Author Topic: various people I'm remembering from Atlanta  (Read 14885 times)

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
various people I'm remembering from Atlanta
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2002, 11:57:00 PM »
Kris and James,
I retract what I have told the two of you regarding my not being interested in involvement with anything to do with this forum. I must say that it has been most intersting in reading the thoughts of fellow inmates of Straight. Seeing others names out here, folks that I have often wondered about, some I have had contact with since leaving, it all has put me in a different mode of thinking. I have deeply tried for 18 years to put all of that time period behind me. I convinced myself that I was past it all, but the last two days of reading everyone's postings, and my own memories flooding my being, I am uncomfortably aware of my need to be here, with you all, and that I do indeed have much healing to do. Peace to you all, peace to me, and peace to the persons who made all of this possible,(yes, even the executive staffers). I cannot imagine that if they too were not brainwashed, they would never have allowed any of this to occur, after all,they had children in the program. And, who in their right minds would ever subject their children to such atrocities. So, I begin.... Cecile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2002, 12:09:00 AM »
Hiya Sis,

Thanks for coming round, so glad to see you.
Take it at your own pace.

James

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2002, 12:27:00 AM »
Flooded brain cells and all.......here are a few folks that I have not seen mentioned.
Tracy Baker married Robert Wagner, they have two kids, and are in the process of getting a divorce after many years together...peace to them....
Pam Cobb from Huntsville
Susan McNitt was roommates with Pam for a spell back in 85, have no idea where she is today.
Patti Johnson from Jackson was a staffer with long red/blonde hair...We shared an apartment with Billy? He ended up in prison in Memphis for assaulting a little old lady in a grocery parking lot.
Dana Sheridan....I was in contact with her until about 11 years ago last was in Atlanta.
Last I heard Miles Neiberlien was successful in HUntsville....
Cecilia Nicholas has two beautiful daughters, lives outside of Huntsville...
And me? I have a wonderful daughter, we live in the mountains of Utah where the fishing is fine, and the snow is divine!!!I shall surely think of others.........C

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2002, 10:17:00 AM »
Cecile,
  Glad you're here. Utah must be beautiful right about now. I wonder if Dana Sheridan is still in town. It must have been really hard for her to be in Straight because she had a little son!! I can't even imagine how horrible it was for her...Kris
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline enough

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2002, 07:39:00 PM »
Wendy ?
Lee Ann ?
Ronnie Murtaugh? - had a hernia while in group
Neal? From highpoint North Carolina

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2002, 10:29:00 PM »
Kris....
I must admit it feels very strange to be here, I have not done this much thinking about Straight in years. I keep thinking of more people I wonder about. Then in the middle of the nite, I got up and looked in an old photo album....there are pics of Rusty McDaniel, Elizabeth Perry, Heather Bennett, Abby Orr-Estes(she married one of the Estes guys, I think it was Mike, Jim Frazier and my Brother, Christy Frasier, Tracy Someone?,Alison? married Chris Ivie for a while,later divorced,oh my gosh!! I had not looked at that album in a lifetime. Feels mighty strange. I have those pics on a disk that I would be glad to send to you if you wanted. Cecile

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2002, 08:34:00 PM »
James:

Was the name Jim Lowlry?

CL

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2002, 08:51:00 PM »
Patti Johnson! Dang I had forgot her. She set me back off of 5th phase. One of those fishing questions, "What kind of shit have you pulled?" No right answer... dead meat. That I had seen one of the people I had grown up with while at home (druggie friend) was just the bonus plan. Got the 4th phase 7-day for that. Then I guess I didn't feel guilty enough for having a healthy conversation, so Rusty put me on a 3rd phase 14-day refresher. I managed to piss out a few tears and Rusty, who I still consider a good friend, let me slide. From my time on staff I really think he had the blessing to start me over, but didn't.

I'm still kind of pissed at Patti.

CL

Offline enough

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2002, 11:17:00 PM »
Yes Clay that is it...Jim Lowry.

Thankyou. He and his Mom were clearly freaked when I showed up at their door, but they were kind enough to let me stay for the night.

I wonder what happened to him.

If you know how to make contact with Rusty I'd love to know what his life is like today.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2002, 03:46:00 PM »
Nope, I haven't really tried looking and part of me thinks it isn't right to go looking either. I suspect I'll run in to him someday....

CL

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2002, 10:17:00 PM »
hey, I just found this site. after 18 years of trying to forget about Straight I figure it's not gonna happen so why not see if there is anyone else out there with the same problem. Anyway, I know those people and know what happened to one of them.So who are you? My name's Marc and I was in straight/Atlanta 84-85.I'd really like to talk to you. I've searched a few other sites but didn't find anyone from Austell Rd.

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2002, 11:00:00 PM »
Hi Marc,
I am Cecile.....I was in Atlanta from January 84-June 85........I am glad you found the site and hope that it will be of some help to you...

Offline cram737

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2002, 01:24:00 AM »
Hey Cecile, I remember you. You probally remember my sister, Kris, she was in at the same time. This is so weird and hard, remembering all these things. I'll write more later, I'm kinda shaken right now and feeling a little woosy. Maybe a little to much reality for one night.

Offline cram737

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2002, 01:32:00 AM »
reading some of the names of people listed on this forum... it was Daryl Benson and Bush Ambrose.

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2002, 12:08:00 AM »
HI Cram........care to say who you are? Kris? which one? There is a Kris on here who was and is a dear friend of mine....but, who is your sister if you dont mind me asking? I am glad that you made it out alive. I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed by all of this, take it light and read it easy.
Cecile