Author Topic: We are not alone!  (Read 18199 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
We are not alone!
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »
On 2004-06-10 16:17:00, GregFL wrote:

(and why do many people that use/used drugs support prohibition?). It is because we are lemmings and believe the bullshit we are told to believe, and then our society feeds on our belief.

No, they don't actually believe it. They just paste on the DARE bumper stickers for the same reason we all mow our lawns and wear clothing; because our neighbors would take it the wrong way if we didn't.

I contend it is all a part of the same credulous thought process, and it is seemingly innocuous to most people and very destructive upon further examination.

Critical thinking and skeptical analysis will set you free.

Sure as the day is long; a little more in the Summer and less in the Winter. (heh) Like I said, it's alright to speculate--honing your theories as sharply as you can. So long as we don't get all full of ourselves and start thinking that our convictions are solid enough to justify imoral acts against others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »
But they DO believe it. I have beat my head against the wall talking to friends of mine that are solid republicans and also partake in a little weed or coke here and there. When you talk drug war, they shrug it off and say drugs should be illegal. When you say, "then you are advocating your own arrest and detainment" they go into circular arguments about children and drugs, legalization causing more drug use, etc, etc.

Why do they believe it and why have they bought into this drug war hype? Because they have swallowed the bait hook line and sinker with no evidence that the drug war is working and plenty of evidence to the contrary. They have conditioned themselves to believe everything they are told without question even when it flies against their own behavior. This credulous thinking can be demonstrated in other areas of society as well and I believe it is destructive and dangerous.

Take faith healers for example. These guys are on tv almost every day. No one gives a shit, they either believe or laugh at them. Gobs of evidence exist that they are just crooks and not one iota of real evidence exists that they have ever cured anyone. Why should anyone care?  First, they steal money in a very organized fashion from stupid people, perhaps even people in your own family. Second, they cause many people to go off their medication and possibly cause sickness and/or death.  My own father stopped taking his heart medication after a stint with a faith healer and he is a heart patient. He ended back on gobs of medication but still says he is better now and god cured him. His doctor would beg to differ as would all that know him.

But, God is good and God can cure sickness we are told. If you are against faith healers you are fighting god, you are on the side of "evil". We know so because we have been told so.  Therefore as a society we close our eyes to this blantant injustice. A wink and a nod at criminals stealing millions of dollars and causing people to forgoe legitimate treatment protocols.

Credulous thinking is dangerous.

Speculation is much different than credulous thinking. Speculation is fun. If we look up to the sky and say "there must be life somewhere out there", that is speculation and it is harmless. When we look up and see a light and say "aliens are preparing to invade our country", well, that is what I speak of above.

I am sorry if this topic is jumping around, I am just trying to connect a thought thru several different topics.[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-06-11 06:09 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »
:grin:

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-06-11 07:30 ]

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »
On 2004-05-26 17:22:00, GregFL wrote:

"There used to be a  cartoon website that showed jesus sitting in an alien ship going around zapping people with an x ray.

funny shit 2003, now tell em how you really feel, sarcasm aside...

"

I really want to believe in UFOs and aliens, after all, I grew up watching Star Trek, then Star Wars, but the skeptic in me is not convinced--there simply is not credible evidence.  Flying zombies, on the other hand, are real.  One landed his plane on the deck of a US Navy aircraft carrier with a banner that read "Mission Accomplished" about a year ago.  It was all over the news. I'm sure you saw the pictures.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »
"Mexian Air force UFO's Likely equipment artifacts"

by Kevin Christopher

on March 5, 2004, a mexican air force plane recorded bright blurred orbs on its infared imaging system over campeche state. The pilots reported that their radar detected strange objects flying nearby during a routine drug surveillance flight and their infared camera showed eleven blobs of light, invisible to the eye, hovering and darting around the aircraft.

Several weeks later on April 22, Mexican Defense Secretary Ricardo vega Garcia gave video footage of the encounter to Jaime Maussan, a UFOlogist and television journalist who hosts Los Grandes Misterios del Tercer Milenio (great mysteries of the third millennium) boradcast on the Mexican TV network Mutlimedios Television.  "This is historic news" he told reporters during a May 11 press conference. "Hundreds of videos (of UFOs) exist, but none had the backing of the armed forces of any country....The armed forces don't perpetuate frauds."  Maussan screened a fifteen minute segment from the tape for reporters.

As Mexican and international media published photographs of the objects, UFO web sites cited the case as evidence of some form of extraterrestrial life.  As of this writing, Secratary Vega Garcia insisted that the military had reached no conclusion about the images.

"there are seven observations we can make about the objects seen in the video", asys James McGaha, a retired US Air Force major, astronomer, and technical consultant for the committee for the scientific investigation of claims of the paranormal.  "they move in a straigbht line. They are at approximately the same altitude as aircraft-ten thousand feet. They show no vertical motion. They move at a constant velocity, no acceleration. Duplicate images occur. Distances are uniform within each formation. They are bright images that are out of focus. All of these observations are consistent with internal system generates images. That is, reflections, noise or mirages. It's important to note that the pilots never saw these objects visually, only through the infared imaging system. It's very likely that they used the system incorrectly and that this misuse generate spurious targets."

McGaha also dismissed skeptics and scientists who have rushed to seemingly reasonable explanations that are inconsistent with the facts already known. "There is no evidence that the objects in the video are flying saucers from another world" say McGaha. "the ridiculous claims of believers are bad enough, but its even worse to see skeptics and scientists engaging in unwarranted speculation. It is unfortunate that they have come out with suggestions that it was ball lightning, fireballs, meteors, or others re-entering debris. This is just nonsense. These atmospheric phenomena do not persist anywhere near as long as the images recorded on the video did."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
Many people worldwide have sworn to have seen UFO?s

Thousands claim that they have been abducted, and many more than once.

Numerous high level members of our military and every branch of the government have given depositions that this is true.

This is true of other governments as well.

The astronaut?s that landed on the moon said Aliens where there watching them!  Why would they say that?  And not just one of them made this claim!

Thousands of pictures exist,

There are thousands of cases of cattle mutilations,  

http://foia.fbi.gov/ufoanim.htm

There are compelling stories in all major cultures, many going back thousands of years,

There are hieroglyphics depicting UFOS

There are many legends espousing the same, all over the world.

So have I seen one?  No!  Do I think they are real?  Very possibly.  Can I prove that they are not real?  No!  Can you prove they don?t exist? NO, And hell even if I was abducted tomorrow and swore to you that it happened you wouldn?t believe me?  Kind of like people don?t believe what happened to us in Straight or the Seed.

Obviously any real proof is in government hands, and it?s just a hunch, but I don?t think they will let me see it.  And the people that have been in charge of the proof, with first hand knowledge, and swear that it?s true are called liars, or crazy, or just after a buck.  It just doesn?t add up.  

The preponderance of evidence suggests it has to be real.  This has been going on for thousands of years.  Is every one of the cases put forth lies?  Is it all a fabrication?  Everybody made it up?  I don?t think so; the story has been around for thousands of years.  

I just think that it?s a very distinct possibility that?s all.  If it?s not the universe sure is a waste of space don?t you think?

Take care all,

Now beam me up Scottie!

LOL

seeyaa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »
Regarding the Mexican Airforce, you may be correct.  The article makes sense, but good luck with the thousands of other cases, all through history.  It just doesn't add up.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »
"Many people worldwide have sworn to have seen UFO?s"

Yes, and before modern machinery, many people claimed to see flying witches on brooms. Many people claim to have seen Bigfoot also as well as any number of cultural phenomena that contains no physical evidence. The numbers  lend no credibility whatsoever . For instance millions of people of Islamic and millions of people are christian. They both can't be right but they both can be wrong. This proves that millions of people can believe in something unprovable and be wrong.

-----------------------------------------
"Thousands claim that they have been abducted, and many more than once."

So? Thousand also claim past lives, physcic abilities and other nonsense that has no evidence backing it up.

--------------------------------------
"Numerous high level members of our military and every branch of the government have given depositions that this is true. "
----------------------------------------

You must be refering to the "disclosure project" where it was claimed this was forthcoming. It hasn't happened and likely won't. Two years ago a handfull of people said they would provide conclusive proof immediately and it hasn't materialized.   (holding my breath)

--------------------------------------------

"The astronaut?s that landed on the moon said Aliens where there watching them! Why would they say that? And not just one of them made this claim!"
------------------------------------

No they didn't, this is a fabrication of the nutball UFO community. I linked earlier to Aldrin's actual statement...look it up. It is neither fantastical or conspiratorial. The UFO community fabricated a myth around a very benign statement.

-------------------------------------------------
"Thousands of pictures exist"
-----------------------------------------------

As well as thousands of proven frauds and explained phenomena. The UFO community continues to embrace pictures after they have been analyized and explained. Sheer numbers mean nothing because not ONE picture has been confirmed as alien in nature.  Ask yourself not why there are thousands of pictures, but why out of the thousands of known frauds and explained pics not one confirmed alien picture exists. That is the real question.

-----------------------------------------------
"There are thousands of cases of cattle mutilations,"
---------------------------------------------

and this proves what exactly?

-------------------------------------------
"There are hieroglyphics depicting UFOS"
------------------------------------------

No there are not. This fraud was first perpetrated by a known nut who wrote "chariots of the gods". These pics are actually known by people trained in Archeology as other than aliens. people embrace the fantastic and ignore the actual evidence. It is there if you really wan't to know.

--------------------------------------------
"Can I prove that they are not real? No!"

Of course you can't...anymore than you can prove that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and leprachauns aren't real. There is no way to disprove something that is likely fabricated. You cannot disprove a negative. Try this, disprove this statement...."a four legged multiheaded invisible monster from another solar system invaded earth and mutated cattle and made crop circles."

--------------------------------------
"The preponderance of evidence suggests it has to be real."

Sorry, but there is not one iota of evidence that suggests aliens have visited earth. NONE.

------------------------------------------------
"the story has been around for thousands of years."

I challenge you to find one piece of literature older than 200 years old that mentions alien spacecraft.  Post it here....

and for insight into how the UFO community "verifies" evidence, check this out...MUFON, the largest and most respected UFO people believing research body, twice certified a microsoft mouse as an actual UFO!!!

http://ufohoax.tripod.com/

LMFAO!!!!!

over and out.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-06-23 14:14 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »
Having a real bad day today, but thanks to you, you brightened it up a bit.  Look I just think it?s real possible.  You as always present a good case and when I have more time I?ll post better links to look at.  Are they real, hell I don?t know?  I just find it very interesting.  I?m in the middle of moving, so when I have a chance, I?ll dispel some of your statements.  

Until then stay cool Greg, your da bomb

Ok now,

Beam me up Scottie, I?m out of here??????

UK here we come,

vsp

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »
glad your day is better my friend!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »
What if there are beings from another planet scoping out Earth?
What would that mean?

What if they aren't what they appear to be; or say they are? What if they are something else entierly? What else might they be? What reason might they have for pretending to be alein beings from other worlds?

If a bunch of people suddenly vanish without a trace all at once, how would you explain it?
What explanation would seem most acceptable to you?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »
What if a colony of super small intelligent beings lived in your ass and made you scratch every time you suspected they were there?

What if? What else could it be making your ass scratch?  What other explanation makes any sense?

What if?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »
Seriously, ahem, anon...I believe you are making a vague baiting reference to the supposed "rapture".

Am I in the ballpark? Are you suggesting the "aliens" are demons?  

COMON, give it to us straight up!!!! We wanna hear your theory, really!!!!!

:grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »
Hi Greg :smile:
I have no well formed theory about alliens. I do wonder about a lot.
I expect time will tell.

I do think there is *something* besides dream work going on.
I do believe there is a lot of evidence that *something* else is out there/here.

I know you don't. I'm not trying to change your mind. But it is always good to cast your mind over the various what ifs.

On a *possibly* related subject:
What do you think about the stone pictures in (I think)Peru's? They intrigue me. Now WHY would ancient south American Indians take thousands and thousands of stones; lay them out to form images of spiders and monkeys ad snakes; that could only be viewed from way up in the sky? HOW did they do it? These things are monstrously large and make no sense unless viewed from an airplane. How could they even know How to do that?

*Something* outside of the norm was going on when they made those stone pictures.