Author Topic: Names of people I remember, Straight VA '85  (Read 17238 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Names of people I remember, Straight VA '85
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2004, 03:59:00 AM »
To the person in Michigan. Uh, we weren't staff members, we were clients. And the "para-professional" staff were only clients too.  No one was formally trained as a staff member.  

To the brave anonymous one, If I don't get it, please explain it to me.  However, I do believe I "get it" far more clearly than you do, since you are still in the STRAIGHT mind-set.  THAT is scary. But hey, I'm always willing to listen. Please give it another shot.  Explain it to me, please.  :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »
:grin: That was me. Forgot to put my name and password in. oops!
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »
On 2004-07-09 21:06:00, Scarstruck wrote:

"Well they can sue me if they so desire... I think my name and adress are posted in here somewhere and a quickwitted sleuthy lawyer would have no problems learning my identity.

The thing is...straight kept no records and it would be hard to hold up in court that anyone was in straight...at what times...with whom..etc "

AGAIN --- this is NOT from "STRAIGHT" -- it's INDIVIDUAL.  That's what many of you  "non-brainwashed", stuck-on-your teen age experience (juvenile language) "survivors" don't seem to get - or understand!
  Those people that were listed MAY NOT APPRECIATE being listed on this site ...  if you want to find them, go to a paid search site and do it without posting that they were in STRAIGHT on a web site for any and all to see.
  By the way - I was never in STRAIGHT ... though I did attend one of their Open Meetings once.

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »
On 2004-07-10 06:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"Well they can sue me if they so desire... I think my name and adress are posted in here somewhere and a quickwitted sleuthy lawyer would have no problems learning my identity.

The thing is...straight kept no records and it would be hard to hold up in court that anyone was in straight...at what times...with whom..etc "

AGAIN --- this is NOT from "STRAIGHT" -- it's INDIVIDUAL.  That's what many of you  "non-brainwashed", stuck-on-your teen age experience (juvenile language) "survivors" don't seem to get - or understand!

Those people that were listed MAY NOT APPRECIATE being listed on this site ...  if you want to find them, go to a paid search site and do it without posting that they were in STRAIGHT on a web site for any and all to see.

By the way - I was never in STRAIGHT ... though I did attend one of their Open Meetings once.  "

Thats beside the point.
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »
On 2004-07-10 06:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

By the way - I was never in STRAIGHT ... though I did attend one of their Open Meetings once.  "

:wstupid:
Um.  Then why are you here?  And why are you trying to speak about something you know absolutely nothing about!!!
Kathy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »
LOL ...

Beleive me .... I know A LOT more about it than you think ...lol....   a LOT. (Straight, Seed Life, Kids, etc....)

And as to why I'm here...  I was "clued in" a while ago about this population - pretty facsinating sometimes...  very entertaining

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »
:nworthy:
Kathy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »
After posting names, I realized it was kinda inconsiderate of the people themselves. As far as "confidentiality" in the Straight sense, gimme a break! I have not one grain of respect for that place or any of its rules or policies. But I do care about human beings, and that's why I felt bad afterward.

This is so weird overall, discovering this site and remembering all this stuff. I cut it all out so fast when i left, and have thought so little about it for the last 18 years or so... I've come a long way in life, have two great kids, play music and do art for a living, etc etc... Life is, generally, good. I'm still trying to figure out why I seem to want to tap back into this stuff at all; I guess it's because there were some other inmates I did care about, and wonder if (and hope that) they're doing OK all these years later.

This is my final post on here, at least for quite some time. I'm gonna have to slip away (try to hold back the tears, haha)... But I just want to say I hope everyone/anyone who had the same horrid prison experience that I did is enjoying life today. Honestly, I think that godawful sentence helped me enjoy every single day of life all the more today. Jeezus, I didn't see the SUN for a year! Might explain my major aversion to fluorescent lights and white tile...

