Author Topic: Hey Bunnies  (Read 5821 times)

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« on: May 24, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »
I ran into Josh Magnuson the other day on accident, turn out he lives right by me.  It was pretty cool.  I got his number if anyone wants to talk to him.  He's doing um, pretty good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »
I mostly remember Josh from that ring with Dale M. My question is: why the fuck isn't he filing a lawsuit against Elan right now?

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »
It's funny that you mention that ring.  That was def the worst ring I ever saw and we talked about it quite a bit.  Dale was about 5 inches taller than josh and he was also a kickboxer.  Within the first punch Josh's nose was broken and blood was everywhere.  Marc Rosenburg was laughing, and Josh had that ring for just joking around.  he didn't even touch anyone.  To this day if you look at Josh you can tell he has had his nose broken from that.  The worst part is he was a brand new resident.  I remember he was just standing in front of 3 houses dripping with bloodwhen everyone mindlessly got their feelings off for him.  I was a brand new resident too and I was crying at the ring.  I was told by an E-7 staff member that If I didn't stop crying I would be next.  Some people just accept what has happened and I don't think many of us feel as though we are strong enough to file law suits on our own, now if we could all get together that would be a different thing.  When I was a high strength and coordinator I was asked to be the "good guy" in the ring many times with out of controll females, I always refused.  And I rememeber being treated like crap for not wanting to participate. Does anyone remember tiffany's 3 house ring where they slammed her head gear over her head so that her hair was completely covering her eyes and she couldn't even fight back.  My 4 year anniversary of graduating just passed about 2 1/2 weeks ago and i still can't think about this stufff, it makes me sick to my stomach.  I wish all the staff would come to there sences and quit.  Maybe go into real rehab progs where they actually can do some good.  BTW if you were there for Josh's 3 house ring w/ Dale who are you?  Im curious. I probably know you.[ This Message was edited by: MarenMaren on 2004-05-25 06:25 ]

Offline O.U.2

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »
Why must Marc R. name always be mentioned in almost everyones worst day at ELAN? Coinsidence?

hhhmmmmmmmmmm........... :eek:
You feeling froggy Motherfucker?\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »
Marc Rosenburg wasn't human.  He was the meanest man Im sure I will ever meet.

Offline Sweet Girl

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »
Hey Maren!
It's Kate B. from E-7 and Ilinois school.  I totally remember that ring with Tiffany.  I remember it pretty vividly actually.  I think I had only been there for about 2 or 3 months then- and like you said about Josh's ring, I cried through the whole thing.  I actually think that I cried during every ring that I saw up until the day I graduated.  I think that all of the emotion and tension in the room was just too intense for me.  But I do believe that the ring that Tiffany was in was the first 3 house ring/GM that I ever saw there, and it was definitely what scared me into doing whatever I was told to do in that place.  
     Now that I think about it though, how did she breathe let alone fight back?!  And didn't they make her keep the head gear on after the ring when they were screaming at her?  I just remember her gasping for air when she was trying to explain herself to the staff that were drilling her at the time.
      Not a pretty memory of elan to say the least.  But as far as Josh M., I would love to talk to him and see what he's up to these days.  He's one of those people that left elan and I never heard about again- until now.  Could you email me his number?  [email protected] is my email.  Hope to hear from you soon.  
I hope everyone is doing well, :wave:  
Kate B. E-7 '98-'00
Well I\'ve been afraid of changin, because I\'ve built my life around you.  But time makes you bolder- even children get older, and I\'m getting older too.\" -Fleetwood Mac

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »
On 2004-05-25 06:24:00, MarenMaren wrote:

BTW if you were there for Josh's 3 house ring w/ Dale who are you?  Im curious. I probably know you.[ This Message was edited by: MarenMaren on 2004-05-25 06:25 ]"

This is Quinn Kelly, I'm usually not on here that much. I actually came here because of a specific reason; my friend's sister is now in Elan, I'm the author of that post.

Offline Marty Douchebag Kruglik

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 08:01:00 AM »
On 2004-05-25 06:24:00, MarenMaren wrote:

"It's funny that you mention that ring.  That was def the worst ring I ever saw and we talked about it quite a bit.  Dale was about 5 inches taller than josh and he was also a kickboxer.  Within the first punch Josh's nose was broken and blood was everywhere.  Marc Rosenburg was laughing, and Josh had that ring for just joking around.  he didn't even touch anyone.  To this day if you look at Josh you can tell he has had his nose broken from that.  The worst part is he was a brand new resident.  I remember he was just standing in front of 3 houses dripping with bloodwhen everyone mindlessly got their feelings off for him.  I was a brand new resident too and I was crying at the ring.  I was told by an E-7 staff member that If I didn't stop crying I would be next.  Some people just accept what has happened and I don't think many of us feel as though we are strong enough to file law suits on our own, now if we could all get together that would be a different thing.  When I was a high strength and coordinator I was asked to be the "good guy" in the ring many times with out of controll females, I always refused.  And I rememeber being treated like crap for not wanting to participate. Does anyone remember tiffany's 3 house ring where they slammed her head gear over her head so that her hair was completely covering her eyes and she couldn't even fight back.  My 4 year anniversary of graduating just passed about 2 1/2 weeks ago and i still can't think about this stufff, it makes me sick to my stomach.  I wish all the staff would come to there sences and quit.  Maybe go into real rehab progs where they actually can do some good.  BTW if you were there for Josh's 3 house ring w/ Dale who are you?  Im curious. I probably know you.[ This Message was edited by: MarenMaren on 2004-05-25 06:25 ]"

Thats odd, I went to elan in 88 I think, and we had rings, but if someone got injured the ring would stop immediately and the injured where examined.

Sounds like in your era Elan did not care.
Oh and by the way, the kid that was in the ring and got injured was given a ring becuase he punched his S.P's in the corner and acted out.

You had to assualt to get a ring from my era, don't recall staff actaully laughing, but they did get a rise out of it.

Offline Marina

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »
Josh Magnuson was a real chill dude. When he got a house switch to 7, I was surprised because Claire made it seem as If he were a "monster" during his 3 house. He was actually one of the few males I happened to get along with quite well and never got accused of playing games with. Speaking of which, who remembers Josh Lanzara? He was my good friend, he even sat on my couch but I never really got a hold of him. If anyone happens to have his e-mail address or something, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Peace!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 08:33:00 AM »
I haven't posted in a while, but I figured I would chime in.  That ring was on new year's eve too, because it kicked off three or four more rings for mitchell k. not wanting to fight.  I always liked josh.  I remember being on his SP one time during dinner, and I turned my head for a second and when I looked back something was different.  Well, Kitchen crew had just brought an apple pie in and told me to cut out a piece.  Josh had grabbed the pie and was face deep in it.  When he looked up at me, with pie all over his face and a goofy grin, I almost pissed myself laughing.  I used to write about that elan ring a lot.  Probably the most disturbing ring I ever saw.  Someone told me I was lying when I wrote about it.  I remember the blood splattering on Tania.  Jon Z. was a new resident, he was brought straight from his nix shower to the ring, just in time to see Dale break josh's nose in the first twenty seconds of the ring.  Still one of those things I remember very vividly.

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 08:53:00 AM »
Wow you people have good memories, I remember jon ziv walking in durring that ring too, and I was like man this kid is not gonna get this at all.  Turns out Jon ended up being the perfect elan kid and never did anything wrong, (except for that time we got shot down for "playing games" which never happened)  I was RR of SC and I was like asking about his basics and I think he laughed or smiled and we both got shot down like we were intending to run straight out to Vegas and get married.  CRAZY SHIT.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »
I don't know why you got shotdown for playing games with Jon Z. when it never happened. Elan staff weren't all that bright, though, they never caught me playing games with Bryant W., or maybe it was that I had too many contracts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »
I had sooooooooo many contracts what a joke

Offline MarenMaren

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »
The funniest thing was contracts on the post.  I remember everytime i pulled with Joe Martin he was sooo funny.  When I would take my post back after a run he would be all the way by the back door doing buddah poses or handstands then he'd fall over.  It was sooo funny.  And the night before the Boston trip For some Reason Michelle Lessard Jim Bronkema and me were all pulling together.  We had some string and a beanie baby and We tied it to the cieling and took turns making it fly down the hall.  I was also once pulling upstairs on an SP with Tiffany and we were lowering rolls of toilet paper over the ledge and Hitting Jim bronkema in the head with them, LOL this wouldn't souund that funny to someone who doesn't know what elan was, but we were so hard up for some humor, pulling was the easiest wat to contract out or play games without a doubt.  Staff had to know that shit went on.  We were almost always on 1 on 1's when we held posts for eachother.  I never broke cards though.  i didn't think anyone was worth it I guess.  Ryan Blaire, everytime I hear his name I just wanna laugh.  On time he was on head counts with a mouthfull of shampoo running through the dinning room blowing bubbles everywhere.  No one booked him or cared either.  LOL Man Some stuff was so funny.

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
Hey Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »
Does anyone remember Mitchell Kerbel?  He was like only 11 when he got to elan, and left when he was 15.  He spent probaly half his time in elan in the corner.  He had like 5 rings.  I think he had like a record of having the most rings.  And everytime he was put in the ring he would just collapse to the ground, and not move.  I remember people had to hold him up, while the other person tried to pound the crap outta his 78 lb body.  What I thought was the biggest bullshit was Mitchell being shipped off to elan like 6 months after losing his mother.  I remember balling my eyes out during one of his GM's when he was talking about his mother and how much he missed her.  He was a little shit but he was also only a child.