Author Topic: "Us and Them"  (Read 2073 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
"Us and Them"
« on: July 08, 2002, 06:36:00 AM »
I am fairly new to these forums.  I bounce between Straight Survivors and Straight Alumni and use different posting names, yet some of you smarter members will know who I am in either forum since I often post the same message in either one.  If this were a football game, I would have to say that this forum scores more touchdowns, but Straight Alumni definately has possession of the ball more than we do.  Maybe people are running out of steam or something.  I was fortunate enough to get together with three collegues from my days of incarceration at St. Pete Straight.  It was awkward at first, but after being with these guys and some other very dedicated people, I felt the years melt away from me and it was like I was 17 all over again.  My biggest and most lasting contribution to the St. Pete Straight was that I was the brightest and most dedicated jerk (mis-behavior) of my era.  In the weeks to come I resolve to bring the Jerk back to life and place him in the lives of the scum-bags who profitted from our misery and who stole from us what may well have been the best years of our lives.  This drug testing thing for high school students is criminally stupid.  I plan to protest and hope others do the same. As for the differences that occur in these forums, hey whadda want? In my program, crack was a part of your ass, MTV had not yet been invented, CD's were something old people put their money in at the bank, and cell phones were as big as hairdryers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
"Us and Them"
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 03:31:00 PM »
You are too funny. The alumni has most of the same members as us it is just a little chattier and this is more like specific issues maybe but the alumni is not a bunch of people who love straight hell no they hate it like we do. :grin: kady Boston 89-91
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline escaper

• View Profile
"Us and Them"
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 01:43:00 AM »
Hey, Jerk, welcome with your wordy witty stuff. The years melting away stuff is so key to these forums, aint it strengthening?  Thanks for posting

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
"Us and Them"
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2002, 10:22:00 AM »
hanging out that weed-end w/you Bob and Chris and Eddie.  Was like old times, 'cept we weren't locked up or belt-looped.   Beer was nice as well!  It has been such a long time, almost 24 years . . . that is amazing.   I can still remember, feel, see, and taste being on the front row, day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, . . .   That is strange; my life at straight and the immediate years after have to classified as a freakin trip.   Glad to see you again 85 day jerk after all these years.

C - ya

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Us and Them"
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 12:12:00 PM »
I wonder  who you are. Are there other 80-82 people out there.  I was held for 2 years until my parents had an overwhelming outbreak of sense and let me out. Finding this forum, and reading it all is leaving me chilled. Whoa..
Bill, Tampa

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
"Us and Them"
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2002, 02:45:00 PM »
I was there from Oct `80 - Oct `82 when I split from 5th phase. I was in Sarasota, though. Only in St. Pete for like the last week or three before they shipped us to that warehouse in Sarasota. So we probably never saw eachother. But I really want to know what happened to Bobby. If you know how to get in touch with him or Cathy, please give them my email/phone number.

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes