Author Topic: Kerry For Prez  (Read 877 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Kerry For Prez
« on: June 16, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »
Anybody notice John Kerry has not resigned from the senate while running for President?  What's the problem here?  It's not like he needs to keep his day job if he loses against Bush, so why leave the citizens of Mass. with just one senator (Kennedy) to do the job of 2? (Kerry is spending reportedly just 13% of his time on his Senate duties).  Second thought, it isn't really John Kerry who is running for President, it's his wife. Now, considering Teresa's tax-bracket, wonder what kind of tax increases her husband  reeeeeeally has in mind?

:rofl:

Teresa Kerry's financial data released

Wife of Democratic candidate inherited food fortune

(CNN) -- Bowing to political pressure, the presidential campaign of Democrat John Kerry released financial data on the wealth of his multimillionaire wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry.

Mrs. Kerry -- whose wealth derives from the Heinz food fortune -- earned about $5 million in 2003 and paid approximately $750,000 in taxes, according to the information.

She had been resisting releasing the information, saying she wanted to protect her children's privacy.

Some conservative and GOP pundits had criticized Teresa Kerry's refusal to release her financial information, saying husband's presidential run would not have been possible without his wife's wealth.

According to a statement, she had a gross taxable income of $2,338,000, primarily from dividends and interest. She also earned $2,777,000 in tax-exempt interest income from state, municipal and other bonds.

Mrs. Kerry said she had received an extension for filing her 2003 return and will release the first two pages of her 1040 form once it is completed, which she expected to be in October.

"Today I am making additional public disclosures by releasing my personal tax information. I will make public my 1040 form when my personal tax returns are completed later this year," she said.

"John and I believe this strikes a balance between my family's privacy and the media's requests for more financial information."

Kerry, the junior senator from Massachusetts, filed his returns separately from his wife. According his campaign, he paid $90,575 in federal taxes on $395,338 in adjusted gross income last year.

Teresa Heinz Kerry inherited her wealth from her first husband, Republican Sen. John Heinz of Pennsylvania. Heinz was killed in a plane accident in 1991. The Kerrys were married in May 1995.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »