Author Topic: anyone had nightmares?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Full Coor BC

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« on: May 07, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »
i had an amazingly real dream last night that woke me up with my stomach in knots.
I was back in elan after i had graduated (current day) and i had to split. i remember tamar kalkstein from when i was at elan and she was a chief, she is the only "student" i remember from my dream and of course all the staff were there. i was sitting in the dining room debating on whether or not to dart out the door, and finally did, the part of the dream after this was very intense and confusing, but i ran and ran and ran. eventually i ended up in the woods by my childhood home and then into a clearing at a gas station all the while they were chasing me. after that i woke up in a panic and called a fellow elan vet. he told me that he thought of elan as having it's tentacles deep in our brains, kicking up such bizarre toturing thoughts when you least expect them. i have dreamt of elan before but they were humorous dreams of cutting jokes and contracting out with old friends.
how many of you have had these kind of dreams, this has left me very bitter today, more so than i usually feel about that place.
sorry i haven't checked in with ya'll recently but i have no internet acess at my crib. hope everyone is well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hit(ney) Long
Elan 7 Veteran
09-01-95 to 06-12-98

\"Leave no turn unstoned\"-Jerome Garcia

\"I\'d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave\"- Jimmy Cliff

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »
what, ooookayyyy, holla at your boy... glad i could help you this mornin man.. im always here for ya.. huhuhuh he said tentacles

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »
I've had a lot of nightmares about being back in Elan.  After years, for some reason, I have them less frequently.  But I still have them.

The story's usually: I'm above 18, I try to sign out and I wake up.

It's not so much what happens in the dream as the dreadful idea of being back there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »
Dear Survivors...
The documentary some of you have been waiting for is now in production.
NUMBER 5 ROAD is going to tell your stories in a professional
investigative-journalistic fashion. Nothing is going to be left out. It
is going to be fair both to Elan and you. We, the producers, make no
judgements, form no opinions. The story is what it is.
We are still looking for former resident students from any era. Staff
are welcome as well. Parents, are especially requested to contact our
office. If you have a story to tell, if you have come out of Elan for
better or worse,we want to talk to you. Whatever your story, we want to
hear it.
Principal photography begins June 26th . Our studio is located in PA,
but we are highly mobile and able to travel anywhere to get a story. We
will come to your home, office or the location of your choice
The producers have been in contact with 3 national film festivals and
will be meeting with a well known cable company after completion of a
rough cut
  Call : Calls are taken 10a-9p est. 215 643 5503
  Email: [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »
the previous post was NOT posted by anyone at Eot Productions, LLC but we thank you for the plug.

Offline Marina

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »
Fine, back to the subject: Whitney's dream.

Whitney what's up? I used to have these dreams about every other night for over a year or so. Then, just like Peter described, it's been less frequent as the years go by.
 In my dreams I'd come back to visit and they wouldn't let me go back home. This got better after I actually payed Elan a visit. I was so scared, I don't think I'd make it to Maine if it wasn't for Amanda Moore. Glad I did it thou, and I'll surely come back again when i get the chance. About the dreams, I haven't had one of those for the past few months but I hear you. I've talked to other people who've also felt hunted by Elan in their dreams. It's normal.

Take care yo.

Peace!

[ This Message was edited by: Marina on 2004-05-07 13:41 ]

Offline Sweet Girl

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »
Yeah,
I've definitely had the "back in elan dreams" myself.  I still have them to this day.  It's usually when I'm struggling a little bit.  Like when I feel myself "slipping" in some way or another into the "behaviors" that elan taught me not to have.  I guess that for me, it's a reminder in a way.  It stops me from allowing myself to get into a situation where I can't control my own decisions, or thought process, or- anything for that matter.  I think the dreams I've had are pretty similar to what you described.  I'm there and I know I don't want to be, but there's nothing I can do about it but run.  It's a very strong, vivid feeling (for a dream).  I feel that loss of freedom and control all over again, just like when I was a new resident.  I think that I will periodically have these dreams for the rest of my life.  I think that elan is one of those things that is too intense to forget about.  Memories will always be floating around somewhere in my mind about it, even if it's only in my subconscious mind.
Kate B. E-7 1998-2000
Well I\'ve been afraid of changin, because I\'ve built my life around you.  But time makes you bolder- even children get older, and I\'m getting older too.\" -Fleetwood Mac

Offline Marina

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »
On 2004-05-07 17:30:00, Sweet Girl wrote:

" I think that elan is one of those things that is too intense to forget about.  Memories will always be floating around somewhere in my mind about it, even if it's only in my subconscious mind.

Kate B. E-7 1998-2000        
"

This is so true, Kate. Thanks for your insight, it's nice to know that someone somewhere feels the same way.

Peace!

Offline Full Coor BC

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 05:41:00 AM »
hey,
i appreciate ya'lls responses, the dream has definitely thrown me for a loop as i remember a little more about it. im glad to know that im not the only one.i'll keep in touch.
hit(ney) Long
Elan 7 Veteran
09-01-95 to 06-12-98

\"Leave no turn unstoned\"-Jerome Garcia

\"I\'d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave\"- Jimmy Cliff

Offline Marty Douchebag Kruglik

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »
I have reoccuring dreams of being back there too. The scary part about it is during my dream I wind up telling myself in my dream, omg this is really true and it is not a dream.

When I finally wake up I'm like " WOW" what a nightmare!

Offline Meggz

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »
Katie, my love, I was wonderin' when u were gonna finally post something on here  ::rainbow:: And hello to all you elan 7 survivors  :grin:

Meg E-7 98-01

Offline Meggz

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »
Katie, my love, I was wonderin' when u were gonna finally post something on here  ::rainbow:: And hello to all you elan 7 survivors  :grin:

Meg E-7 98-01

Offline highrie

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »
I had nightmares all the freakin time. I used to dream that i went back the on my own just to hang out and then once i was back there, they wouldn't let me leave. I'd sit there and think 'why the fuck did i just come back here'. the first three or four years they were pretty intense, but now i have them less and less which is definatly a good thing. I would wake up from them honestly thinking i was back there- the only good thing was the relief i would feel once i realized that i was home.

Offline Marina

• View Profile
anyone had nightmares?
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »
It feels like you're describing my dreams... Not just one dream, but several. :scared: Has anyone had the same dream too? This is freaky.