Author Topic: any info  (Read 1467 times)

Offline RedHottAva

• View Profile
any info
« on: April 26, 2004, 05:51:00 AM »
hey i went there in 2000 and 2001 and went to cedu running springs..anyone that went there then or anybody that worked there or since that time please contact me just to talk...i*m struggling to make sense of all of this...my sn is redhottava and my email is [email protected] i have so many supressed memories and according to my therapist i suffer from severe post traumatic stress disorder... thanks

xo--ava
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
oxo--ava

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »
Hello, Princess Avanti! I worked there as a therapist earlier than that - wasn't a CEDU employee. However, I saw the HELL they put the kids through and left after a few months.

You need to join one of the lawsuits going on. Really. There are a number of posts about them. Please look into it. You suffered and were mistreated, I'm sure.

By the way, did you know Brandi Elliott? She runs the middle school. She was awful to the therapists and I got the impression she was mean to the kids. She now has a psychology degree from an unaccredited, mail-order college. Lots of CEDU administrative staff have degrees from that school (California Coast Unviersity).

I hope you recover and do well. Have you talked to your parents about your experience? I'm interested in how you are doing.

I am happy to report that some of the kids still write to me on occasion to let me know that I was a sanctuary (I think it was just the cocoa and cookies I gave them in my office!). It's nice to know that I did some little bit of good, although I couldn't stay long term. I just couldn't be a part of that.

Did you know Gudrun? How did she treat you? She often complained to me about how horrid they were to the kids, but I just looked on the posts and see that she sold her soul to CEDU. How about Russ? Is he still the same sarcastic, smart-ass that he was?

I found that staff had an attitude of power, control, and superiority. Those who did not, left after they couldn't take it any more. Some staff suffered some symptoms of PTSD, believe it or not. Many staff whom I met were truly confused. They went to work there because they wanted to help kids, but didn't know that yelling and belittling was a part of helping.

Tell your therapist about the profeets. We therapists refused to participate in them, as they were grossly inappropriate. Your therapist will probably be shocked by them. Maybe you already have. We took some heat from the school, but we were the only ones with a LEGITIMATE education, and we actually knew what we were talking about.

I was one of the people who witnessed a kid's grandfather trip on a rug that MANY PEOPLE HAD WARNED CEDU ABOUT. The old man broke his pelvis and IT KILLED HIM. He never saw his grandson that day. Tripped coming into the administration building. CEDU told me to shut up about it, and I did. They killed that old man, no question about it. I was a coward. Still am, I guess. That place scares the hell out of you.

I know I'm rambling. I just am really interested. Call some of those lawyers! As an ex-student, you have more legal protection than I do. Post again, please!

"Nancy"

On 2004-04-26 02:51:00, RedHottAva wrote:

"hey i went there in 2000 and 2001 and went to cedu running springs..anyone that went there then or anybody that worked there or since that time please contact me just to talk...i*m struggling to make sense of all of this...my sn is redhottava and my email is [email protected] i have so many supressed memories and according to my therapist i suffer from severe post traumatic stress disorder... thanks

xo--ava"

Offline Oppositional Defiance

• View Profile
any info
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »
I'm an ex student
I was sent at an impressionable age, 14. I was sent to ASCENT. I was beaten and broken down until I lost my identity and was reimprinted with what they wanted me to be, namely, a penintent "criminal" who believed he couldn't survive without CEDU schools. My dad pulled me out before too late, I am 19 now and I have spent the remainder of my life working to counter the brainwashing's effect on me, to build myself back up. I want to sue. If anybody knows about a suit or a class action suit, please contact me.
ppositional Defiance,
AKA
Black Francis the 2nd
Email- [email protected]
Phone- 727-743-1914

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.