Author Topic: GI dorm day  (Read 4505 times)

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 11:33:00 PM »
Man Anna was the shit! I crossed out her L.E.s too i just forgot.  Remember the song she made up about pullinng.  "SLEEP DEPRIVATION PSYCHOSIS! IT MAKES YOU LOSE YOUR MIND!!!! YOU START SEEING THINGS!"  I don't remember the rest of it.  But what happened to anna?  I miss Nicole Belcastro.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »
Hey, RaeRae, this is Quinn, are you sure that was my radio, because I can't picture anyone getting a GM for taking something from me because I was just sooo popular with the staff. Them treating me like total shit and telling me that I'd never make it did actually make me stronger, because I made it a point to finish college in order to prove them wrong. Considering how much I drank to forget my Elan experience, I'm lucky I was able to. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the patience, not so much academically, but having to depend on my parents. My father is a real asshole, and he has a violence problem. That's all I will say here, but he should have been sent away, not me. Anyways, I really don't remember that radio incident, but I do remember the one with your computer. I think I'll use this opportunity to cop to my guilt now, which everyone knows is mostly contracts and inappropriate music, but an interesting thing is that I somehow had a reputation as a "non-gamey" female, even though staff knew that I was corrupt in every other way. The most notable person I played games with was Bryant Wahn. I smoked a cigarette in the bathroom once as EMBC. I drank on my home visit, and I also shoplifted a magazine on a strength trip - a punk rock magazine! I hid money from strength trips in my bra, but by the time, I came up with enough to split, I got accepted into college, so I decided to wait it out. And if Bryant and I weren't watched so closely, I'm sure I would have broken cardinal rules as well. Oh, wait, I did, I punched someone for grabbing my boobs, but I never told staff about it, because I thought that I would get in trouble for it, and knowing staff's high regard for me, I would've gotten a ring for punching him! It's actually good to see more people I know here from 8, though, it's mostly people from 7.

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »
Hey Quinn, Yeah it was your radio.  I remember the GM perfectly, you didn't really care that she took your radio either. I think staff was just bored that day.  I borowed ppls shit all the time and I never got caught. No one gave a shit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »
Now I remember saying that I didn't care and that since it was my radio, a GM wasn't neccessary, but they didn't listen to me.

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »
Tina ran my GM and I cried like a baby the whole time.  I cried throughout my whole stay at elan actually, in almost every group that was focused on me at least which was 80% of Missy's group, esp. when I was threatening to sign out.  

Anyways Tina was like yelling in my face during my GM, and I guess Mark Rosenburg felt sorry for me and took my GM over, and told me how great and awesome I was.  It's hard to believe Mark could actually be nice to someone during a GM, maybe he thought it was a stupid reason for a GM too.

Whatever happened to Tina?  Her whole situation was screwed up with her husband and son back in Canada and her working here, or did her son and husband move here?  I liked Tina, and I didn't like Tina.  She was scary when she gave VR's.

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »
Tina couldn't give a VR. LOL, she never caught on. I demanded my file when I left.  So i got it, and If it wasn't for all the fake reports Tina gave on me I wouldn't hold so much comtempt for her. On days that I had gotten worker of the day after my split SD she would write to my parents that I didn't deserve any packeages or letter cuz I didn't apply myslef, she almost ruined one of my visits with her lies.  Tina was soooo rediculous.  I will not go one with my feelings towards her, i might take up t he whole page. I can say at times before I read my file I did like her. She was lazy and corrupt however.

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2004, 10:58:00 PM »
I was in 7...
I think most of the people on here arent from 7..I wish more people were around to talk to from 7...I guesss more females? So i can feel I can relate to someone I know?
I relate to the ktchen thing though..
I was cop to that...
 I ate other peoples food...
I think Luke Thomas? and Matt Blickly always had good shit..
I dont remember who else? But I remember eating foods..
I remember Shaya Charm and Pearl were Jewish, & since my dad was Jewish & I had a Jewish last name, I lied & said I was Jewish and got to eat P&J alot...when the food sucked. and go on little Jew trips & ate Jew food..
I cop to the nights I pulled on the post and you had to check the bed boxes & shit before you pulled when no one was in the dorms: I stole the good candy packs gum or yummy munchies..(some people had tons of shit in their bed boxes, like multi-saved candy packs) i d steal from it,,
In my math class I copied all the answers from the back of the book & got an A in the class.
I cant believe I dont remember his name? I think its someone, but I dont want to say and it not be...but one time when I was shingle, when ever I would do headcounts, and this person was eaither on back zone or in the dorms from pulling on the post we would bump in to each other & there would be a rub a dub...& it was sooo awesome at the time & soo ugh to think about now...
he was from 8 or 3 and got moved in to our house bc he split for a while or something like that with this other kid & robbed a house & lived i someones house that werent home or something like that...I thought he wassoo hot bad shit now..barf..
sord of?

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »
i hate gi dorm day

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »
Gi dorm day was held on a Sunday and usuaully meant that we had to scrub our dorm floors. After awhile it just became a extra detail mopping. Off coarse the showers needed the most attention, but eventially elan lightend up on the scrubbing concept during my time, 88-89.

Funny, when I arrived in elan it got less strict as time went on, policies were less structered and enforced and elan became more of a hotel resort in some cases, and this wasnt becuase of higher positions.

When I arrived you were not allowed to wear pants and have shoe laces, you had to eard them, we had to wear sweat pants. That was later fased out.

The males weren't allowed to have long hair, then that was later fazed out, thanks to staff that had long hair.

We were only able to get 6 packs of smokes a week, then they chnged the rule to 6 packs a week for 18 year olds and older, minors were only given 10 single cigarettes a week.Just before my departure of elan there was talk about banning smoking completely which later I found out I did.

When you went on trips you could purchase as much cigs as you wanted and bring them back with you, as long as you were 18 or older.

Also you were assigned a big brother upon arriving at elan, later that was fased out. Certain le's such as carry a mop all day, wear a spoon, carry an ashtray ect was also fased out.

As time went on elan became less structured to me it seemed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »
Who the hell are you? How can you say that..I think you were sleeping at your stay at Elan..In fact from many I have heard that Elan WASSS FAZEd out..and is now FAZED in...I heard according to some of the things youve stated, that Elan was more liberal. Residents could have long hair, they could smoke, there was one on ones and it wasnt soo bad, the incident book was a mess, incidents were lost, thrown away, signed by others, dealt with how ever, long hair..yea right...guys who had long hair had to cut it, girls with dyed hair, had to dye it back, i had black hair when I came in, and it was a big deal... because i have lght brown hair...no "imaged out clothes were aloud to be worn"...this one kid from Danbury CT, I dont remember his name I think it was Rick, got in BIG trouble because his dad sent him "The Source" magazine once...
Music Cds with explicit lyrics, could only be listened to by high strength.
Matt Blickly, lip synched for the contest they have every here that song "Should I stay or should I go, SPLIT...he didnt even sing it, insinuating anything, he was high strength doing real well through the program, and he got shot down,GM amd in a lot of trouble...
Elan...is diffinetly not fazed out...
 :em:

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »
I remember my parents sent me some CD's when I first arrived at elan and they didn't even have parents advisories on them, and Jamal took them from and looked them in the staff closet, one of them was Madonna "Bedtime Stories", and the other was a 1969 Woodstock CD.  I was like what the hell, did my parents send me to Bible school.  

When I first came to elan, both sexes were allowed in the kitchen with no one being aware, because anyone could see into the kitchen, that was later changed were males and females were not allowed in the kitchen together at all.  Eventually males and females couldn't hand eachother things, they had to place it on the floor.   I had left before this happened.  I guess to many people were breaking cardinal rules.

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »
That Anon that said Elan became like a hotel resort has a strange vision of a resort. I got to Elan in 91, and everyone could still smoke. If you were 18 as many as you wanted and 10 a week if you were younger. What a joke, 10 a week. Guys with long hair still had to cut it etc etc. Let me tell you, if anything as the years went by it got harder and harder to get away with any normal teenage stuff. It got so strict it became a nightmare to many. I don't know, I think I would rather deal with the screwed up shit and have some freedom, then have no freedom at all. We all experienced Elan a different way, lets not fight over who had it worse, it was just different eras.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2004, 07:39:00 AM »
On 2004-07-06 16:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Who the hell are you? How can you say that..I think you were sleeping at your stay at Elan..In fact from many I have heard that Elan WASSS FAZEd out..and is now FAZED in...I heard according to some of the things youve stated, that Elan was more liberal. Residents could have long hair, they could smoke, there was one on ones and it wasnt soo bad, the incident book was a mess, incidents were lost, thrown away, signed by others, dealt with how ever, long hair..yea right...guys who had long hair had to cut it, girls with dyed hair, had to dye it back, i had black hair when I came in, and it was a big deal... because i have lght brown hair...no "imaged out clothes were aloud to be worn"...this one kid from Danbury CT, I dont remember his name I think it was Rick, got in BIG trouble because his dad sent him "The Source" magazine once...

Music Cds with explicit lyrics, could only be listened to by high strength.

Matt Blickly, lip synched for the contest they have every here that song "Should I stay or should I go, SPLIT...he didnt even sing it, insinuating anything, he was high strength doing real well through the program, and he got shot down,GM amd in a lot of trouble...

Elan...is diffinetly not fazed out...

:em: "

Poster, what year where you there?

I was at Elan I think in 1988-1989, and alot of policies got faded out, policies that I disliked, like cutting your hair even rock t shirts, they allowed us to wear them after time. Music was never controlled during my time, I remember the CT kids listening to 2 live crew and singing the lyics all over the floor, yea staff didnt like it but they never banned music.

When Rosenberg came back to work at elan he had long hair, therfore he was the one that said we can grow our hair as long as we want, hell ther was this kid at elan that had hair down his back.

Elan sure did lighten up on these polices, maybe years after when they restructured they enforced them again?

BTW Johnny Nailz 18 yr olds were only allowed 6 pks a week, got them every Tuesday.

One thing Elan never lightened up on was their stupid shaving policy, they had a staff memebr Tina Hicks going around checking everyone's faces for 5 oclock shawdows. I remeber if we made it 2 days without shaving we considered ourself lucky and getting away with something.

I personally never understood why elan made you shave unless you were a coordintor, hell all the littel children that were coordinator could only grow peach fuzz on their face.

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »
that was me i thought i was logged on..i just want to make it clear, that in 1994, rules were this way...maybe for me they were harsh rules, for you they werent...
i feel this is a chat forum, to express feelings on differences or ideas thoughts about elan. im sorry if i cam eoff as "comparing" not my intention at all.,to fight or whatever..i just want any readers of this to be aware, that Elan is very structured...maybe it has loosened up now, since 1994, like it was back in the days? :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »
:smokin:  :smokin: