Author Topic: Growing Together  (Read 7800 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »
I am taking gt to court
need all information
[email protected]
thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2004, 03:59:00 AM »
I am taking gt to court
please send any and all information
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2004, 04:01:00 AM »
need information about gt for legal reasons
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »
This is True I work with this Guy if this is who I think it is.. Wrote by brandon sokol

Offline THE DRAGON

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2004, 03:09:00 AM »
I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST INTAKES IN GT IN 87.
IM HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE ALIVE.
I AM A FORMER 7 STEPPER X-STAFFMEMBER,
AND WANT TO SEE THE GUILTY BROUGHT TO TRAIL,
AS I WAS QUOTED IN THE GT ARTICLE. ::armed::
EAVEN DIDNT WANT ME,AND HELL WAS AFRAID I WOULD TAKE OVER

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Growing Together
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »
Sokol as in Straight, Sarasota Sokol?

"The FARC is part of the history of Colombia and a historical phenomenon", (President Pastrana) says, "and they must be treated as Colombians". ... They come and ask for bread [aid from Washington], and you give them stones.

Robert White is a former American ambassador to Paraguay and El Salvador, and former No. 2 man with the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, is president of the Centre for International Policy in Washington D.C.
http://narconews.com/' target='_new'>Robert White

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Bnasty

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »
I was refering to a different posting on my last post "this is true I work with this guy"

...Taking GT to court, You guys are fucked up, to the gentleman above I would strongly reconsider it. Why did you have a hard time following rules? Ok so its tough, I spent 15 months in there and Im not bitching..Did you, What did your son spend 5 months??? Ohhh musta been hard, add 10 to that...PS I am pretty sure I met your son at a meeting I chaired last night, HHMMM obviously it works cause he was in a meeting...LEt it go...Spend your money and effort that your putting into this on your son!
Feel free to email me cause I 'll tell you what I think! I had no place to go but to GT , Youd be suprised to know my story and where im at now.What about the kids that really need it? PS do you believe everything you here!!!Cause I got the mona lisa for sale too, wanna buy it!!
The one and Only\"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »
On 2004-12-30 16:36:00, Bnasty wrote:

Taking GT to court, You guys are fucked up, to the gentleman above I would strongly reconsider it. Why did you have a hard time following rules?

Maybe the "rules" required that he endure and cover up rape w/o complaint? I had no problem getting through the Program either, till the "rules" required that I pretend it was good and right to drive a 15yo boy out of his fucking mind.

But just so long as your sorry ass was saved, then it's ok, right? Where the fuck is your 7th step, son!

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »
On 2004-12-30 17:12:00, Antigen wrote:

Where the fuck is your 7th step, son!

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »
On 2003-02-24 14:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I have a friend whose son is in GT and the rules and restrictions on HER lifestyle drive me crazy. Every night she has kids which she has to feed, etc. She can't have calls from outsiders..like me and she is not supposed to be in a romantic relationship while her son is there. To me it almost sounds like a cult. At first I was supportive but now I wonder..can anyone advice?"

Seriously, though. I'm pretty sure GT is not only like a cult, it is a cult. And it's one that, for the most part, has the full blessing and support of many pillars of the community. Not all, just many.

So read up on cults and how families and friends have dealt w/ their loved ones' involvement. It's also very similar to abusive, overly controling romantic relationships. You can get some good insights there, too.

Rule #1 is to never get manipulated into being adversarial. Don't argue logic or evidence w/ your friend. Just be there for her when she wants you to be and avoid discussing the group unless she brings it up and then drop it the minute she's uncomfortable w/ the topic. When you're in the midst of this sort of thing, you don't really quit thinking entirely even though you're forbidden to say what you think sometimes.

The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization.
--Sigmund Freud

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »
I'm on my way...
      w/ my program
I'm on my way...
      w/ my program

What a joke. How can you take that place serious? I was in there for 15 months in Lake Worth, upstairs, not the basement. You people need a hobby. F'n cry babies. It sucked, we got out, get over it. If you want you can come over to my place and have a beer. Maybe your 'addictive' personality will give us a long lasting relationship. I'll be your dealer!!!!

