Author Topic: Newtons book in Library of Congress  (Read 3966 times)

Offline smack

• View Profile
Newtons book in Library of Congress
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »
yeah, your art sucks biatch. too bad you got published and associated with newton assfuk. now your art and your name will always suck.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »
On 2004-05-04 10:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Please drop in to view an art exhibit at:

The Channel Medical Clinic,

209 South 12th Street, by cubist painter Shawn Arnow.   Shawn is a native

of Chicago.   Her art first received public acclaim when, at the age of 16, she was asked to provide illustrations for a book written by Dr. Miller Newton.  "Gone Way Down" is currently displayed in the National Library of Congress.  Shawn then moved to New York to pursue

her dream of becoming a painter.  She enrolled in the Art Students League, a highly acclaimed art school and was subsequently accepted to the New York Academy of Art.  At the Academy she studied abstract art and techniques of Cubism.   After finishing art school, Shawn spent several years commuting between New York and Florida.  She

finally decided to make her home in the place she loves most-the

Tampa Bay area.  Shawn's art work is her form of release.   Vibrant

colors and unique images express her thoughts, emotions and imagination.

http://www.portdoctor.com .  Click link for map and other information."

"

I would bet my last dime that this is all full of shit anyhow.

First, any professionally published book is cataloged into the"Library of Congress". Simply look at the copyright page: Cataloging In Publication Data. Using the word "displayed" is pretty comical. Sure the LOC displays art, and incredible art and collectible books at that. I'd bet that last dime that that butt ugly book design might be somewhere burried on a shelf with every other book ever published, but no way in hell is it sitting out in some display case. Give me a break. That's a stretch

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »
On 2004-05-10 11:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-05-04 10:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Please drop in to view an art exhibit at:

The Channel Medical Clinic,

209 South 12th Street, by cubist painter Shawn Arnow.   Shawn is a native

of Chicago.   Her art first received public acclaim when, at the age of 16, she was asked to provide illustrations for a book written by Dr. Miller Newton.  "Gone Way Down" is currently displayed in the National Library of Congress.  Shawn then moved to New York to pursue

her dream of becoming a painter.  She enrolled in the Art Students League, a highly acclaimed art school and was subsequently accepted to the New York Academy of Art.  At the Academy she studied abstract art and techniques of Cubism.   After finishing art school, Shawn spent several years commuting between New York and Florida.  She

finally decided to make her home in the place she loves most-the

Tampa Bay area.  Shawn's art work is her form of release.   Vibrant

colors and unique images express her thoughts, emotions and imagination.

http://www.portdoctor.com .  Click link for map and other information."

"

I would bet my last dime that this is all full of shit anyhow.

First, any professionally published book is cataloged into the"Library of Congress". Simply look at the copyright page: Cataloging In Publication Data. Using the word "displayed" is pretty comical. Sure the LOC displays art, and incredible art and collectible books at that. I'd bet that last dime that that butt ugly book design might be somewhere burried on a shelf with every other book ever published, but no way in hell is it sitting out in some display case. Give me a break. That's a stretch"

Public Acclaim for this is what gets me laughing!

Maybe in her hometown.

My guess is Newton got her to do the illustrations for free or on the cheap and I can't see how having her illustrations in one book would give her any public acclaim... he probably took advantage of her just like all of us and the difference is that she doesn't know how loaded the use of his name or book might be.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »
They used client creativity to come up with design logos and such while I was there. Child art exploitation seems to be a common theme as well?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »
I don't get the link... Was something removed?
Doctors?/ Art? What and where is the connection?

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »
Sawn's art was visually pleasing.  

I found it to be forthright and intrensically harmless.  While I was using, and analyzing and putting myself into the physically altered mixed media that the artist used to create a likeness of itself, as my personal toilet I thought to myself:

"Im really doing what Sawn said for me to do.  Im really enjoying the viewing of this art while Im pissing and defecating on it !!!

This

Is

Amazing !"

After I was done with my physical graffiti I had to have more.  I visited Sawn's links.  The artist really went all out here to make my entertainment not only fun, but educational as well.  Usually I have to pay for junk like this for me to get off.  But now I have only to clean my monitor.  And the cleaner costs less than the typical fee for this kind of fun.

Accolades to the artist there.

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »
Dude of course its not Shawn Arow or whatever her name was..dont be so gullible guys..fuck.

Just like Dr newton isnt Dr Newton.. :roll:
Entire, complete serenity
Injected intravenously
Transgression euphoric bliss divine
Initiate a timeless stain of mind
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »
On the other hand if you do feel the need to "Talk" to Ms. Arnow it would be so very easy to find her..
 So whats stopping you? At least your abusers are easy to find..
 I cannot find mine..Scott Ladd, Will Woods, Ed Frimmer,Jeff Dodd,Brad Meisel...Where are you??

Shes got balls Ill give her that.Alot more balls than the people I just mentioned that Read fornits but do not post due to fear. They know theres 100s of grown men that remember them and want some compensation  :lol:
Entire, complete serenity
Injected intravenously
Transgression euphoric bliss divine
Initiate a timeless stain of mind
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised