Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 12591 times)

Offline darkhunterhope

• View Profile
Thank You
« on: May 28, 2004, 12:59:00 AM »
Thank you. I just wanted to come in here and thank each and everyone of you that love and support survivors of various things in life. I myself am a survivor of Provo Canyon School in Provo, Utah, and I am only 18. However, even though I am only 18, it has never been harder for me to love someone or trust someone, and I imagine it is only going to either be the same or get harder as life moves on. I have nightmares each night and punch the headboard. I stay over at my girlfriends house and I sleep on the couch or the floor even though she wants me to sleep in the bed with her. I am afraid of injuring her in my sleep without knowing it because of a nightmare. And I know that it is harder to love someone and trust them if the person they are with cannot do the same and that it is hard to be there and watch the one you love be in pain, or have crazy nightmares and attack 'people', punching the headboard on the bed or the wall, breaking a window in they're sleep without knowing by putting they're fist through it. So I know it is not easy, on either sides. So I am here to thank you all for loving us survivors, and even if you don't really, I won't tell :wink: But thanks for trying.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
o be able to look back upon one\'s past life with satisfaction is to live twice.

-  Marcus Valerius Martial

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 09:33:41 PM »
darkhunter.. what you have is p.t.s.d... it's very treatable, but time is important.. 5 years is not too long.. look for a psychologist(not a psychiatrist) who is familiar with ptsd.. perfereably one who is same- sex, same religious /poltical affiliation, and best, one who has done 'cop-work' or similiar.. their usually tough guys, who've been there done that. avoid 'lily livered' 'can't we all just get along' types.. there is much hope, so get going boy! warning! very many crazy as batshit people are drawn to psychology/psychiatry, so if it don't seem right, it ain't!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »