Author Topic: Dave McAdams  (Read 1663 times)

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Dave McAdams
« on: July 01, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »
Does any one know where Dave McAdams is nowadays?  He was in the St. Pete program and ended up leaving with George Ross to start KHK.  He is (was) a good guy until he let the brainwashing affect his thinking.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline gduncan

• View Profile
Dave McAdams
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 08:42:00 PM »
I remember Dave when he was on staff in St Pete in '80 & '81.  It appeared to me that he didn't have that staff mind-fuck like the others.  I rememeber he was empathetic and fair with me when others weren't.  I hope he is doing well.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Dave McAdams
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
There was a site that Ginger set up that showed pictures of the old Morgan Yacht/Sarasota Staff.
It had a feature where people could add comments and someone wrote that he now was working with a company that provides security for State Prisons.  I think he also managed a B.S. degree in counseling at St. Pete Junior College.  The lady who runs the art dept at Florida Signs in Bradenton could tell you more, as she still keeps in touch with him.  Bob in St. Pete
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Dave McAdams
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 02:38:00 AM »
I would have done this sooner, but did'nt have the time, so sit back and enjoy the show..........

Dave McAdams entered Straight in July of 1978 about a week after Mark Bell.  He was among the last of the newcomers of the Milton Roy Building.

What was striking about Dave was his aura of mellowness.  He did'nt get flustered about much of anything.  When they brought him before the group, he looked like some kind of Crosby, Stills, & Nash mountain man hippy clone.  He was a pretty big guy, and he was so burned out, he looked like he was in his late twenties, when in fact he was just 15, same as me.  I remember one particular Saturday, Marie Ward and Aimee Wrong were letting the girls side beat up on the new guys. (I was being a particularly cruel and funny jerk at the time) This 4th phase bitch with glasses was really ripping into Dave about sharing and showing appreciation to the group or some other kind of insane nonsense, and I was sitting in my chair upside down with my legs hanging over the back, and I just blurted out something like, "You need to change the record in the JukeBox four eyes, cuz the one yer playing is busted!!"  I did'nt say it loud or anything, but Dave heard it, and then this chick named Cheryl puts her hands on her hips like she's Alice Fuckin Cramden or something and then tries to humble Dave with something like, "What do you have to say to that?"  Dave just points over to me and goes, "It's like he said, all you girls sound like a broken record to me."   The guys side went nuts!!!!  It was too fuckin funny!  Aimee just went straight to the staff offices and left Marie to deal with it.  The girls went totally ballistic, and I am not sure what went on after that because I was whisked out of group and put into the dreaded THINK ROOM.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Dave McAdams
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »
More stories please...your memory is...remarkable..amazing.

My entire life up to about a year ago is like a dream I had that I barely remember..
 I just have still photos in my head and the things I remember are wierd and insignificant..

I dont remember talking in group EVER...but I remember being on 3rd phase and sitting in my schools library looking at this book..and I remember it perfectly smells and everything..

But group is a blur...dont remember talking at all...

You have the best stories...and I enjoy reading your posts probably more than anyone elses..
 If you typed a 700 page manuscript of short 3 and 4 page stories Im sure alot of people would buy it
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S