Author Topic: Teen Help Rep says he could care less who owns TeenHelp even  (Read 610 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Posted by Jeri on Thursday, 4 June 1998, at 6:16 p.m. (eastern time), in response to Re: Teen Help Ownership, posted by Gordy on Wednesday, 3 June 1998, at 8:25 p.m. (eastern time)

Dear Gordy,

Why do you continue to create such a hostile environment towards Teen Help? No one has ever told you anything but the truth. I answered all of your questions according to what I knew. I gave you quite in-depth information. Then if you re-read my post detailing what I knew, you would see that I told you that that is all I knew, and you could call Jean with any further questions. I didn't tell you anything that was misleading, untruthful, or even omit anything. I was completely honest in everything I answered you. I even ENCOURAGED you to call my Director to get any further questions answered that I didn't know.
Frankly, I could care less who owns this Teen Help. It could be Michael Jackson for all I care. The fact is, Teen Help has been a tremendous help for families in crisis. Are you now advocating that no one should be allowed to use our help because you have a personal vendetta? Who owns what, has nothing to do with the superior programs that we refer out to. If that is who owns the company, then great. They have a true and genuine compassion for teens and their families. I personally think they are the best source. I will certainly take this information to them and share your letters.

As for my daughter being in the program, and do I trust them? Absolutely. Without a shadow of doubt. They have already done phenomenal work with my daughter. She has even asked to do her transition phase back in Tranquility Bay. I don't know if that is possible, but it is the idea that she feels so safe, and welcomes the insight that she is learning about herself. I can vouch beyond measure that these are fabulous programs. I trust them completely, without waivering. Don't forget, I work behind the scenes. If there was anything at all to create doubt of her care, safety, or the integrity of the programs, I would pull her out in a New York minute. But the fact is, she is doing better than fabulous. And because of Tranquility Bay and family component that they have, her dad, who has not been in the picture for years and years, is now starting to participate in her, and his personal growth. Without this program, I have no reason to believe that this would ever had taken place.

Do we think we are the saviors of the world? Or the only answer to troubled teens? That is rediculous. We certainly believe in what we have to offer, but there are some other tremendously effective programs that we hear about all the time. But yes, we believe we refer to some of the best in the world. If one of our programs seem innapropriate for a placement, then we are always referring parents onto something else. We always have our ears open to what else is out there. Tom Croke has done a tremendous amount of work with his web site and has also done research into programs. I find it invaluable for parents. Although I strongly disagree with the attacks on Teen Help by those that have no personal experience with the entire programs we refer to, I still find feedback very helpful and Tom Crokes contributions very helpful to parents.

Personally, I am offended that after all the work I put into getting you all the TRUTHFUL answers, you choose to attack my integrity because YOU did not call my Director (as I requested you do) to get the answers to the questions that I did not know the answer to.

My life is completely devoted to not only the Lord, but my family and the work I do here at Teen Help. I have seen the families being brought back together and teens rebuilding their lives for about 3 years. I BEGGED Teen Help for a job for 2 years. I was relentless in my pursuit to be a part of something that was instrumental in saving lives. When I got the call, I packed up everything and moved us 1200 miles to work for them.

If you want to continue to bad mouth the programs because you don't like the fact that I didn't know who the top owners were of Teen Help, then that is your perogative, but like I said to Alexia concerning her new tyrade on medications, that is like shooting off your shoes instead of untying the laces.

With all sincerity,

Jeri
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Teen Help Rep says he could care less who owns TeenHelp even
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »
Pass the Kool Aid.....Talk about BRAINWASHING...omg
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »