Author Topic: AARC Dream  (Read 5842 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Dream
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »
Me again...
Just curious about Canada, that big country upstairs.  I have never been up north.  Is Calgary very metropolitan/city like or is it beautiful suburban Canadian country?  Do Canadians and Americans share a similiar diet?  I mean...what did you eat for dinner last night?  Do you have a social security system as in the States?  Assigned social security numbers, etc?  I'm just a curious and geographically ignorant guy with some questions, thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Dream
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
Alberta is a flat province and very cold much of the time, same as the midwest in America. Calgary is a a decent sized city with a better economy than the rest of Canada, so there is quite a bit of night life. It isn't however an exciting or attractive city.

Canadians are statistically healthier and thinner than Americans though we have all the same food chains as you guys. Part of Canadian culture is that we tend to choose to "go without" more so than Americans do. We also (similar to Europeans) tend to walk more places. Calgary has a very good c-train system which encourages people to walk to and from it. Calgary also has a large Asian population which means that there is a lot of healthy Asian foods as an option from fast food.

Of course Canada has a social security program. We have Social Insurance Numbers (same as a a social security number). Government differs greatly, but that's a whole other topic.

Offline JessicaM

• View Profile
AARC Dream
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »
Saying Calgary isn't exciting, okay, I can agree with this....

Saying Calgary isn't attractive...??? Did you happen to notice the view we have to the Mountains and the amount of green space in Calgary, now Edmonton, that's an unattractive city!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Dream
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »
aha, the Edmonton VS Calgary rivalry continues! Sorry I stick to my opinion that it's an unnatractive city. Compared to most of Canada that is. Maybe Winnapeg is about the same.

No offence it's just not the most luxurious landscape or impressive architecture.