!!!!  ROFLMAO

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
"Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?"
--Hobbs to Calvin

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »
On 2004-07-10 10:25:00, Kathy wrote:

Then why are you here?

I can answer that with full confidence! Cause they're interested.

As to the names quoted on the second page, they belong to a registered user who can edit them if they want to.

The legislature is to society as a physician is to the patient. If a physician ignored side effects of medications like today's legislators ignore the side effects of their legislation, the physician would be accused of malpractice. I accuse today's legislators (with rare exception) of legislative malpractice. Many of the ills that are so obvious in our society are a direct result of previous legislation. Their solution? More laws!
-- John A. Bennett, DO

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »
Ginger, thank you for your reply and for taking the time to edit the names in the first post. Anonymity aside, I appreciate the respect.

I would now ask that Scarstruck will take the time to do the same thing as that post is Google-able as well.

Frankly, I wouldn't much care if my name appeared here if it weren't for outside circumstances. I live in Boston, and the DNC is this week. It just so happens that my name has been forwarded to the Secret Service so I can do my job and, while I don't think that being in a cult 20 years ago would raise too many flags with the SS, I don't want to give anyone any reason to keep me from earning a living.

Scarstruck, please consider removing your post, or at least editing out people's last names.

Thank you for your time.
Anonymous in Boston (for the time being)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »
On 2004-07-24 05:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Ginger, thank you for your reply and for taking the time to edit the names in the first post. Anonymity aside, I appreciate the respect.

NP. But honestly, the content was not the deciding factor. The fact that the author wanted the post edited and that, because it was an anon post, they couldn't do it themselves were the deciding factors. Cayohueso's quite correct. Even when the content in question has turned my stomach I don't edit for content unless I think I'm pressed to the wall w/ no legal alternative.

I live in Boston, and the DNC is this week. It just so happens that my name has been forwarded to the Secret Service so I can do my job and,

I'll be sorry to hear it if our vaunted government prevents you from making a living. But I won't blame it on whoever posted your name here or on the fact that you landed up as one of the other unfortunate strangers confined to a blue chair 20 years ago. I'd blame it on our paranoid government.

But what's up w/ all that, anyway? I caught a short sound-byte about domestic groups threatening to bomb the DNC? Would these be the Ditto Head variety, maybe? Or maybe Ashcroft's Assemblies of God? Just how fucked up is it when even the false alternative to the reigning party can't safely mount a political challenge?

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »
...I went looking for the dish by way of Google News on DNC. Wouldn't ya know, the first item to turn up is...

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=5763132

:rofl:

He that will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not, is a slave.
--William Drummond (1585-1640)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »
Hey, Roy here again...

I did say on some thread that I wasn't going to post anymore, but I checked this thread again just now for the first time in a couple of weeks, and saw the reply from whoever it is in Boston.

I was obviously not taking everyone's personal privacy into consideration, so once again, Anonymous in Boston (and everyone else whose names I listed), I truly am sorry. That was very stupid of me. I blame Straight (har har).

I can be reached at artsydad@yahoo, if anyone wants to personally cyber-yell at me for writing down names. It really was with the best of intentions, but obviously a huge mistake.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »
I just noticed that "scarstruck" repeated the name list later in the thread, and that those names are still there. And they do come up on google.

Jeez, I wish I hadn't posted that. What the hell was I thinkin'?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »
So... I was right.

I originally posted about this list of names being a PROBLEM to individual's who may NOT appreciate it.  BINGO.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »
well, big friggin' suprise. What did you expect?

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2004, 08:53:00 AM »
Hey Roy -

VERY cool of you to appologize and make ammends -

I'll be sending you a friendship letter up through the Chain Of Command - or maybe putting in a permission slip to do something on our 4th phase day off - LOL!

Anyway - very cool of you - seriously - thanks

::bigsmilebounce::