Author Topic: New CEDU lawsuit  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« on: July 18, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »
Because the firm i was using for my lawsuit turned out to be a bit dishonest and not capable of suing something as powerful as CEDU i am once again starting over.  I have only 4 people and a lawyer right now, but will be putting together a case stronger then CEDU has ever seen.  If you want information IM me at jmg532 or email me at [email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 11:28:00 PM »
u guys make me sick. everyone has a right for justice with being abused at cedu, but sueing them is not going to get them to close down. don't get me wrong i know how bad cedu is because i went there, but most people sueing cedu because they just want the money. I mena how SELFISH is that. why can't anyone do someting for the kids not themeselves. you can help cedu get closed down by talking to the twin peaks sherfis dep in california, or speaking with social services becasue cedu is under investigation right now!!

when people hear that there is money involved everyone starts to step up. but when its helping a bunch of kids? how sad! :skull:  

So if your in the spirit of giving contact this number and you can talk to the cedu investigaor in ca. they are trying to bring cedu to court on very severe charges!

26010 Highway 189
P.O. Box 384
Twin Peaks, CA 92391
(909) 336-0600

ask to speak with someone regarding cedu.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 11:56:00 PM »
enough suits will bring them down...well its not about money, you are entitled to what you gave to them.  it makes me sick that you are interested in protecting this school

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »
everyone on this site makes me sick, I learned something, and now have a great relationship with my parents, i know that i will eat shit for saying that but screw all of you who dis on me.  Let some kids there get the chance Jesus Christ, and if you werent a fucking retard you would know all the changes that have gone down there

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »
I'm sure you turned out to be a good little sheep,obedient and never questioning what you were told.  

HEY CEDU SHEEP, BAAAHAHA!!!

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »
by the way, i am all for people suing cedu into the ground. the sooner cedu goes broke, the sooner they shut down, permanently! i can't think of any better way to help those kids than that! :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »
im not defending the school at all i used to go there and i know how abusive it is, everyone is entitled to money if they suffer but most, people not all, but most sue CEDU for the money not the kids. i have conatcted social services and talked to the sheriff. how dare you claim that i am defending the school, you should have read my message more carefully. i would not be talking to the police and giving them helkpful documents to close cedu down if i loved it soo much. you don't know me and you have no right to judge me. i am not saying AT ALL that you don't have the right to get MONEY but the sheriffs is hardly getting people who are stepping up because there is no CASH PRIZE INVOLVED. so if you want to man a real man step up to the plate and the to the twin peaks department of san berndino CA sheriff. and ask to give informatoin regarding cedu.  :evil: HELP THE KIDS FIRST AND THEN GET YOUR MONEY. BESIDES EVEN IF A BUNCH OF PEOPLE SUED AND CLENAED THEM DRY OF CASH THEY ARE FINANCIALLY BACKED UP BY A CORPARATOIN SO IF CEDU LOSSES A LOT MONEY THEY WILL JUST GET REMBURSED BY THERE CORPARATION. AND NO SUEING THEM IS NOT GOING TO HELP IN THERE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION OF CEDU RIGHT NOW!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »
On 2004-07-18 22:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"everyone on this site makes me sick, I learned something, and now have a great relationship with my parents, i know that i will eat shit for saying that but screw all of you who dis on me.  Let some kids there get the chance Jesus Christ, and if you werent a fucking retard you would know all the changes that have gone down there"

and your posts are a shining example of what we can expect to come out of these places!!!!

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »
even big corporations will think twice about sponsoring a school that becomes a liability. if cedu gets it's ass kicked enough times in court, it will draw attention and the media will eventually catch on, anyone funding cedu will be forced to think twice before throwing their money away on losing ventures!

Of course people who have information should tell the san bernardino police department, but that doesn't mean former students who have a case shouldn't sue.  And why not make a few bucks off of cedu if we can, just think about all the money they conned from our parents.

Why should the Wassermans get to keep all that money?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »
Corporations settle all the time and still make $$.  If you want compensation from CEDU for damage, fine.  But that should not take the place of prosection for serious crimes... Settling doesn't leave a mark on their record the way prosecuting does.  Prosecution also damages the ability for those involved to work elsewhere and do it all over again.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »
i agree that a criminal conviction is the most effective way to damage cedu, no doubt about it, however, it is very difficult to obtain such convictions, especially against companies with the kind of money and connections that cedu has.

