Author Topic: RUNAWAY CEDU TEEN STILL MISSING!!  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RUNAWAY CEDU TEEN STILL MISSING!!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »
I say we all help...Anyone who lives in southern california please respond..Its been a year now..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
Iam Already Helping. More people would be nice though

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 01:19:00 AM »
I live in SoCal, but i doubt I'm gonna find the kid. I hear the last word is that he was in San Diego. If there's been no word, it probably means he made some friends, went in on some sort of crib with them, and is working an under the table job to make ends meet. If he feels like he can trust revealing himself and his location to parents, family, etc., I'm sure he'll do it. If he's not 18 yet, you'll probably just have to wait until then, as he won't feel as threatened then.

I'm not saying this is the case, I'm just saying that if I were in his shoes and had half a brain, that's exactly what I would've done.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »
I say if you find the kid, tell him everything you know. Urge him to contact his parents so they know if he's ok or not. That's only the decent thing to do and, generally, a teenaged kid hasn't got the capacity to understand what it's like from the parents pov. But don't turn him in! Maybe a classified ad in a national pub would be the best way to communicate at this point.

But he and his parents likely have some trust issues to sort out and neither you nor I know for sure if we'd be doing any of them a favor by busting him out.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-- Albert Einstein

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 03:39:00 AM »
Well I hope he's ok, but I still think he's just living with some friends somewhere in the country making ends meet. He'll be ok, and when he wants to, his family will hear from him again.

There's definitely a sense of betrayal when your family sends you to CEDU. When my parents sent me there, I felt like they had given up, like they felt as if I was an anomaly in their lives. My siblings, they deserved the firsthand care, but all I was worthy of was a bunch of abrasive staff members and some wranglers in North Idaho. I've gotten over it, but then, I know I have quite a few years on this kid. He hasn't come running home yet, and he hasn't turned up in any police reports or morgues, so he's obviously at least got his act together. Just wait out the storm. He'll be ok.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 03:39:00 AM »
Well I hope he's ok, but I still think he's just living with some friends somewhere in the country making ends meet. He'll be ok, and when he wants to, his family will hear from him again.

There's definitely a sense of betrayal when your family sends you to CEDU. When my parents sent me there, I felt like they had given up, like they felt as if I was an anomaly in their lives. My siblings, they deserved the firsthand care, but all I was worthy of was a bunch of abrasive staff members and some wranglers in North Idaho. I've gotten over it, but then, I know I have quite a few years on this kid. He hasn't come running home yet, and he hasn't turned up in any police reports or morgues, so he's obviously at least got his act together. Just wait out the storm. He'll be ok.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »
i know how worriesome this must be for you, but I agree with the above poster, he's probably just really wary of contacting you after his CEDU experience. I'll bet he ran away more than once.

Offline wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »
My son never runaway from home before. People can check that out easlier with a call the to the Edison Police department in New Jersey.

He was last seen in San Diego back in December. We hope he is ok and not calling home because he still angry at us.