Author Topic: The humiliating seed!  (Read 18512 times)

Offline Susie

• View Profile
Out of despair, Hope
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
I think I may have been the most naive seedling who ever drank the Kool-aid.  I did not have to go to Viet Nam the way my husband did, but what ever I endured did not half way compare with his situation.  I am, however grateful that I was able to overcome my own demons and walk in the sunshine.  And don't foget, when I was going into the Seed, 1972. My husband had already done three tours in Viet Nam.  We think we were suffering, but at the same time, we were only sitting on hard chairs, eating moldy peanut butter sandwiches...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
The humiliating seed!
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2007, 11:51:24 AM »
Sure. And losing your finger doesn't hurt as much as losing your arm.  I am not sure your point, Suzie. Sure, being in the Seed wasn't the worse thing that could have happened to someone.

Agreed.

Offline junior

• View Profile
The humiliating seed!
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2007, 05:02:33 PM »
Quote from: ""GregFL""
Who said anything remotely resembling what you are accusing her of saying?  She said they were disgraceful, and certainly the The Seed  in the early 70s was anything but something to be proud of and resulted in an entire barrage of copycat treatment centers that have abused kids right on up to...right now.

This is a disgrace.  However, I personally think that these things happened a long time ago which gives plenty of room for reflection and change on the responsible parties.   Unfortunately, we haven't really seen much evidence of this.

it was written in this post
Dates/Locations of The Seed's Growth & Decline

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Concerned and saddened
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2007, 01:15:31 AM »
what happened to big frank?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: The not always humiliating seed!
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2008, 01:50:56 AM »
The Seed helped a lot of people too. Obviously there were some in positions of some authority who shouldn'y have been. I also don't think 11 year olds should have been there either. I was 18, had already lived on the street for 2 years and two winters in Connecticut sleeping on park benches in 17 degree weather and blizzards, and before that had been forcefully (literally) put in three successive mental institutions by my parents who thought, somehow, they were helping me, before returned to Boca Raton at age 18. I'd been on heroin, cocaine, speed, mesc, mushroons, dropped liquid acid in my eyes as well as shot it, and all the rest, and the Seed did indeed help me save my life. Some of the people at the Seed died as a result of the drugs they had done. I respect the fact that many unpleasant things happed to some, but you must also respect the fact that it helped a lot of people. One person at this site has already called me a "fucking moron" for saying the Seed helped me. That person doesn't know a thing about me but judged me as a bad person for saying I was helped. For the person who was humiliated withnaked beltings, all I can say is that you have to get over it. How can I say that? How do I know what you went through? Well, the actions were different, but I was molested at knifepoint when I was 12 years old, in Newport, RI. I had a choice after that, to let it get in my way for the rest of my life and use it as the best excuse for screwing up, or get over it and get on with my life. Kinda the same approach I used 6 years later when the courts put me in the Seed. I was there for 15 months. Respect isn't a breach of discipline, which means that people in a position of authority should respect those in their care, even if they are junior. I used that philosophy during my navy career. When I was selected to staff after 8 months I practised what I preached and, like Clay, Pete, Susie and others, tried to put smiles rather than fear and teror in peoples faces. If that was not your experience in the Seed then all I can say is make the best with anything you may have leared that was positive and pay it forward. Leave the world a little better than you found it for having you in it. The only negative thing I have never getten over was John Underwood, but that was for something that happened in 3rd grade back in upstate NY 42 years ago (1959)!

:karma: