Author Topic: drugs and the Beatles  (Read 837 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
drugs and the Beatles
« on: June 04, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »
"A song like 'Got to Get You Into My Life,' that's directly about pot, although everyone missed it at the time," McCartney said.

"'Day Tripper,' that's one about acid (LSD). 'Lucy in the Sky,' that's pretty obvious. There's others that make subtle hints about drugs, but, you know, it's easy to overestimate the influence of drugs on the Beatles' music."

John Lennon, who wrote "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," had denied the song was about drugs and said it was inspired by a nursery school drawing by his son, Julian.

"Just about everyone was doing drugs in one form or another and we were no different, but the writing was too important for us to mess it up by getting off our heads all the time," McCartney added.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
drugs and the Beatles
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »
i dunno who the hell posted that email..but after i read it, i remembered that while my sister was watching The Wizard of Oz, I told my mom..Mom The Wizard of Oz incinuates drugs...She was like how? I was like remember shes running in the field with the lion and everyone and they fall asleep in that field??? And Alice IN Wonderland...is about drugs too...and another one I forgot..

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• View Profile
drugs and the Beatles
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »
i posted that actually, i may have forgotten to log in.. yea drugs are good, in moderation like anything else.
jesus has risen, and he thinks you are a cocksucker\"