Author Topic: ezboard site  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ezboard site
« on: April 13, 2004, 03:44:00 AM »
Anyone know what happened to the "CEDU survivor" and "We've Been There" sites on ezboard?  They seem to have just disappeared.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
I was interested in this issue. I believe that there was some involvement of the emotional growth industry in the sites.

They seemed to be tracking people. Often these sites are bought up or won in lawsuits by the other side. I stopped using We've been there when I started getting up to 8 attempts to plant trojan horses on my C drive daily.  

This site, I believe, is safe - for now.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
ezboard site
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »
I know that a lot of sites have gone down over the past couple of years. I don't have the details about why they've gone down. But if anyone knows how to get ahold of the former forum operators, I sure would appreciate hearing from any who were forced or intimidated into shutting down.

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antibody?

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »
:smile:
On 2004-04-13 09:08:00, Antigen wrote:

"I know that a lot of sites have gone down over the past couple of years. I don't have the details about why they've gone down. But if anyone knows how to get ahold of the former forum operators, I sure would appreciate hearing from any who were forced or intimidated into shutting down.

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"

:smile:  :smile:
 :smile:

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »
I don't know who thinks up all this conspiracy shit, but cedusurvivors is still up on EZ-board. The original starter of it is going to college and can't keep the site quite the way he wants it, and it started to get pretty hardcore, there was a lot of people there at one time, and most of them knew each other. We started flaming people a little and it kind of turned us all off of it. I was just there today, and it is still up, and it is still a great place to connect with ex-cedu kids. "The Man" did not shut it down.

By the way, CEDU liked Emerson and all that bullshit, so now I fucking hate any emerson saying

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »
Glad it's not been shut down. Could you please give me the url? The "paranoia" is not unwarranted. WWASP bought out intrepidnetreporter.net as soon as it expired after Donna Headrick passed on. I'm sure I've seen others either shut down or get a serious editing and the admins explain that their lawyer made them do it.

I would like to hear from anyone who's been through that.

"...In general, it's just an overall sign in America that there doesn't seem to be as much respect for authority figures, and that's a bad trend. It just strikes me that people can say whatever they want to and get away with it, and that's not good."

--But David Murrell, exec. dir. of the Florida Police Benevolent Association

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »
http://pub57.ezboard.com/fwevebeentherefrm7 turns up dead. Did they move?

Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundation, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0813912652/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> James Madison

Offline Maximus

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »
There is nothing terrably wrong with the essay Self Reliance and there is nothing of CEDU in it.

With regard to other sites, heed the words of Ginger. Evil can very quickly advance upon good.

For example the Cult Awarnes Network is now owned by the Church of Scientology - They won it in a lawsuit and it continuse to develop a list of people it considers fair game.

Now, again, with regard to Ralph Waldo Emerson and Self Reliance. CEDU or not, he was a progressive master of free thought. CEDU used Emerson to promote its own grandiosity and to create the false perception that CEDU embraced the values in Self Reliance (this is a straw man fallicy) and, let's face it pure CEDU Bullshit.

If you read the whole Emerson Essay called "Self Reliance" you will see that Emerson hated authority, hated dogma, hated conformity, hated self agrandisement and would have hated CEDU with a passion unmatched by the fires of a burning hell. God bless him.

Emerson stated the following:
"He who is a man must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the NAME of goodness (cedu) but first must determine if it be goodness."

Clearly CEDU personifies the opposite. They would say the following:

"he who is a man must conform to the CEDU system 110%. He who would gather immortal palms must "buy in" to all our dogma or be excommunicated because CEDU is all perfect, all good, all knowing, without any flaw. Anyone who questions CEDU, thinks for himself, or is a critical thinker in any way, is to be cast out and damned to hell" - all Mormons trancending. HA HA HA (couldn'r resist, afrer all the "Gods" of cedu so resemble the future Gods of Moroni).  

So don't kill literature (the messinger) because a tyrant power structure uses the messaage as a tool to brainwash. CEDU is full of shit, Emerson is not.

Part of critical thinking, my friend, is reading and drawing inferances from objective positions of differing perspectives. Moving around and looking from differing areas of perception and ideology is key. Doing less is no better than embracing the tyrant, CEDU in this case, as literal truth. So let intellect, not bias, rule the day. Read the Essay and judge it accordingly. You will find that it is not pure truth (nothing is). You will find a few flaws buried in diamonds of brilliance - The same brilliance upon which this country was intended to be based, and the way back home.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »
Where is the site on ezboard?  I can't access it through "We've Been there" or "Cedusurvivors".  Perhaps the name has been changed?  Anyone know how to get there?

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »
I don't know I was just there. IT IS NOT SHUT DOWN.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 08:04:00 PM »
can you post the url you logged on to get there?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&edit ... ch+the+Web

All dead.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Anonymity Anonymous
It is wrong to leave a stumbling block in the road once it has tripped you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 12:59:00 AM »
The site belonged to me and I was unable to maintain it because of my schedule at college.  I was also unhappy with the flamewars that it turned into.  This wasn't my original intent when I created the website.

CeduSurvivor

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ezboard site
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »
just tried to find it....I think it is down.