Author Topic: Raygun- His-story that we shouldn't forget  (Read 7405 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Raygun- His-story that we shouldn't forget
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »
There is no shame in paying tribute to a dead president.  

R.I.P.R.W.R.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »
Deborah,

"THERE YOU GO, AGAIN".

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 03:01:00 AM »
On 2004-06-09 20:50:00, Deborah wrote:

"

What is this a tag team?

Look, I'm not running this forum. I carry no weight here. I'm a participant just like you. Exercise your right to speak your mind, put your ideas out there, if not to me, then certainly to the thousands of other participants- who very well may agree with you and defend you when you feel offended or insulted. And if you have a problem doing so because you fear I might respond in a tactless, insulting, or offensive way; that could be a problem and one that only you can change.

And the purpose of your evaluation? Are you looking for an apology? Looking to be the catalyst for my conversion? Or just thought you'd jump on the bandwagon and let me know how you feel- easier to 'confront' in a mob?

Do you want to debate/argue, or would you prefer to put your anonymous thinking out and have no one (me) respond, unless it's favorable?

I kinda suspect the latter, but identify your personal boundaries for interaction and I'll try my best not to offend or insult you- that is, when I can distinquish you from all the other anons. Perhaps you could put a trailer on your messages: The anon who fears being offended or insulted by the tactless Deborah.

And if you'll waste just another minute of your time, I'd be curious to know- if you hold me in such disregard, why in the world would anything I have to say matter? I'm trying to fathom why an anonymous poster with no identity is so concerned about being offended or insulted by someone else comments? Isn't that one of the benefits of being anon? Can you help me out?

Speak, argue, debate.. anything other than whine. You insult yourself.

"
Ok, let me help you understand. I am perfectly capable of speaking, arguing, and debating. I was responding to you saying, "Would any of you care to share the things Reagan did for you etc..." My point was that I think it would be a waste of time to debate my ideas with you. I can't make you understand what being tactless, insulting, or offensive is. I'm sure you know what it is like to talk to someone who thinks they are right about everything. I am not scared of you. I am not looking for an apology or in anyway trying to be a catalyst for your conversion. I think you are annoying and I would much rather debate with someone like the patriot. He could be an example to you, Someone who says what's on their mind without being a jerk.

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »
On 2004-06-09 18:12:00, Deborah wrote:

"Oh Brother.

You accuse me of thinking only my opinions have relevance, as if ever damned one of you don't feel exactly the same way or you wouldn't have bothered responding. You didn't read that into other's comments Patriot? Why? Who did I make 'wrong'? I would bet you money that not one person in this thread feels 'wrong' as a result of my comments.

I imagine that all of you dislike what I posted but rather than praise Reagan, you attacked me for having a different opinion and not being nice or PC by your definition. And I have "arrested development"?

Would any of you care to share the wonderful things Reagan did for you, your families, the country; and stop evaluating me?

[ This Message was edited by: Deborah on 2004-06-09 18:13 ]"

First of all let me respond by saying PC is bullshit I don't buy into it and as far as you "making" people feel wrong Nope, I don't think you do that at all you don't have the power to do that, not with me anyway. You are crass , rude and post as if anyone who is not as far left leaning as you are wrong which is fine. We obviuosly don't agree on most issues but I respect your opinoin even if I don't agree with it, I do not patronize you or condescend to you as you do with most you disagree with. God can you ever disagree with anyone and not be pissy???? I wonder, but have a great day Deborah[ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2004-06-10 06:18 ]
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »
What did Reagan do?with the help of Gorbie, took down the wall and during most his second term this country was probably more economically prosperous than any other time in America. He was not perfect there were questions with Iran contra, there are always questions regardless of the administration in charge. But the thing that stands out the most in my mind is that he had so much respect for the office he held he would not even remove his coat in the oval office which is more than I can say for slick Willy. Like him or not he was better than Carter or Clinton by far. But then again tht is just my opinion.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »
Hell, Slick Willie dropped his pants in the Oval Office seemingly any chance he could, while his wife, the first lady, made every excuse in the book for her sorry husband.  The day the Clintons checked out of the people's house was a good day for America because their departure signaled the end of a long, troubled presidency and fucked up marriage.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »
**My point was that I think it would be a waste of time to debate my ideas with you.

I got that. What I fail to understand is why, unless your intention is not to debate but to convince me to adopt your opinion, which you realize is probably futile. I too, often decide that it's not worth my time and effort to debate with someone who is passionate about their position. Depends on my mood, but whether I perceive them as tactless, insulting or offensive is not how I decide. Notice that we are different that way, and that we are having a debate of sorts. I also notice that you will waste your time to evaluate me, but not debate with me.  

**I can't make you understand what being tactless, insulting, or offensive is. I'm sure you know what it is like to talk to someone who thinks they are right about everything.

Yes I do. I noticed it in how you assumed that you know THE definition of tactless, insulting, and offensive, and that YOU 'can't make me understand'.  No two people are the same in terms of what offends them. If you can't 'make me understand' what YOU perceive as insulting or offensive; if you can't identify what YOUR personal boundaries are for engaging with another; that again is a problem for YOU to work out, if it's important.

**I think you are annoying and I would much rather debate with someone like the patriot.

Thanks for sharing. Feel better since you got that off your chest? Get about debating with Patriot and spare me your ongoing evaluations, as they are of no use to me, whatever your intention.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »
:lol:  :lol: Dam Deborah I'll bet your a real treat to live with.... you ok? or are you always pissed off?
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »
**You are crass , rude and post as if anyone who is not as far left leaning as you are wrong which is fine.

Obviously not fine, but oh well.

Could it be possible that more people need to move to the left? I mean:

It's 2004, humans are on the brink of extention if things don't change.

Government policies are not protecting humans, other life forms, or the environment that sustains us all.

Our country, the most powerful and wealthy on the planet ranked 6th in the UN Quality of Life survey. SIXTH

Government cuts funds (refuses to return our taxes) to social programs that would help we 'the people' and refunnels them it into the coffers of corporations.

Our government is largely controlled by radical christians or their stool pigeons, who see the destruction of the Earth and all its species as necessary to hearald in their coveted prophecy- The Rapture.

That's enough for a partial list.
Pardon me, If I appear bitter or left. Survival of the species and quality of life is important to me and my children. In that sense I think I am right, if there is such a thing. I resent living under and the dictates of religious dogma disguised as policy.
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »
First of all if you believe any UN survey I feel sorry for you, the UN is far more corrupt than our own goverment.[ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2004-06-10 09:58 ]
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »
Brink of extinction???? last time i looked outside I saw all kinds of Humans running around, give me a break.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »
"I resent living under and the dictates of religious dogma disguised as policy. "

Ok whatever, there is a way out of that one, I believe its Switzerland.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Or vote them out, but under our two party system you will get the samething in a different wrapper
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »
Thanks for your 'right' opinion Patriot.

Check out the report. Contradict if you can, the statistics such as infant mortality, homelessness, poverty, etc that were used to rank the countries.

Otherwise, feel sorry for yourself and your grandchildren and their children. I mean, how bad does it have to get for people to admit that something's not kosher? I genuinely would like to hear how you forsee the future? How do you see the few problems I outlined as resolving themselves? Or are they important to you?

As to your comment about me being a treat to live with. It could be, depending on your level of security. One thing for certain, it wouldn't be a dull, boring, or pretentious.

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »
"As to your comment about me being a treat to live with. It could be, depending on your level of security. One thing for certain, it wouldn't be a dull, boring, or pretentious." :lol:  :lol:

Thats good I appretiate your sense of humor, but like I said I don't buy into anything the UN says.

How do I see the future? well I am not a fortune teller But alot depends on Goverments yes and putting the right people in office, although somethings will never be able to be controlled I guess you can chalk that up to evolution, I don't know. But alot of a individuals future depends upon them , and not counting on goverment handouts etc. I never said my opinion was right I just said it was mine nothing more. As far as contradicting any report from the UN like I said I don't buy into their rhetoric look at the countrys that head up the Un do you think that those are better places to live I think their reports are biased. I have travled extensively abroad I still think we live in a far better place than any I have visited. Is your life really that bad?? really? you sound very unhappy, is your glass half empty or half full. I understand this is a far from perfect world , but if it is that bad for you what are you doing to change it?? just curious. Ans I am still confused as to when I ever said my opinion was right but if thats how you see it call me right
 :lol:

And if this country is that bad maybe you should join Alex Baldwin in Switzerland....Oh wait he never did move there I guess he has it too good here, I guess thats why we continue to have a flood of immigration, or maybe they just want the free hand outs.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »
**Ok whatever, there is a way out of that one, I believe its Switzerland....    

Thanks, but that's not a solution? Promise me this, if you ever reach the level of president that you'll pardon me and all the other 'lefties', as I've been labled, from paying taxes to a government that does not represent our views and values. Perhaps you could cut out a corner in the desert for us and grant us sovereignty.

**Or vote them out, but under our two party system you will get the samething in a different wrapper

Hey, we agree on something. But, how has it been successful in countries with multiple parties? The people in those countries appear to be dealing with the same or similar issues of living we have here. I vote, but I don't think it's going to help a hole hell of a lot. Whichever crook or stool pigeon gets elected, they are still beholding to corporations, which they or their cronnies are invested in.