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Growing Together
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »
On 2005-01-08 12:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm on my way...

w/ my program

I'm on my way...

w/ my program

What a joke. How can you take that place serious? I was in there for 15 months in Lake Worth, upstairs, not the basement. You people need a hobby. F'n cry babies. It sucked, we got out, get over it. If you want you can come over to my place and have a beer. Maybe your 'addictive' personality will give us a long lasting relationship. I'll be your dealer!!!!"

Just what is it that makes you (and some others) think that everyone who posts and disagrees has no other hobbies?  What exactly is that?  

Do you send email to your friends and family?  Maybe chat on an instant messenger program with a school buddy who's now living on the opposite coast?  Does this consume you?  Is that your hobby?  

::cheers::
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline farlessgreg

• View Profile
Re: Growing Together
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »
I WAS ORGINAL STAFF AT GT 1987 AND LEFT 1990 AS STAFF CORD.

Quote from: "Guest"
Hello ! I was in straight from 90 - 92 , atlanta. I also worked at Growing Together off and on for five years. I would like to be totally fair, and say that it was as bad as straight in many regards up until perhaps four years ago. I can't credit Mickey Bowman, the CEO up until months ago, who was fired, or let go, or resigned, whatever they want to call it because of her tendency to order prescription drugs over the internet ( from mexico, personal use )Mickey Bowman was the last real solid link to straight in that place, her still using son worked there, and her babysitter also worked there during her tenure, she was not suited for her position, and hurt many people. I would like to take a sceond and say that in the last few years growing together has actually become a really good treatment center, as an ex straight client, I can say this with no guilt. I spent time in rooms with male staff in straight, getting poked and fucked with until i "went off", got restrained, spit on, all the fun stuff, and I can say that GT offers something wholly different thatn i received in straight, just something to keep in mind, as we go. I know its hard to believe but there are staff working there now, who spent years trying to get GT away from the straight mentality, and overall it has worked, the sexual misadventures , the naked crusader episode, was something I personally testified in court over, and as a staff member treated wholly different than any of my straight staff would have, its the truth, the truth is that it is not straight , it has avolved , not like kids, or phoenix evolved, it is no longer a shadow of what you and i would think of it as, kids who get out havent been spit on by staff, havent had underwear therapy, the problems they have look similar to any helfway house or treatment center problem, and wit hmickey bowman gone there is no reason to believe that all GT will do is continue to evolve, anyone who suffered there deserves resolution, and I hope you find it, but responsible, compassionate people, have worked hard to create a healthy treatment center, i dont know, i know it sounds too good to be true, but i am just being honest, as honest as i am when i talk about what i endured in straight, not everything that came from straight is bad, and not all of wes' facts are right on either, look for yourself

Offline farlessgreg

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 09:44:18 PM »
I WAS THERE FROM OPEN 1987 TO 1990

Quote from: "wesfager"
Hi Maddie,

I am interested in your experince at GT.  Please email me at http://www.thestraights.com

Wes Fager
http://www.thestraights.com

Offline farlessgreg

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 09:47:18 PM »
I WAS ORGINAL STAFF FROM 1987 TO1990 IT WAS NOT LIKE THAT WGHEN I WAS THERE AND BARBAR GRIFFITH RAN IT

Quote from: "Ms.P"
Knock some sense into her!  I was in GT 10 years ago.  Now I am a well adjusted adult with a husband and child.... yet here I am visiting this web site to try to (finally) deal with what occured at that place.  It is a cult, it is not in her son's best interest, and in the case of *every* fellow prisoner I came in contact with after "the program"-- they all were MUCH worse off after being (ahem) "treated" at GT.  Myself included.  

The parents are just as brainwashed as the kids.  My mom (now, 10 years later) admits she was bullied by staff and I know the only reason I wasn't pulled out sooner was because (if I remember correctly) GT was $20,000 and was completely forfeited after a couple of weeks.  "Use it or lose it."  

I don't want to scare you off with a rampage-- but please feel free to email me with any specific questions or if you would like to hear more about my experience.  Growing Together should be shut down.  I would appreciate the oppurtunity to help you save this family.

Ms.P

[ This Message was edited by: Ms.P on 2003-02-24 21:54 ]