Author Topic: Working for Daytop  (Read 4005 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Working for Daytop
« on: June 21, 2004, 02:37:00 AM »
Hello,

I work for Daytop in California and so far, I think it's a great place to work for. Is there anyone that thinks there are some things I need to know? Is this program just totally whack? I had a kid who left today who was in for almost a year and he had 20 days leftto go. What a waste I thought. Sometimes I think the program is excellent, there are lots of Daytop achievments but then there is the people that run and never come back. I wonder why
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Working for Daytop
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »
I don't know much about Daytop except that it's another Synanon based program. You tell me. How are the 1, 3, 5 and 10 year outcomes compared to non-treated control groups?

I don't know the kid you're talking about, but I can tell you why I split Straight when I might have 7th stepped the next Friday or the next. Something horrible happened. I saw through the illusion for one lucid moment. I had just finished reaming a kid out for being uncooperative and defiant. Next, they called on his sister to do the same. When he heard her voice, that was the first time during the confrontation that this kid's face showed any animation at all. He was searching for her with his eyes and simply could not locate the source of her voice, even though they were standing face to face, not 15 feet from each other. It was that moment that I realized that this kid was not capable of complying w/ our demands. He was fried. He'd had enough. And, if I'm not mistaken, everyone else in the room caught on as well, as there was a pregnant pause before Staff ordered him back to timeout for a little more confrontation "therapy" and called for another song.

I realized in that moment that I could no longer continue to be a part of that nor could I do a damned thing to help end the madness. If I'd tried, or anyone else had tried, we just would have wound up getting a dose of the "medicine" we were giving that kid. No thank you.

So I started making plans to split while we were singing Zipety doo dah ... louder, to cover the sounds of Bobby screaming out from the timeout room.

I had been on pretraining for staff at that time. Had I stuck it out, I would likely have had a free ride through college, help getting established and all the rest, just like the rest of my Seed graduate brothers and sisters. I do not regret it. I don't think I could live w/ myself had I stayed once I saw what I was a part of.

Are you sure you're seeing clearly?

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Working for Daytop
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 02:56:00 AM »
Hey Mna.. I juyst wrote like a 500 word essay in the Elan section, where I really streteched my brain, and had it dissappear (n don t know why.. maybe this new aol 9.0 optim8m shit or maybe just the new ten-button mouses)  

Either way I am Pissed, cause itr just vanished, and I hope it don t come out too much on ya..

( easier to respond when in a state of anger tyhen bring in opriginal thougts..lol)

On 2004-06-20 23:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hello,

I work for Daytop in California and so far, I think it's a great place to work for.

Agreat place to wrk for?

But do you think it's a great place?

Is there anyone that thinks there are some things I need to know?

Did you read this secti0on of Fornits?

Is this program just totally whack?

"Of Course", Says I!!

I had a kid who left today who was in for almost a year and he had 20 days leftto go.

Good for himn..... maybe, anyway..

What a waste I thought.

How so?

Sometimes I think the program is excellent, there are lots of Daytop achievments but then

I am interested in tnese achievements.. If you wish we can sorty throuygh these together..

there is the people that run and never come back.

Damn, Man.. Do they already have you or was it earlier conditioning?

I wonder why"

If you HONESTLY want an answer it can be supplied.

Paul St. JOhn

[ This Message was edited by: Paul St. John on 2004-07-09 00:00 ]

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Working for Daytop
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 03:07:00 AM »
On 2004-06-21 09:15:00, Antigen wrote:

"I don't know much about Daytop except that it's another Synanon based program. You tell me. How are the 1, 3, 5 and 10 year outcomes compared to non-treated control groups?

Do you really need to ask?

I don't know the kid you're talking about, but I can tell you why I split Straight when I might have 7th stepped the next Friday or the next. Something horrible happened. I saw through the illusion for one lucid moment. I had just finished reaming a kid out for being uncooperative and defiant. Next, they called on his sister to do the same. When he heard her voice, that was the first time during the confrontation that this kid's face showed any animation at all. He was searching for her with his eyes and simply could not locate the source of her voice, even though they were standing face to face, not 15 feet from each other. It was that moment that I realized that this kid was not capable of complying w/ our demands. He was fried. He'd had enough. And, if I'm not mistaken, everyone else in the room caught on as well, as there was a pregnant pause before Staff ordered him back to timeout for a little more confrontation "therapy" and called for another song.

I realized in that moment that I could no longer continue to be a part of that nor could I do a damned thing to help end the madness. If I'd tried, or anyone else had tried, we just would have wound up getting a dose of the "medicine" we were giving that kid. No thank you.

So I started making plans to split while we were singing Zipety doo dah ... louder, to cover the sounds of Bobby screaming out from the timeout room.

I had been on pretraining for staff at that time. Had I stuck it out, I would likely have had a free ride through college, help getting established and all the rest, just like the rest of my Seed graduate brothers and sisters. I do not regret it. I don't think I could live w/ myself had I stayed once I saw what I was a part of.

Are you sure you're seeing clearly?

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
-- John Muir

"

Antigen.. He didn t ask for your story and he don t give a fuck...

Paul St. John

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Working for Daytop
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »
St. John,

I am the person who wrote about working for Daytop. I don't appreciate your insults. I thought this was a place where people can answer my questions in a mature way. If you are angry for some reason about Daytop or tc's in general, take it up with them or with whoever hurt you. I was a curious person who found this website. I am sorry if things didn't work out for you. Don't respond to people's posts if it's not going to be nice.

Offline The Bronx

• View Profile
    • http://nsyc.com
Working for Daytop
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »
Hi
T.C are places to stop off & get off....place to learn & confront...not to remain there in the grips of "The Family"
I'm a grad...oh over 30 years now..Workes & learned to use what tools were shown to me..My skills have grown with time & life conflicts..
Follow your dreams make them into something that you can reflect on as the process....
Yes, working in a closed T.C. I'v experienced some
people who are "FUCKED-up" but I've work in the world of Education & there are people who are "FUCKED-up" but "WHATEVER" You have the choice..
make it day by day learn .....
Here is kicker for you...lets tay you kickes  shottin dope & all the crazy shit that came along with the "PARTY" now over 30 years later you are so frigging straight & you give blood during 911... & you find out you have HEP C!!!!!!
Life comes blasting right back in you veins...your heart feels as though....it's going OD....
What do you worry about..YOUR teenage kids...& your partner...I lived many lives....Hep C.....
is now what a OLD Junkie faces in the reflection of life......see you ...I gonna beat the drangon again............

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-- F. P. Jones

anene Gentile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Working for Daytop
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »
Was it the cedu cult? how many suicides? how many cover ups?  when cedu had staff it was rule that any abuse had to be covered up even if it meant lying to parents and other staff.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Working for Daytop
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 04:17:00 AM »
You gave me the type of feedback I was looking for. Thanks :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Working for Daytop
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »
what a bunch of nutcases!

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Working for Daytop
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »
On 2004-07-11 20:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"St. John,

I am the person who wrote about working for Daytop. I don't appreciate your insults. I thought this was a place where people can answer my questions in a mature way.

If you are angry for some reason about Daytop or tc's in general, take it up with them or with whoever hurt you. I was a curious person who found this website. I am sorry if things didn't work out for you. Don't respond to people's posts if it's not going to be nice.

We

"

You are right.  I apologize.

Paul St. John