Smyl!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »
(I slipped up on the first line of that last post: I meant it was inconsiderate of ME to post those names)

Offline ginabobina

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »
I walked away from Straight and didnt look back. But as ashamed as I am of who I was and what I did to find my name on a list of people wondering where I am and how I am would be nice no matter how much crap it brought back. That didnt happen for me I was sent an article and preceeded to find info on people i cared about that had died. I have alot of names floating in my head and I wonder. Inconsiderate no it wasnt innocent and curious concerned and wondering how people ended up that touched your life good bad or indifferent ...yes. I admit seeing lists of names cause me reserve for the people on the list that may have never spoken about their lives and dont want to be remembered in connection with STRAIGHT its still nice to know that someone remembers them.

Offline Peacepupppy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »
I posted on one of the other sites a name of someone who abused alot of the people way beyond the normal straight abuse.  The sibling of this person wrote an e-mail that stated how wrong it was of me to post that about his sister (Evelyn Beckett).  He said that she had alot of regrets about the way she treated people.  I wrote back and told him that i'm glad and that she should feel regret.

I post peoples names first and last and could care less i'm not in that place anymore and as far as the confidentiality in the medical world I think that only applies to people running it and doctors of which I was neither.

I don't know why anyone not related to straight would be here anyways.  What pleasure do they get out of reading all of this?

-C

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »
On 2004-07-11 19:06:00, Peacepupppy wrote:

"I posted on one of the other sites a name of someone who abused alot of the people way beyond the normal straight abuse.  The sibling of this person wrote an e-mail that stated how wrong it was of me to post that about his sister (Evelyn Beckett).  He said that she had alot of regrets about the way she treated people.  I wrote back and told him that i'm glad and that she should feel regret.

I post peoples names first and last and could care less i'm not in that place anymore and as far as the confidentiality in the medical world I think that only applies to people running it and doctors of which I was neither.

I don't know why anyone not related to straight would be here anyways.  What pleasure do they get out of reading all of this?

-C"

Yes... not surprising.  You and so many other posters here could care less about anyone else but yourselves.  Sad really.

Offline Peacepupppy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »
and they cared about us??

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2004, 12:33:00 AM »
This is an interesting question, and it isn't the first time that it's been discussed on this forum. Naming names. The best point from the naysayers is that a name mentioned here could potentially affect someone's rep in the job world. This is a good point. All I have to do is google "froderik13" and BANG! here I am. A link right to Fornits. Anyone wanting to investigate me could find out a lot right here. I've mentioned names on here in the past and been asked to remove it and did b/c I respected that  person's wish to not have their name posted here.

By the same token I mention names on here and doubt that i'd ever edit it out even if the person asked b/c they are fucking a-holes who deserve to have much more ruined than their reputation, and most would agree.

I say just use your discretion, maybe put an initial when sufficient, and be considerate. Goddammit, this has NOTHING AT ALL to do with Confidentiality. That's a bunch of horseshit and nobody cares about it anyway. We're on the web and this is an open forum. It's up to us to police ourselves when necessary, b/c no one else is going to do it, for better or for worse.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »
Peacepuppy, You are an idiot. There is not one person that I have met from Straight that did not do things or said things that went against thier conscience. If you were an old-commer or cofronted anyone in group than you too behaved badly. It was an insane place and it was vertually impossible not to get caught up in "straight values". This is why it is likened to cult. To single out one person as the worst or most cruel is rediculous. Do you really think the evils of straight are because of Evelyn? I knew her during and after and she got caught up in the madness as much as you or I did.
The reason it is not right to name names is that it places the blame squarely on the named. There is also no chance for the accused to defend themselves or tell their side of the story. Also it makes it appear that you are the victim. I knew you in the program, and if what you said in the raps is true, then you are hardly a victim. For the simple fact that you harbor such hatred and venom for over 20 years should be a great concern to you.
I wish you well in trying to deal with your anger.