Author Topic: Good news?  (Read 7373 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »
On 2004-12-31 17:22:00, Carey wrote:

"You're it, no you're it"

So why didn't you.  Cause you couldn't think of it on your own?

Oh yeah I forgot, you are just a kid.

"

All I can do is shake my head.  I didn't write that with the slightest negative intention and you come back with this.  My intent in posting that was to, again, point out that we really do have some common ground here and it looks like we're both thinking a lot more alke than we thought.  I had hoped that might illicit a more civil response from you.  

Wow.  I apologize.  You're issues much run quite a bit deeper than I had realized.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2004, 08:35:00 PM »

"

No Carey, I WAS a kid victimized by money hungry sadists.  Not anymore.

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2004, 08:43:00 PM »
Yes, and they took away your identity too, I guess.  They still have you too frightened to speak for yourself, you speak as an anon.  You still are a victim.

The more I read, the more we converse, the more I realize, how sad it is for you to be you.  

Ginger, I think I will go now.  This site is for "victims."

Offline miseducated

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »
In my experience, it was always the kids with the most fucked up families who were "acting out" the most. The kids whose parents were happy, gentle, and well-adjusted were fine. When I was a teenager, I thought I would like to go to a mental institution, just to get away from my parents, who were always yelling, at their kids or at each other! But, instead of the real abuser in the family getting kicked out, I got shipped off to one of the american gulags. I was "acting out" in part because I was in a lot of pain over my home life.

Spots, sorry I didn't say it before, but your post a couple pages back about what your grandkid and the other kids went through really touched me. I am sad those kids had to go through that, but I am glad they have someone who will listen to them and take them seriously.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »
THIS is where I saw you first going after someone.  From where I'm sitting, Spots was stating her opinion that if a jury heard this "testimony" (OK, I guess you could say she was guilty of misusing the term "evidence") that they would find it compelling.  She listed in quite plain terms WHY she believed this and was, again, met with smugness and extreme hositlity.  It amazes me because you are both against abusive treatment....correct??? I know that you differ from there on what programs are or aren't classified as abusive or whatever other semantics. Sometimes I can't tell because of the krassness of the 'debate' but I honestly don't have the time or patience to keep up with it. .

Just my PERSONAL opinion.

On 2004-12-31 13:50:00, Carey wrote:

"
This is personal, credible testimony from someone who lives in my house. If you want more, just ask Cherish Wisdom about her daughter's experiences at Provo Canyon, or Buzzkill about her son's time at Dundee. How much personal testimony about *physical* abuse do you need to believe it happened? We're not even venturing into the mental anguish and abuse of the entire Program. Let's just say, you have been presented with evidence a jury would weep over (see the PURE trial), and to ignore it or challenge it is...well, stupid.

Spots, what evidence?  Accusations?  Personal Testimony?  Accusations and personal testimony are not evidence. Have you not heard the personal testimony of those who work in, or run the programs.  They too have plenty of positive things to say about what happens in the programs.

There are plenty of parents that have plenty of positive things to say (personal testimonies) as well.  Their testimony contradict yours. And, their children's testimony contradictS that of your granddaughter's.  Why do you not consider their "testimony" as good as evidence? Because it is not evidence!  Nor is yours or anyone elses.  Someone telling you how "great" the program is has not proven to you that it is "great".  Yet its the same story they tell  over and over again.  Why do you not believe them?  BECAUSE IT IS NOT EVIDENCE!

The accusations themselves may be true none the less, BUT THEY ARE NOT EVIDENCE.  People telling the same stories over and over, does not make them true.

I don't know anything about Cherish Wisdom or her daughters experience at Provo, but I do know about Buzzkill and I do know Buzzkill wouldn't know reality if it slapped her smack dab in the face. And as for Buzzkill's son, I have talked to him personally. He called my house. I know where his head is at.

"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2004, 08:46:00 PM »
On 2004-12-31 17:43:00, Carey wrote:

"Yes, and they took away your identity too, I guess.  They still have you too frightened to speak for yourself, you speak as an anon.  You still are a victim.

The more I read, the more we converse, the more I realize, how sad it is for you to be you.  

Ginger, I think I will go now.  This site is for "victims."  "

You really need to get over yourself. :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »
On 2004-12-31 16:53:00, Carey wrote:

"Which program?  

But, you really shouldn't dish it out, if you can't take it.  So, are you as angry with your parents as you are with me?"

Sorry, missed this question amongst the bullshit.  The answer is none of your fucking business.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »
in regards to the which program question.  Already answered the other. :em:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Good news?
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »
Ok, let me be a little more clear.

Some people posting in these forums and in this thread have a vested interest in setting us all at each other's throats.

Of course I don't know that in that I can't prove it, imperically, to the standard of proof acceptable to a competent court. It's just my opinion. Take it, leave it or use it somehow. Your call.

Just don't fall for it. A lot of people around here don't like me very much. I've been called everything from a slut to a malfecant agent of the devil ot (get this!) a Mason! I don't give a shit! Really. Honestly. Call me uneducated, I'll consider the relavence to the topic. After all, I never finished the 10th grade. It might be relavent. Call me something I'm not, I don't care enough to answer. I really don't.

What I'm trying to say is DON'T FALL FOR IT! Just don't. None of you. You who have a vaguely bad notion of who and what Carey is, consider that you may have been influenced by some very ugly and obviously unfounded statements about her. Carey, please consider that everybody else here is just as vulnerable to that kind of impressions as you are.

I have an unfair advantage. I can make an educated guess about who's saying what. It's not that I'm posessed of superior intillect. Just that I have information that I can't give out w/o violating the trust of people who depend on that promise of reasonable privacy. (except, of course, in the case of Lee Colburn. In that case, I freely admit that I took advantage of an intemperate moment when he was strung out on rage and manipulated him into giving me permission to divulge his anonymous posts. And it was fun, I enjoyed it thoroughly!)

But I do look back and see where the initial hostile, inciteful posts come from and, more often than not, they come from people who, in other conversations, try (hard) to make WWASP programs seem kind, gentle and worthy.

Again, just don't fall for it, ok? You don't have half the enemies you think you do and you're not the enemy of half the people who think you are. Just ignore the obvious incitement and only address those people and those points that are worthy of your attention.

I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment, to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure.
--Clarence Darrow, American lawyer

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »
***Ginger, I think I will go now. This site is for "victims."

Don't let the door hit you in your judgmental ass on the way out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2004, 11:15:00 PM »
The evidence I witness was a video the Mexican police took of High Impact.  

It was very compelling evidence.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good news?
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »
On 2004-12-31 17:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

All I can do is shake my head.  I didn't write that with the slightest negative intention and you come back with this.  My intent in posting that was to, again, point out that we really do have some common ground here and it looks like we're both thinking a lot more alke than we thought.  I had hoped that might illicit a more civil response from you.  

Wow.  I apologize.  You're issues much run quite a bit deeper than I had realized.

"

oops, should be 'your' issues.  sorry.

I really meant this too.  It's a shame that it got to this point.  There is a lot more common ground here than not.