Author Topic: GI dorm day  (Read 4494 times)

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« on: June 08, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »
Does anyone remember GI dorm day?  I think that was what they called it.  It was Sunday mornings before Brunch, and we would all clean out our drawers, bed boxes, and closets with a GI sponge.  
I never understood why we cleaned our bed boxes were our toothbrushes and "hygiene proucts" were with a sponge that was used to clean the floors and sometimes toilets day in and day out for months.  A lot of our time spent at elan was filled up with busy work and absolutly pointless activities!  I swear to god when I was there they only changed our sponges like 3 times.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline SyN

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 01:12:00 AM »
not in 3, we slept the fuk in on sunday and saturday, thats about it. pulling on weekends was the best though.  count some heads all night not deal with the staff on weekends.  It rocked.  
Pulling on weekends was the best cause we could play music loud and not worry about it.  I still have to have my radio on when i sleep to this day.  
My boy Brian n me would sit up him playing his 12 string me on harmonica n play music after the floor hit.  Weekends were the best.
SyN
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »
i 2nd that, if anything was at all enjoyable at elan, it was pulling on the the post  on the weekends, i had to be on the post for 3 straight days during the storm of 98, now that sucked.
what was the deal with peanut butter and fluff, all it did would make me need to take a dump, and cheap no name soda?
jesus has risen, and he thinks you are a cocksucker\"

Offline SyN

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 01:23:00 AM »
but i'm not dwelling as some people say and i quote a random p.m......
"not to to be bogged down by the petty bullshit of all you sick former elan kids"

but thats where Most of us grew up; plain n simple.  But if We are sick then we can only blame one entity for doing it to us, and you old schoolers better back me up.  I know even you peoples that got out 15-20-30 years ago still cant forget the random chao's we all grew up in. I think some forget where they come from is all, nothing less.  
Art, Doug, any old schooler, whats the most random elan memory you have to this day that is still pure and clear??  I ask out of pure interest, and as a "sick former elan kid" as quoted from a pm above.
SyN

Offline SyN

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 01:24:00 AM »
fluff was the best what a freakin sugar high.
SyN

Offline SyN

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »
the soda cost 45k a year too only the best....
SyN

Offline SyN

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 01:32:00 AM »
who r ya rae rae? wheres the name from? but gi'ing dorms sounds like e-7
SyN

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 01:34:00 AM »
indeed it does syn, are u a mid 90's kid like us, Rae Rae?
jesus has risen, and he thinks you are a cocksucker\"

Offline SyN

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »
mid 90's.  Man I feel so old now :eek: Ima be 30 in 4 years holy shit! Artman how do you deal!!?? lol just kiddin its 1.40 am now your sleepin like an old man should be lol. just kiddin man dont hurt a brotha..
SyN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »
Elan made us clean all the time becuase they ahd many inspections done routinly by the board of health.

Now think of it this way, imagine if all of us in the house at the time rebeled and refused to clean?

The board of health would have to have shut done elan and cited them, something to think about.

And we all would,ve been free.......

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »
I was in 8 from 97-99, so not really mid 90's more like late nineties I guess

Oh and thinking about refusing to clean and the board of health eventually shutting elan down, how many people think of when they where back in elan if every single one of us just walked out the doors no one could stop us all, that would've been the coolest thing ever.

Offline SyN

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 12:38:00 AM »
I remember the fire dept was going to do an inspection, and the staff went around like crazy unblocking fire escapes and what have you.  Three was a tinder box waiting to go up, we woulda been fucked....
SyN

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »
Hey Rae how are you?  I hated GI dorm day too, and I hated touching those sponges.  Do you remember Mary Pck, she wasn't scared of anything.  I think I remember her sticking her bare hand into a clogged toilet to unclog it once.  I hate pulling weekends, I hated ataying up so long, but the best was pulling sleep, I do agree on thta one.  It really sucked though when they cam up with the rule that bed people had to go outside durring outside time, when a member of the opposite sex over saw thou house.  ZI think I'm gonna cop to some guilt.
1.  I never did bed checks, looking at nasty fat girls butts all night just ain't my thing.
2.  When ever I over saw the house I raided the personal food cabinet and ate veryone stuff.  This was obviously after the lock broke.  Sorry Jerome, I luv ya but I ate some of your slim jim's once
3.   For the last 5 months I was at Elan no one booked me for antything, ever.
4.  I always picked my contracts to be in my dealing crews and we would put the talking to chair directly in the sunligh so that when the person sat down they would be totally blinded.  Man that was funny.
5.  When ever I was c.o.d. im the morning I would cross out all of my L.E.s in the book and put some scribbly fake initials next to it.  I aslo did this for Danielle, tiffany, michelle, lisa, rachel and sabrina.  Because I liked them, and it would look less suspicious.
6.  I wrote fake bring ups for sleep and put Claire woodmans initials on them.  And towards the end I was the only FC for like 5 months so everyone just believed everything I said.  I could walk into the dorms and sleep pretty much whenever I wanted to, inless there was a real dick on dining room zone, then thats where the fake bring up's came in handy.
7.  I never really did my clipboards, and if I did It was a buch of random BS and it's not like the shingles really cared anyways.

Man you know what really sucked! I had to sleep on a top bunk after I split that had a leak over the ceiling that dripped the worst smelling terrifying liquid on me all night.  So I had to tape a small liner over it and empty it every coupld days.

8.  I hid stuffed animals in my pillow case everymorning and then hugged them whe I slept and never got busted.
9.  When Ross Erstling and I were having our little shot down battles whe fucked with eachother so bad.  I would purposely put my butt like 2 inches from his face when I was gi'ing and one time he took the hugest dirt pile and nailed me with it.  It sucked I had sandals on.
So can someone please give me a talking to and some LE's for the major guilt I just copped to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »
On 2004-06-09 21:38:00, MrSyNiStEr wrote:

"I remember the fire dept was going to do an inspection, and the staff went around like crazy unblocking fire escapes and what have you.  Three was a tinder box waiting to go up, we woulda been fucked....

SyN"

I remember corner people sticking paper between the bell in upstairs dorm in elan 3 so it wouldnt go off when you opened the door.

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
GI dorm day
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »
hi Maren A lot of the guilt I aquired was due to being spacey, and unaware of everyting.  I was very careful to do everything right, because the minute I tried to get away with anything everyone automatically knew and was on me like flies on shit. (i.e. taking Quinn's radio even though I had borrowing permission, but not for that specific night, I got busted and a GM, and that was the day after 6 months of waiting,and  my chief eval was finally a YES, hence I didn't get cheif that day, and actually never cause I went through Sr Shingle)  

I did break cardinal rules...  Everyone is like "With who, Rachel?"  My parents sent me a white-out for christmas, god knows why?  And I never turned it in to staff, and sniffed it after lights out, big fuckin deal right.  I never copped to it cause they would've shot me down for like 3 months, and called me a druggie and an addict, eventhough the worse drug I ever did before elan was acid "once"!  So that's my huge chunk of never copped to guilt.

Oh and the few times I ever tried to play games I got CAUGHT! Remember Ryan Blair.  I was so bad he was like 16 and I was 18, gross right?  I got in deep shit for that.  And my biggest contract probably was Anna Moore on the post playing "Pink Elephants on Parade" and making up a ridiculous dance to it.