Author Topic: Dissing Marc Rosenberg?  (Read 6132 times)

Offline Drew

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« on: July 02, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »
Hey Ollie, get a fucking life.  Yeah, it's me...Drew (Ollie's eyes now pop out of his head...like they didn't already...aww shit, his jaw just dropped!).  I've been reading up your bullshit for about two weeks now afer I Googled myself and found the "Drew Hibbard is a Homo" Thread.  Which by the way I thought was abso-fucking-lutely hilarious.  I FWD'd the link to my friends and they loved it...so please, write more...or just bash me after this post...makes for great reading.  Too bad you didn't think of it Ollie.  It was Quinn right?  And no, I didn't hate Quinn by the way.  The only student I even came close to hating was one who's initials were R.S. (Pete is the only one who was around for him) and it was because I pushed to get him an early home visit & help the kid out and when I did he tried to screw me by trying to split on me in CT.  Wait, OK, Mitch, yeah, I hated Mitch.  
Hey Pete, thanks for standing up for me over the years on these budonkadonk webboards...don't know why you do...we had our differences, but trust me, I appreciate it. I'm generally loathe to post to these things.
Marc, give the man a break.  He's a fellow alum for christsakes.  He busted my stones like you wouldn't believe.  And none of us, NONE OF US, did it for the paychek...b/c they sucked.  I make 5 times the money now, work about 1/4 as hard than I did then and promised myself that I'd never work work with kids again...fuck, I work for a ski area in Wyoming.  Probably the best mountain in North America...but I digress.  Ever get the "If you're gonna Wash Dishes, Wash Dishes" speach?  I did, after work, in Marc's car.  Few things in my life have ever pissed me off as severely...but you know what?  The fuckin guy was right.  Truth hurts sometimes.  So, Marc, if you're reading this(the title being obvious bait):
A lesser personage once asked Ummon: "What is the God Nature/Buddah/Central Truth"?
Ummon replied: "A Dried Shit Stick".  I hope you're well my friend/mentor.  You taught me much.  If you keep in touch with Marian give her my best as well for Chip & the kids. Tell her I'm on Tele's these days (she'll know what I mean).  Give my best to Claire as well...I still list her as a reference...even though I told her to kiss my ass in that staff meeting.  Frank, Thea, Emmie & Shanies are doing exceptionally well...Frank is surfing in peru last I heard don't know if you knew.
Now back to you malcontents:
Ollie, Shaq shoots freethrows better than you...shit, my dead grandma shoots freethrows better than you.  I always thought you were above the bullshit.  I loved having you in my groups b/c you were always incredibly funny and had a great heart.  But now it's,"I faked this...I faked that"...disappointing.  You're better than that.  Maybe I missed something after I left/before you "graduated".  You're a good man Ollie, I knew that then, I can't believe that it has changed.  Get over hating Marc...& not for him...just bad karma man.
Oh, also, We all wanted Cushman shot & keep speaking well of McVetty...great human being.

I'll never post here :skull:  again, but feel free to e-kick-my-ass.  I can't wait.

YANKEES SUCK! GO SOX!
Drew "X Director of X's & Hot Pants Extrordinare" Hibbard

He that lives upon hope will die fasting
--Benjamin Franklin 1758

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
issing Marc? Thumbs Down my little X\'s

Offline O.U.2

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »
Yeah, thats right GO SOX run away from the Yankees!!!!!
Drew I left before you did remember? Or,mabye not you know it can fry your memory. :nworthy:

E-mail me
You feeling froggy Motherfucker?\"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »
On 2004-07-01 22:30:00, Drew wrote:

The only student I even came close to hating was one who's initials were R.S. (Pete is the only one who was around for him) and it was because I pushed to get him an early home visit & help the kid out and when I did he tried to screw me by trying to split on me

Question: How would this kid's making a break for it "screw" a staffer? What would happen to the staffer in this case? I'm really curious.

Babylon in all its desolation is a sight not so awful as that of the human mind in ruins.
-- Scrope Davies: Letter to Thomas Raikes, May 25, 1835.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Robert

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »
My sense of most staffers is that they are pretty strange. It's not surprisoing that a staffer would feel screwed if  a kid escaped a place that was probably violating his civil rights on a daily basis.

Just like Saddam feels screwed today!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »
I think it's more than that. Dude said he'd gone to bat for the kid (cause he favored him, maybe? Maybe sort of believed in him? Had faith in him?) but then hated him cause he tried to run. Why? What kind of consequences would befall an underpaid, overworked (and I'm not being snide here) staffer if a kid tried to run after the staffer went to bat for him?

I could guess, based on my experience w/ another Synanon based cult. But that would likely only be met w/ a lot of grousing about how I have NO clue, since I wasn't actually in the staff room at Elan for the come-down.

Anybody? How about Drew? You sure had a lot to say before I started asking questions. Cat got yer tongue?

P.S.
Drew, I really am glad you happened along. This is one of the reasons why I stand firm in my position on the value of anon posting. Whoever wrote that satire about you would probably not have done it if they could be easily associated w/ it. But that's how you found the site and it evoked a response. That's what antigens do, ya' know.

So, now that you're here, can you answer my question? Why would you hate a kid for trying to split? Just because you'd invested yourself in him and been rejected? Or was it something more concrete than that? Please do tell.

We will make mistakes. Learning from them doesn't make us heros. It only gives us a passing grade on the evolutionary scale.
Anonymity Anonymous
It is wrong to leave a stumbling block in the road once it has tripped you.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Robert

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »
Its just the type of ego driven  behavior that staff displays.

Of course their underpaid. they are just there for the ego trip. Controlling teens!

and oh yeah "helping" teens in that environment is not done for anything other than some sort of self satisfaction.

They used to pay "retention pay" every quarter if there were no splits.

Maybe thats what your getting at Ginger?[ This Message was edited by: Robert on 2004-07-03 18:35 ][ This Message was edited by: Robert on 2004-07-03 18:36 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »
he wasnt the only one...i know who you are talking about

Offline camrae

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »
hey its chrysta... iknow who you are talking about...miss ya drew.

Offline Sweet Girl

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
Umm...
I wasn't at elan at this time, but I think that Drew was a student at the time that he "went to bat for the kid."  He mentioned that the kid tried to split on him in CT, so he was on a visit- and Drew was his "support person".  When I was in Elan, the support person would usually get shot down for someone "splitting on them".  Not only that, but if Drew was in a high strength position (which he would have been if he went on the visit), and he pushed for this kid to get a visit and the kid split, it might look to staff like Drew was in some way trying to help him do that.  That kind of stuff used to happen all the time when I was there.  Just a thought.
Well I\'ve been afraid of changin, because I\'ve built my life around you.  But time makes you bolder- even children get older, and I\'m getting older too.\" -Fleetwood Mac

Offline Robert

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »
Yes Sweet Girl you may be on to something .
I reread  the original post.

Thats how it was when I was there (79-81) Strength went on a visit. If something happened . Shot Down!!

Its just that i thought I read about a Drew staff somewhere else

Offline kelleyblaney

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »
Hey chrysta!  do you remember me  it's kelley blaney,  i haven't heard anything about you in a long time  how are you doin?

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 09:59:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Chrysta on 2004-12-03 19:05 ]

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »
drew was a staff 94-97

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »
hey Kel...I do remember you...check your email

Offline Sweet Girl

• View Profile
Dissing Marc Rosenberg?
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
Well, the only reason that I thought he may have been a student was that he referred to Marc Rosenberg as a "fellow alum".  Like I said, it was just a thought, because I wasn't in elan until '98.
Well I\'ve been afraid of changin, because I\'ve built my life around you.  But time makes you bolder- even children get older, and I\'m getting older too.\" -Fleetwood Mac