the problem is that the burden of proof lies on the state, and unfortunately, many of us have been removed from cedu for a number of years now.  remember that to be convicted of a criminal charge, one must be proven guilty beyond a resonable doubt.  the staff who abused us may no longer work at cedu, we had no real way to document what was happening to us, and cedu certainly didn't document it. furthermore, we all know the ways that staff fucked with our heads and abused our minds, unfortunately, that doesn't always mean that what was done to us falls under the strict legal definition of criminal abuse.  i wouldn't be surprised if mel wasserman had a whole team of legal experts reviewing his brainwashing methods and techniques to determine how far he could go, and what he can "legally" get away with.  no matter how true our stories are, proving that to a court of law is a whole different matter.

as a business owner myself, i am aware that companies are sued all the time, and usually end up in settlements.  i've been sued myself.  the difference in a civil case is that the standard of proving guilt beyond a resonable doubt doesn't apply here. to the contrary, the prosecution usually only has to prove that enough doubt exists regarding the defendant's innocence. speaking from experience, i would argue that the burden of proof is harder on the defendant rather than the plaintiff.  Not only does the defense have to provide enough evidence showing that the allegations against them are false, you also have prove that the other party is suing you for the wrong reasons (why they are really out to get you).  again, speaking from experience, this is usually very costly and difficult to do...that is the reason why most companies settle, it's cheaper just to pay someone off, than it is to spend the time and resources needed to prove them a liar.

obviously the victory of settling out of court is nothing compared to obtaining a criminal conviction, but there are a few things worth mentioning.  first, in the eyes of public opinion, a defendant who settles out of court is almost always viewed as directly or indirectly admitting their guilt...why else would they have settled? secondly, once a defendent like cedu settles, they are automatically inviting future lawsuits.  remember that each time cedu settles, the fact that they settled adds weight to any future claims of a similar nature against them. third, just about every company i ever heard of pays some kind of liability insurance to cover the costs of any future judgements against them.  each time cedu pays a settlement, their insurance premiums go up, thus so does their cost of doing business.  If cedu has to jack up their prices, then they run the risk of alienating more families who can't afford their "services", and they risk further pissing off the parents who already feel their getting ripped off at cedu, leading them to consider pulling their kids out.

one last thing, remember that every complaint, judgement, and settlement against cedu becomes a matter of public record.  the more negative information about cedu we have available , the better the chances that parents who research the school will decide against sending their kids there.

of course we should help the police convict cedu of criminal abuse.  it is our duty to speak up and let the cops know what was done to us. those of us who were at cedu know they abused us and deserve to pay for their crimes.  our ultimate goal should be muliple criminal convictions.  but all of us should welcome and celebrate every little victory we get against cedu, even the small court settlements that don't seem to mean much now, but may add up up to something bigger in the future.

[ This Message was edited by: SON OF SERBIA on 2004-07-19 13:44 ][ This Message was edited by: SON OF SERBIA on 2004-07-19 13:46 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »
WELL SAID!!! THANKYOU, SOMEONE RASH AND NOT MONEY HUNGRY!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »
It would be best for all of us to fight CEDU in the way we see fit to fight them.

It does not serve our purpose, and it helps CEDU, when we bettle against each other.

We need to support each other against that horrable place. Don't get into petty squabbles.

Lets sue them and prosecute them, each part cooperating with the other. "What we do in life echose in eternity."
Maximus

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »
anyone wonder WHY you can't have TAPE RECORDERS? HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
New CEDU lawsuit
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »
Hey, thanks for bumping this, anon. I was looking for just this post by SoS and couldn't find it earlier.

That's probably the best thinking I've read lately on civil and criminal action as regards the Troubled Parent industry. And I wanted to add onto this train of thought one other idea that might very well be effective.

One of the problems that Program vets often mention is that no one understands. Sure, if you tell a story about overt violence, rape, fraud and the like, anyone (who believes you) will readily understand that that aspect of these programs is obviously wrong. But it doesn't tell the whole story and most people conclude that these are isolated incidents. They're not. I believe that the basic Synanon method (which, by the way, is not unique to Chuck Dederich's funny little cult, but is common to all cults and high demand groups) is psychologically and emotionally abusive in and of itself and that it sets up an environment ripe for the more overt kinds of abuse that keep making headlines.

I've noticed a trend in successful action against these programs. The most effective efforts to shut down abusing programs always seems to be done by outsiders. Face it, ours and our parents' credibility is tarnished by virtue of our having become involved w/ these cults. It may not be fair, but it's a fact that we have to deal with.

I'd like to compare notes. I'd like to understand the similarities and differences between your experience w/ CEDU and my experience w/ The Seed and Straight, Inc. and others' experience w/ other programs. I want to explain to outsiders, in terms they can understand, the implications of things like peer supervision, being cut off from communication w/ the outside world, sleep deprivation, etc.

Any thoughts?

If we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion by education

--Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes